sale of human organs

The Sale of Human Organs should be legalized.
1. Legalization of human organs will save lives.
A. The ban on organ sales for transplant has created a large and growing shortage. Williams 14
many individuals die waiting for transplants due to an insufficiency of organs, more than 122,000 individuals are wait listed, the current system relies on altruism of donors

B. other efforts to increase donations fail - (BEARD 08),
a series of policy designed to improve the system"s performance.Continue to maintain the basic zero-price property of the altruistic system. As a result, the likelihood that any of them, even in combination, will resolve the organ shortage is remote. At least seven such actions have been implemented and all have failed

C. shortage means many will die BEARD 08
more than 80,000 lives have now been sacrificed of our so called altruistic system.the pain, suffering, and death imposed on the innocents pales in comparison to what lies ahead if more fundamental change is not forthcoming. 196,310 patients are conservatively expected to die by 2015 as a consequence of the ongoing shortage

D. Organ sales would be the most effective way to solve the transplant shortage Becker and Elias 14
The most effective change would be to provide compensation to people who give their organs Paying donors for their organs would finally eliminate the supply-demand gap. In particular, sufficient payment to kidney donors would increase the supply of kidneys by a large percentage, without greatly increasing the total cost of a kidney transplant

Advantage 2 illegal market
A. The US ban on sales has created an international illegal market Hughes 9
A thriving global market in human organs has resulted from U.S. policy banning organ sales. The illegality of the organ trade is insufficient to discourage many of those faced with the possibility of dying on an organ waiting list, and "transplant tourism" has become its own industry. The lack of a regulated organ marketplace in the U.S. has resulted in exploitation of the poor throughout the world.

B Trafficking for organs is widespread - Kendrick 12
Organ removal is quite real and widespread. . More frequently poor and desperate people are lured by false promises

C. illegal markets is a threat to human health = Kelly 13
Because governmental disease control agencies do not monitor underground organ trafficking, recipients risk contracting infectious diseases like West Nile Virus and HIV. Transplant tourism also harms global public health policies. transplant tourism and broader medical tourism facilitate the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Because such bacteria are frequently found in hospitals, tourists are easily exposed and transmit these unique strains across borders

D. Increasing reliance on the illegal market means the threat is serious - Franco Pareses 14
More transplantation procedures are being performed annually, resulting in an increase in, there has been a growing identification of tropical infectious diseases occurring in transplant hosts in endemic and non-endemic settiing

Infectious Disease risks extinction - franca et al 13
infectious diseases remain a strong challenge to human survival. An important feature of infectious disease is its potential to arise globally, as exemplified by known devastating past and present pandemics such (HIV). in addition to reemerging diseases like dengue fever, the concerns about a global epidemic are not unfounded

The availability of organs in the US would dry up demand in the illegal market
Upchurch 12
By increasing the supply of available organs in the United States citizens would have less reason to travel elsewhere. If demand dried up transplant tourism in these countries would take a major hit. but presumably American citizens make up a substantial percentage of the tourist patients. Most of those organs ended up transplanted into American citizens.

If you look at the impacts that we solve for: Life and extinction I see no other ballet than an affirmative ballet.

First of all, it will kill more people. Just ripping out their organs to sell them is not crazy. Plus, it might lead to murder! Rip Rip Rip. Plus they can make artificial organs. Also, why advantage to illegal market? What are you thinking? That is the worst point for this topic. Illegal market. Plus, let them die, not suffer more surgery.

Well, I was hoping for a more serious argument.

I do not see how the sale of human organs will kill more people than save. Also the procedure will be the same as any other transplant, they will not rip the organs out, this is the 21st century with medical advancements made this will never happen.

The status quo causes 40,000-50,000 people to die on organ waitlists per year - Bear at al 2013
If our current predicament looks bad now, future predictions suggest things may become substantially worse. 2015, U.S. organ waiting lists will balloon to almost 160,000, with annual deaths increasing similarly. 40,000 to 50,000 people per year will die on waiting lists. middle of the next decade, and the actual number may well be far higher as more countries obtain the resources necessary to operate organ procurement and transplant systems and dialysis becomes more widely available. the continued existence of shortages leads inevitably to creative, and largely unregulated, responses by which
desperate patients seek transplants.

Lifting prohibition on organ sales solves the current crisis and saves thousands.- Becker and Elias 14
In 2012, 95,000 American men, women and children were on the waiting list, only about 16,500 kidney transplant operations were performed. an average wait of 4.5 years The most effective change would be to provide their organ that is, establishing a market for organs. Paying donors for their organs would finally eliminate the supply-demand gap.

Next on the bio printing argument made
A. Bioprinting is only in very basic phases and FDA will hold up
Gilpin 14 Lyndsey, staff writer, Tech Republic; "New 3D bioprinter to reproduce human organs, change the face of healthcare: The inside story" Tech Republic; August 1, 2014;

FDA regulations will hold up the process. It can take ten years to get something approved by the FDA. the FDA doesn't really know what to do with cells. They know devices, but they don't know what a cell is because a cell makes multiple drugs, does multiple activities. f it's made, harvested and expanded from say, 100 different donors, well now we've got a different ball game." To even reach that point, the researchers still have to overcome the primary obstacles: printing, creating, and testing the cells -- but most importantly, figuring out the basic biology that will allow this to be possible. Much of the research is stop-and-go. Big breakthroughs come every once in a while

B. Artificial Organs wont solve anytime soon - Clark 13 -

advances may allow us to "grow" that day is long in the future. In the meantime, the death rate of patients on donor lists will continue to rise.

C. Artificial Organs will be too Expensive to stop illegal sale - O'Sullivan 14
The impact that this "organ growing" has on the illegal organ trade will undoubtedly be determined by the cost to the party in need of an organ;

Now to the "argument" made against the illegal market advantage, I'm not sure if my opponent fully understand by what I meant as why I claim this as an advantage, I claim it because by legalizing the sale of human organs we dry up the illegal market, or black market for organs. Please correct me if I am wrong, but is it not the purpose to safe lives, not let these people die, and trust me the suffering from organ failure is worse than any surgery, seeing as there is a thing called anesthesia, and pain killing pills (non narcotic) to deal with the after care pain.

A. The massive shortage of organs in the United States is driving the underground organ market. Archer 13
Black market organs are transplanted reports there are "broker-friendly" US hospitals, who either don't know or don't care where the organs come from. organs are harvested from a living victim for compensation. In the worst case it involves kidnapping for the purpose of organ harvesting. According tothe World Health Organization, approximately 7,000 kidneys are illegally harvested annually by traffickers. WHO also claims that an organ is sold every hour. This is a mufti-million dollar industry, and it"s only expected to get worse.

please cross over my evidence on my impacts of disease from round one that my opponent did not mention. Once again After seeing my opponents arguments, which have little weight, because he has yet to provide any evidence for his claims; therefore my impacts are the only thing on the table. I see nothing else but an affirmative ballet

ObamaLover forfeited this round.

Well, my opponent has forfeited, so I see no other choice to vote for the affirmative.

I would like to take a moment and hope those that read my argumentation is actually facts and have the articles, now I realize this will and may never happen because of the politics and economic side, but I plead for you to write to your congressman and let them know that this is something we need to change, too many are dying waiting on a list that unfortunately they will never get off of u less they do die. I also plead that if you are not an organ donor, please do the right thing and go in and fill the papers out.

ObamaLover forfeited this round.
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
con, you make no sense; psst, how about you use overpopulation as one of your arguments?