kai11
Krieg01

school uniforms

Krieg01
Started: 8/28/2014 Category: Fashion

kai11

Con

if schools decide that students should have uniforms then they are the problem. students get bullied over their clothes sure but the teachers stop and report it. All over the United States of America students are being taught to express their individuality by teachers, not to follow the crowd, but now they are double talking meaning that they say one thing and then say the exact opposite the next. That is also called being a hypocrite. Anyone who agrees with the teachers is saying that students should be like little robots in the perfect world, but guess what its not a perfect world so get over it. Students are human beings that deserve to be able to express themselves. They have the same rights as others.
Krieg01

Pro

I would first like to thank Kai11 for challenging me to this debate.

School uniforms are a necessity in everyday life as, it helps people not to be classed by how good their clothes look, or if they are poor, rich etc. Nobody want's to be judged by how they look as it would be degrading to that person if they are then compared to one of the richest people in school.

Not having school uniforms would also create distrust among the students as they would all be split up into groups based on how much money they have and how 'good' they look, the school would basically be divided into sections. This would make it harder for teacher also as they would not be able to keep track of everything that is going on.

School uniforms also makes it easier for the school to keep track of it's students when you go on excursions, if you are all in different clothes it would make it harder for teachers to find out who are the students and who are the children walking past them on the road!

This is all I have time for at the moment!
kai11

Con

kai11 forfeited this round.
Krieg01

Pro

I will extend my arguments
kai11

Con

my opponent makes the claim that having identical clothes will help when people go out on excursions but my school uses high tech id badges so as to monitor where the students are and when they are there at all times.

my opponent also makes the case that the teacher will not know what is going on is a red herring or also known as a way to distract people. this thing with the teacher not knowing what is going on has nothing to do with uniforms but to do with that teacher should be fired for not paying attention to the students needs which by the way is their job.

Now on a more serious note bullying is a real thing that real people deal with. when people feel that they are being overwhelmed by everyday school life then get a parent or get an adult that you trust so that they can solve the problem.

another thing is you can talk to that person to solve the problem. it is not usually just because of what you are wearing or how you look it is usually a much deeper problem than that. that person may be dealing with serious emotional problems so telling an adult is usually the best thing.
Krieg01

Pro

Your school may use high tech ID badges but not every school does due to the amount of money that would be required to run a system like that in a public school with more than 1000 students, as this would make this system a whole lot harder to keep track of and run.

By all of the students having the same uniform on excursions the teacher is able to easily identify their students in a crowd rather than looking at a little red 'blot' on a tablet or device. And as for this "not paying attention to the students needs which by the way is their job.", this is just stupid as if your teacher have to look at their devices to keep track of you, that means all of your students can run off doing their own thing, which means your teacher is not paying attention to the students needs which by the way is their job.

"Now on a more serious note bullying is a real thing that real people deal with. when people feel that they are being overwhelmed by everyday school life then get a parent or get an adult that you trust so that they can solve the problem."

I agree that bullying is a big point but if you just have ID badges and no school unifrom, you are setting your students up to fail, as the poor kid would be bringing "cheap" clothes and the rich people would bully them and Ostracize them from the rest of the school. Think if you were that poor kid would you like to be in that position?

"another thing is you can talk to that person to solve the problem. it is not usually just because of what you are wearing or how you look it is usually a much deeper problem than that. that person may be dealing with serious emotional problems so telling an adult is usually the best thing."

This makes sense for Public school's maybe if they have school unifrom, as then it is more about how they feel towards you personally and then they are bringing emotions into it, but in cases of schools without Uniforms they pay you otu because of the way you look which then in turn show how much money your family has. This would make people more self-centered and they would grow up and think this is the way life is and they would be doing that to other people.

School unifroms also set people up for when they get jobs as being in a high end or a low end job most of them require there workers to wear specific unifroms which is what you learn when you are in school.

I would also like to thank Kai11 for this wonderful debate.
Posted by ruberkadoober 2 years ago
ruberkadoober
I have experience with both systems, having school uniforms is the superior choice by far
Posted by Krieg01 2 years ago
Krieg01
@Tanawsomeguy55, I live in Australia, so I am going off what I know from Australian schools as I am in a school myself, year 12 to be exact and I experience this a lot with all the younger kids trying to harass all the older students because our school uniforms as year 12's have our names on them, and they think that whoever is wearing them are just doing so to insult the other year levels.

You would think of year levels as grades.
Posted by Tanawsomeguy55 2 years ago
Tanawsomeguy55
As a student in school myself pro's arguments make no sense at al first the people wont care... At the two schools ive been two being around over 1000 kids all together only 1 per thousand has ever said anything mean and he just wants to be a tough guy plus what ever happend to freedom of expression (i assume we are talking about the american school system) it is there freedom if expression and i do believe that school uniforms are stupid. Finally talk to any kid in a public school they dont want them
Posted by shag-me-at-popsicle-stand 2 years ago
shag-me-at-popsicle-stand
I like cat girl uniforms my self but I understand there are alternatives out there but hey as long as I can see some awesome sh!t when they bend over Im cool with it
Posted by kai11 2 years ago
kai11
please give our debate some good feedback so that I can use it to make a better argumentation next time
Posted by Krieg01 2 years ago
Krieg01
@Bladerunner, I am fair sure I speak for both me and Kai here when I say that we could use some feedback on this debate and if you would be glad ot that it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :)
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
kai11Krieg01Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had the presumptive BoP here. He made a series of unsupported statements, that Pro responded to with a like series of unsupported assumptions. In the end, Pro addressed more rigorously the points that Con raised, and Con failed in their BoP. Arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.