kitty_cat_LOL
darkfan

school start time

darkfan has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

kitty_cat_LOL

Pro

I think that school start time is too early. i think this because some studies show that kids get better grades when they get more sleep. hope you guys vote well on this.
darkfan

Con

yes It might be true that if kids sleep longer learn more but if school starts later school ends later two which means kids learn less and then and up sleeping less because they were doing homework that they missed in class
kitty_cat_LOL

Pro

that might be true but do you want to have breakfast in the morning? and do you guys want more sleep time? i have to get up at 5:00am and i don't get a lot of sleep. i also have to rush to eat my breakfast.
Posted by kitty_cat_LOL 3 weeks ago
kitty_cat_LOL
ah

i have to rush to eat my breakfast in the morning and on Monday night i have to go to dance practice at 5:30 to 7:15. and my school ends at 3:30 so i have to rush to eat my dinner. sometimes i have art club....
Posted by KwLm 1 month ago
KwLm
compared to your debates @BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2, this is intellectual gold.

But on a serious notes, Kids these days complain too much about how things have been for years. Why is it, that the system worked for the grandparent, then the parents, the older siblings, but this generation simply can't do anything that the last generation can do, the term snowflake comes to mind with this debate.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 1 month ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
This debate makes no sense.
Posted by kitty_cat_LOL 1 month ago
kitty_cat_LOL
do you want better grades? do you want sleep? well then i say vote for me.

{ i know this sounds like a election, but who cares right?????}
Posted by Openthinker 1 month ago
Openthinker
The argument that school times are too early and students end up going to school sleep deprived, this has nothing to do with school timings and has everything to do with the choices that students make. Let's just imagine for arguments sake that times were made later, students would still face the same problem of being sleep-deprived because they would just simply sleep later. They would adjust to the time. The cause of sleep-deprivation is students staying up too late because of a lack of discipline and bad choices. Changing times won't change the nature of a student. Another important point already mentioned is practicality, changing times is just not very practical.
Posted by Astartes 1 month ago
Astartes
You also need to account for legislature dictating the amount of hours of school American youth need to attend. I believe this is somewhere around 35 hours a week or so, which logically is a seven hour school day for five days. Also, consider when parents get off work, school activities, and other events outside of school. I think you will find that the school day is pretty specifically tailored to meet a wide variety of parameters.
Posted by kitty_cat_LOL 1 month ago
kitty_cat_LOL
come on guys plz do this