mandy_001
Rich1

school children should not able to bring phones to school

mandy_001

Con

school children should not be able to bring phones to school
Rich1

Pro

Please bring up some arguments for your statement.
mandy_001

Con

school children should be able to bring phones to school because
1. it is more convinient than searching for change in case of emergencies
2. it is more reliable than an office phone
3. it can be used as a calculator ,a notepad
Rich1

Pro

ok. I would like to point out that in the first round you claimed that "school children should not be able to bring phones to school" and in second round you claim that it is the best for school children.

I am not sure if i should argue for or against phones in school.
mandy_001

Con

i was stating the topic but please proceed to debate for the topic
Rich1

Pro

Ok. I am going to debate against phones in school, because you debate for.

Firstly, when you say school children then I am thinking of children from the age of 6 - 12.
Children in this age is still yet to learn what respect is and how to act and behave in school and other social places. If phones were allowed in school, then it would be misused by the students. Facebook and Twitter and what so ever is a curse for all, because it is hard to stay away from if we get a text or a like.

I do not see what a child would need a phone for in the middle of a class so i do can not see the point of bringing statement 2 up.

you say that: "3. it can be used as a calculator ,a notepad" There is a reason for us to have a calculator with us in school every day, so why not use it. And on the other hand, a calculator can do much more then a phone can.
mandy_001

Con

you said that school children are defined as 6-12 year olds but the maths level for a 6-12 year old is not on a level of difficulty that cannot be solved by a phone calculator.on a different note schools that allow phones are required to have filters that block certain social medias such as twitter and facebook and as for the statement "Children in this age is still yet to learn what respect is and how to act and behave in school and other social places" schools are suppose to teach these morals to children sine the age of 5 so i deem this statement unrelated.
Rich1

Pro

Truly respect takes many years to learn, some in my class haven't even learned it yet. So how should a 6- 12 year old know what truly respect is.

I believe that it would be difficult for young students to have their phone with them in school because it would only be a temptation.
Posted by mandy_001 2 years ago
mandy_001
Good game may the best debater win
Posted by RavenDebater 2 years ago
RavenDebater
Con just flipped his position. My that's a bit of a shady move