tahsansamin
DethKnot

school unifroms should not be banned

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
01day23hours02minutes20seconds
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

tahsansamin

Pro

Uniforms are clothes given to students by the school to wear.However,some say that uniforms should be banned ,but I do not agree with this .They should be allowed.

Firstly,school uniforms creates unity and pride.All students will wear the same thing which will create a stronger team mentality.Imagine a place where everyone is from the same school but they do not feel unity.How would you feel being in that situation.
In addition to that they are a form of identification.Identification at sometimes can be very crucial.Let us say a kindergarten 2 child is lost but is wearing a uniform.People can identify which school that student comes from.Also school uniforms can save parents' money.Instead of having to buy clothes every now and then,parents can buy 2 sets of uniforms which will do for the children for up to 3 months.
Uniforms reduce bullying .One may bully another because of what clothes the other wears.School uniforms create equality.At school it doesn't matter which type of family one comes from.Everyone is equal.I think those who say they should be banned want to show off how rich they are and bully other people.If they want a school of only rich kids ,let them go and create their own school!So imagine being bullied for clothes.How would you feel?
Moreover ,research has shown that school uniforms increase focus on learning.If everyone is wearing uniforms ,all students will look at one another's clothing.
It is also said that school uniforms make schools a safe place.Did you know?In some non uniform schools students have been killing each other over expensive clothing.Imagine being in a school like that.Full of murderers,thugs,bullies and robbers!I don't know whether people who don't support uniforms understand safety.
It is a very true fact that school uniforms take out dress competitions.Am sure you will all agree to this.Students may argue with each other over who has the best clothes.Am sure most people don't like a competitive atmosphere.Especially clothes.
DethKnot

Con

School uniforms creates unity"
Proof? They also are pricey and many kids view it as a pain in the butt. I would know, we adopted uniforms in elementary school, 2nd grade. I remember solidly that the teacher gave an assignment to us to write a paper on our opinion based on an article about it. I was very against it as most students were. The unifying feeling does not have to come to uniforms. It's not like cliques don't exist because of they are used. I would feel just fine and I would know because again, in elementary school and middle school had uniforms. Still didn't make many friends. Bullying existed still. All it did was an another pain to think about when thinking of school.
"In addition to that they are a form of identification. Identification at sometimes can be very crucial let us say a kindergarten 2 child is lost but is wearing a uniform. People can identify which school that student comes from."
There are other solutions! And more comfortable too!
"Also school uniforms can save parents' money."
No! This was of one of the biggest complaints back when it was implemented in my elementary school years. Parents often already have clothing for summer and non school days and formerly for school as well! Now they have to spend more money and shopping time on uniforms. I am pretty sure many parents did not like having to put all the clothes they already had away and make space for more clothing only for school. Side note, guy from elementary school was not exactly the kindest dude happened to be one of the kids that had parents for uniforms. Uniforms reduce bullying? One may bully another because of what clothes the other wears. Ok? So teach students not to bully. On anything. Why should I have to wear matching clothing just to stop the bullying? I do not have enough characters to respond to the rest that you wrote, But I will try to in the next part
tahsansamin

Pro

Don't you get it?Let's say there's a soccer match and everyone is wearing the same thing.People will support their own team.While if they are wearing casual,some may go to an extent of supporting the other team.This makes them less proud of their school.I think you haven't researched enough on non-uniform schools.Students force their parents to buy new clothes every now and then to impress their friends which wastes money!It seems you don't know that there are different types of bullies.Some are clothing bullies.By the way I said it reduces bullying.I think you don't want to wear the same things as others are wearing because you are a show off.School is a place of equality.No matter what race you are from or what clothes you wear.Non uniform schools defy this rule.A lower class family's child may get bullied of what they wear.In addition to that safety is more important than comfort.I think you don't understand this.I also want to add another point.Uniforms increase expectations of student from themselves.They tend to behave better when dressed neatly.Also ,some students may break the school dress code and may end up wearing inappropriate clothes.Give me some ways in which students can be identified apart from uniforms.Uniforms have improved attendance .Poor children feel uncomfortable going to school because they will be mocked at!How would you feel being one of the poor children?School uniforms create pride.Children feel proud of themselves.By the way they also remove dress competitions or peer pressure.For your information,86 percent of the parents in US support uniforms.School uniforms reduce gang activity.For example,there might be a gang of blue.Students must wear blue.Moreover school uniforms are a source of protection.An intruder can be easily identified at a school where there is uniform.While in non-uniform schools,the intruder may disguise him or herself as a student.Also students may wear T shirts saying bad stuff.Like you are my slave .
DethKnot

Con

Dude. I literally went through your argument PIECE BY PIECE and debated it part by part. You STILL do not show ANY evidence for what you state. For all I and ANYBODY who sees this knows, you are LYING about everything. Now, I do not THINK you are, but you don't have ANY research from RELIABLE sources other than your own words. You NEED sources especially when you give SO MUCH data and stats! Here is the rest of the argument I never got to put WITH SOURCES:

School uniforms create equality.At school it doesn't matter which type of family one comes from.Everyone is equal.I think those who say they should be banned want to show off how rich they are and bully other people
Bullies exist despite uniforms. Ask anyone. Uniforms have NO guarantee.
"If they want a school of only rich kids ,let them go and create their own school!So imagine being bullied for clothes.How would you feel?"
1. Not only rich kids are bullies. Some schools don"t have any rich kids.
2. Again, teach not to bully about ANYTHING, not just clothing!
"Moreover ,research has shown that school uniforms increase focus on learning.If everyone is wearing uniforms ,all students will look at one another's clothing."
WHAT research. SHOW it. Here is mine:
https://www.theguardian.com...
https://www.newyorker.com...
http://www.spiked-online.com...
http://theconversation.com...
http://wh-magazine.com...
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca...
https://www.creditdonkey.com...
"It is also said that school uniforms make schools a safe place.Did you know?In some non uniform schools students have been killing each other over expensive clothing."
tahsansamin

Pro

I made a mistake. In a class where everyone is wearing non uniform students look at one another for who has the best clothing school-uniform it distracts the lesson!(Research has proven it)You still haven't mentioned other ways students can be identified By the way below are the websites I used to research.
http://www.summitacademyschools.org...
https://www.frenchtoast.com... info/more about school uniforms/benefits of school uniforms.do
Let me tell you something.Not wearing uniform exposes children's family background.I don't think children of lower class families would want to show others that they are poor.It has been proved.Moreover I said it reduces bullying.
I know bullying still exists in uniform schools.Some children don't want to be told to stop bullying.By the way,SOME students feel pressure to wear stylish clothes.While those in uniforms schools don't feel pressure!It also eases mornings .SOME students don't arrange what they are going to wear before they sleep.Instead they arrange them in the morning.Those type of students who study at non uniforms schools take quite a long time on deciding what to wear.IT IS VERY VERY TRUE!!!
DethKnot

Con

Again, EXTRA money has to be spent for said uniforms! Why not let a family have their kid wear what they ALREADY HAVE? If I had a kid and a school suddenly said uniforms are mandatory, I would be mad as hell as would others because NOW, MORE money has to be spent! You CAN make kids not bully. It IS possible. Have rules and discipline in place. It is that simple. Also, I am sorry, but your sources are awful. That was what seems to be an opinion of a random charter school. That has NO research backing ANY of what it stated. The second source is a shopping website for uniforms. I may as well send you THESE links.

https://www.tccd.edu...
http://www.hottopic.com...

One is a school website for a COLLEGE. Which when kids join, there is usually NO uniforms at all. The other is a clothes website. Do these prove ANYTHING to you? SO WHAT if a kid goes to school dressing like the family can't afford that good of clothing! Teach kids to STFU about it and accept it. Don't make it WORSE by telling this poor, tight budgeted family that they must make their budget TIGHTER because of uniforms! As for identification, nametags! Hats! Special shirts for the occasion! Bracelets! It isn't hard to come up with other ways. GET RID of the pressure to wear stylish clothing. Teach kids it's not worth it! It's all overrated BS. Eliminate the SOURCE of the problem! The source isn't what people wear, but rather peoples' attitudes. As for kids that arrange clothes before they sleep, now, like they will in college, they have a CHOICE of what to wear. And they can choose. If they are taught not to care or be picky about their clothing, then NO, it won't take that long.
Posted by DethKnot 4 days ago
DethKnot
Sure, but like I point out, do YOU want to be the one paying for the uniform? Cause many families can't exactly AFFORD it now can they? Isn't it a BIT easier to find casual clothes than dress code stuff? You are more than welcome to PAY for the uniforms that you like so much for EVERYONE in the school. If you want uniforms so bad for everyone, YOU pay for it. YOU do the shopping for it. Most people don't want it so then YOU pay for it. If not, then don't force it on people! I highly doubt you'd pay for uniforms for everyone in an entire school am I right? If you aren't the one paying for it and doing the work to look for a good pair for each family, then don't mention it. Hell, my little sisters school requires a uniform so YOU go to a store and find stuff for it instead of my parents and see how worth it it is. did YOU ever wear uniforms? Have YOU ever gone out and bought and shopped for them?
Posted by MRAAJ 4 days ago
MRAAJ
Most schools don't give a fuq about education, most teachers only care about getting paid, in comparison to the olden days when students respected school. Uniform brings in line with the ethos of the school, like a soldier in an army, nurse in a hospice etc.
Posted by DethKnot 1 week ago
DethKnot
Not necessarily. There are other ways to give out a "brand image" and form an identity. Isn't school meant care about EDUCATION more so than their "image"?
Posted by MRAAJ 1 week ago
MRAAJ
So are you pro or con? anyway uniforms are necessary to organisations, esp. schools, in order to form an identity and brand image,