kiry.kong7
Lows16

school should abolish co-eduation

kiry.kong7

Con

why should school abolish
they should not,because co-education might help student to compete each other studying.
Lows16

Pro

Before we start this debate, I would just like to say that I am for co-education schools and I have attended them all through my schooling. However, for the sake of the argument, I will argue "Pro".

To start off the debate, I would like to look at Con"s argument. "co-education might help student to compete each other studying". Unfortunately, this argument has no relevance as students can compete while studying with the same gender OR the opposite gender. The level of competition between students would still be the same at an all-girls/all-boys school.

However, if you ask many parents if there is a difference between boys and girls, the answer will be "YES". Being so different, the two genders will learn in very different ways. If there were an education program suited to just the one gender, it would be more beneficial for those students rather than a education system made to fit everyone. To repeat, schools should be all-girls or all-boys because it allows for a better education program fit to each sex.
kiry.kong7

Con

kiry.kong7 forfeited this round.
Lows16

Pro

An article from the Wall Street Journal quotes the National Institution of Mental Health. The common idea that boys learn slower than girls is, in fact, false. Boys learn COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY from girls. Different areas of their brains develop at different times, so why should they be forced to all attend the same school with the same educational standards that do not cater both types of learning development?

To argue my point further, this sort of environment co-ed environment could be seen as a distraction for children. In high school, I was so worried about a boy that liked me that I watched one of my grades drop from an A to a C- right before my eyes. Though this is just an example, it brings up a good point: the distraction of learning in a co-education school. You may argue that in the work world, there will be distractions as well, but it would make sense to say that an adult has more composure and self-restraint than a child or even a teenager. Is it okay to be taught in an environment where distractions from the other sex can be found at every turn? Especially for teenagers, where the hormones are starting to affect the body and the mind simultaneously, an all-girls/all-boys school might allow students to better focus on the learning material instead of the "dating material".
kiry.kong7

Con

kiry.kong7 forfeited this round.
Lows16

Pro

As my opponent has not been able to make a point I can counter, I would like to finish off this debate by saying yes, co-education should be abolished. To go over my points again, co-ed schools are not as tailored to fit the different learning styles of each gender, and they encourage focus on the opposite sex rather than on the actual learning material.

Thank you to kiry.kong7 for such an interesting topic to discuss for my first debate!
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
The abolishing of it, I mean.
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
Or at all, for that matter.
Posted by TheDarkMuffin 3 years ago
TheDarkMuffin
Um, by co-education, are you talking about "the education of both males and females in the same institution?" I don't recall anything anywhere indicating that that would happen any time soon.