jarret
Manhole

russia vs. america during world war 2- who would win?

Manhole

jarret

Pro

I believe that during wwII Russia would've defeated America. first round is acceptance.
Manhole

Con

I will accept your challenge under the condition that you specify when the battle would have taken place as the infantry, technologies and strategies may be different.
jarret

Pro

jarret forfeited this round.
Manhole

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round the debate will resume when he continues debating
jarret

Pro

Sorry about that, I was on vacation.
The circumstances are: the technologies and strategies are ww2 era. It is based on an armour and infantry battle. Aircraft does not apply. Thank you and good luck!
I would like to base my first argument on 3 points: industrial capacity, technology, and training. First off, let"s talk about technology. I will be breaking this down into two components: infantry and armour. I am going to compare Russian infantry weapons to American infantry weapons.1: PPSH 41 submachine gun vs. the Thompson submachine gun. Which one would you rather have? Most people would choose the Thompson because they've never heard of the PPSH 41 before. But in my mind, the Thompson is very inferior. The reason for that is because the ppsh came into service in 1941, while the Thompson came out in 1917. So it has better technology. Also, the ppsh 41 weighed less at more rounds in a magazine.it weighed 8 lbs. with a 71 round drum. The Thompson weighed 11 lbs. with a 30 round magazine. Now, for armour. T-34 vs. m4 Sherman. I believe that the t-34 wins hands-down. It has a lower hull, thicker armour, wider threads, and was the highest produced tank in the war. But the up-gunned Sherman, the firefly, could easily knock out the t-34 at a considerable range. When the t-34/85 or the kv-1 comes into play, the tides turn. All the Americans have are an arrangement of light, medium, and anti-tank armour. The Russians have light, medium, heavy, super heavy AND anti-tank armour. just to name a few, the behemoth ISU-152, iosif Stalin 1,2,3, and 7 heavy tanks, kv 1-2, t-70 light tank, just to name a few. Now let"s move onto industrial capacity. Russia had 5 million men in conscript at the time of war and had 22 million other men fit for service. On the other hand, the U.S had 1.25 million men in conscript, and 3.5 million men fit for service. That is a substantial difference. Also, the factories in Russia are way more efficient than factories in America. During the battle for Stalingrad, in 1942-43, the German armies came within 5 kilometres of a Russian tank factory, and the factory kept churning, out armour, men, and weapons until they repelled the Germans. American factories would probably collapse under all that pressure, I would say. It"s time to move onto my final argument: determination. When the Germans invaded Russia in 1940, it took Stalin 3 weeks to mobilise his armies. But when they were, they used the "steamroller" effect much more effectively than in WW1. The turning tide of the eastern front was the battle of Stalingrad. The Russians knew that if the Germans took the city, the war would be lost. They turned every street, house, and piece of debris into a killing zone.
my own knowledge
Manhole

Con

Manhole forfeited this round.
jarret

Pro

I will not post anything thing this round, as to keep this debate fair.
Manhole

Con

Manhole forfeited this round.
jarret

Pro

jarret forfeited this round.
Manhole

Con

Manhole forfeited this round.
Posted by Manhole 1 year ago
Manhole
I'm starting to think he forgot about the website.
Posted by EvanBerrett 1 year ago
EvanBerrett
Not to mention the U.S. actually had a Navy and reputable Air Force
Posted by The10thDoctor 1 year ago
The10thDoctor
During WWII Russia barely made it through the war with 75% of there military already dead. America's casualties were way less than that of russias. If the US didn't step in during the war it wouldn't have divided enough of the german forces and russia would have lost.
Vote Placed by AgentRocks 1 year ago
AgentRocks
jarretManholeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and Bad Grammar.