jessica_gayle24
tmar19652

school shouldnt give kids that long time of suspendsion for fighting

tmar19652

jessica_gayle24

Con

why school give student that much time off from school when they figth ain't the student missing out alot on school work?we talking about 10 days that a really long time for student to get caught up on there school work when everyday they get diffeernt and more works ! example alot the work they have to do for the time they are out of school add on to the work they hav e to do when the come back
tmar19652

Pro

Since you instigated the debate and are arguing against the status quo, you have the Burden of Proof to Prove your point.

Let me raise a hypothetical situation, Two kids get into a knife-fight and they both manage to stab each other. Do they really deserve less than 10 days of suspension. In fact these two kids could be put in jail for several years for their actions, so the suspension is warranted (1).

In fact, in all school fights, the instigator can be charged with assault, so yes, the long suspension is justifiable and warranted! I rest my case.

1. http://www.nyshumane.org...
jessica_gayle24

Con

jessica_gayle24 forfeited this round.
tmar19652

Pro

My opponent forfeited, extend all of my arguments.
jessica_gayle24

Con

jessica_gayle24 forfeited this round.
Posted by jessica_gayle24 4 years ago
jessica_gayle24
dont watch the grammar i know i make some mistake but at least yiou guy get my point and state of matter right ?
Posted by Mikaxx 4 years ago
Mikaxx
I honestly think that it depends on the individual circumstances of the fight, so I don't agree with either debaters.

Debater 1 has terrible grammar though.
Posted by tmar19652 4 years ago
tmar19652
I cant wait to address grammar and spelling.
Posted by YYW 4 years ago
YYW
I think this might be a unique case of noob-sniping though... a "special" kind, if you will.
Posted by tmar19652 4 years ago
tmar19652
I love noob sniping!
Posted by YYW 4 years ago
YYW
It would seem that you are arguing against the idea that schools should have long periods of suspension as a penalty for fighting, and yet you are on the CON side for a resolution that reads "school shouldnt give kids that long time of suspendsion for fighting" which would require you to argue in favor of those long periods of suspension. I'm guessing that was unintentional, so you might consider either rewording the resolution, or changing sides. A rule book of modern English grammar might be a worthwhile investment, also.
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 4 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
jessica_gayle24tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: At 1st I thought Morgan was a V.B. But after reading her RFD, I see she's totally right.
Vote Placed by morgan2252 4 years ago
morgan2252
jessica_gayle24tmar19652Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to pro because con forfeits. S&G to pro because con has difficulty with proper grammar, capitalizing his words, and puncuating his sentences. Arguments to pro because con does not meet BoP, and pro does a better job of defending his side of the argument. Sources to pro because he uses a source, as opposed to none.