fearflores22
LostintheEcho1498

same sex dates to the prom; why shouldn't it be allowed?

LostintheEcho1498

fearflores22

Pro

schools are against letting teens of the same sex go to prom or any school dance together. which makes absolutely no sense, they say "be yourself" but they despise those who embrace who they really are. are schools really that homophobic? why shouldn't teens of the same sex be allowed to go to a school event together? this is ridiculous.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

I accept your challenge and assume we are "going back and forth" as it were until one concedes. Let me answer your questions:
1. "are schools really that homophobic?"
To answer simply, no, they are not. Schools are against it mainly because their state is and have no other choice in the matter.
2. " why shouldn't teens of the same sex be allowed to go to a school event together?"
Here is the real part of this debate. Why? I love you, you love me, lets go to prom and be happy(Having a little fun with barney). Well, the main problem here is that people are not "Homophobic" as much as they are against gay marriage and couples. I personally have no issue with gays. My problem is when they act on it. Let me explain. Someone can be gay and just be gay. They have the feelings but don't act on them. Once they act on it, then it becomes wrong and is no longer acceptable. Whether we like it or not, right and wrong has been laid out for us and gay marriage is simply not right. This being said, why would we let them go to a school event as a couple? So that we can encourage a less moral society? I am not ok with that. People get bent out of shape that we don't accept gays but this is not the case. We accept the person, not the action. Gay or not. This is the same with drug addicts. We should be doing less accepting there and more drug rehab but that isn't relevant. Back again to the topic, I cannot accept someone doing something wrong and then wanting us all to say it is right. Some schools and states specifically are like this. Not allowing gays to be going as couples and getting married is the same thing with how we don't let slobbering drunk men into strip clubs and why we don't let children go into casinos. Believe it or not, some of the people in this country have morals and tend to stick with them even if half of the country is against it.
I mean no offense here but I am simply stating my opinion. Over to you Con.
fearflores22

Pro

fearflores22 forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

I forward my previous statement. Nothing else to add at this point. Vote Con. Yay.
fearflores22

Pro

fearflores22 forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

No further comment.
fearflores22

Pro

fearflores22 forfeited this round.
fearflores22

Pro

fearflores22 forfeited this round.
LostintheEcho1498

Con

Vote Con. Ya'll are awesome.
Posted by Hawkeye117 3 years ago
Hawkeye117
goordin your an idiot arnt you yes sex/sexual acts are banned from school what makes you things gay couples well do it at school and also strait couples can and some do oral and anal sex not just gay couples so if you would please no be too stupid
Posted by GoOrDin 3 years ago
GoOrDin
no. u can't promote anal and orals sex in school ever!
Posted by Domr 3 years ago
Domr
Schools who do this have no other excuse than being "homophobic". I don't fully understand the restrictions. But unfortunately schools can set their own guidelines for "couples tickets" to only be allowed to opposite-sex couples, and restrict the sale to same-sex couples.

I think its a barbaric way of thinking and agree it should be changed.
Posted by Shadow-Dragon 3 years ago
Shadow-Dragon
They can go together, just not as a couple.
Same thing with gay marriage. It's wrong, and no amount of liberal propaganda can change that.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
fearflores22LostintheEcho1498Tied
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
fearflores22LostintheEcho1498Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture