Brony4life
RavenDebater

school uniforms should be banned

RavenDebater

Brony4life

Pro

I hate uniforms, I cant express myself at school so I believe they should be banned
RavenDebater

Con

Not having school uniforms takes away from the learning environment as a whole. As a guy I know this on a personal level. we all know of that one girl or guy across the room who dresses....liberally. In those hormone fueled years of a teenager the brain will be less likely to focus on, say biology, than on the before mentioned person. In order to promote a healthy learning environment it is critical that uniforms are issued in order to ensure that a greater amount of attention is focused on the learning environment, and not on another student.
The second reason that school uniforms should not be banned is that they nullify the cracks in between students. Especially in childhood, kids tend to separate into different groups based on shared interests. And while this is perfectly acceptable, the inevitable stereotyping that ensues is not. Appearance is often the first thing people see, so it is logically the first thing that people judge. All too often students go "I would never hang out with her, she's a Goth" because of appearance alone. School uniforms solve that. When everyone is dressed the same, students are forced to evaluate a student on their actions rather than their appearance. Without clique stereotypes a sense of unity can be achieved within a school.
A third reason why school uniforms are good is because it promotes order and gives a student a greater self esteem. When a student dresses in a professional and neat manner a student tends to be more focused in class. A student is more likely to be more attentive, as he/she would be less likely to be worrying about his/her appearance and more likely to be worrying about the class itself.
Overall school uniforms have too many benefits to be banned. And while they certainly shouldn't exist everywhere (Low income areas for example) a ban would have far more negative affects than positive.

http://school-uniforms.procon.org...

As an act of courtesy i have included a source that can be used by my opponent as well
Brony4life

Pro

Brony4life forfeited this round.
RavenDebater

Con

Pro has forfeited the round. I extend all of my points
Brony4life

Pro

Brony4life forfeited this round.
RavenDebater

Con

Vote Con by default, don't do drugs, and stay in school
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Brony4lifeRavenDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 1 year ago
Paleophyte
Brony4lifeRavenDebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited