sydney-smous
CookieMonster9

school years should be shorter

CookieMonster9

sydney-smous

Pro

I think schools should have much longer vacations, like, 3 weeks of free time or more added to the summer that we already have, and maybe 1 added to winter break.Yes, education is a great thing, but kids also should have more time with family, staying active, doing what they like to do. Summer also provides an opportunity to help out in the community, and interact with new people at summer camps. also, kids can be free from all of the stress of homework, and can enjoy being free. Myself, as a seventh grader, (13 years of age) want to have more time off, because, hey, who doesn't want to have fun? It seems like our summer is very short, and it comes and goes faster than a car on the highway. I hope you enjoyed my explanation, and also that you agree with me on the subject. bye
CookieMonster9

Con

I am Con against this argument. Since Pro did not clear terms I will.

school year; a 180 day year that usually covers beginning of fall to around the end of spring

Now that the terms are cleared up I will begin my arguments.

1) America learning discipline

When you say school year I am guessing you mean in America. America already is becoming the lazy country, so all we need is more days off. An average Chinese student your age (13; 7th grade) will be in school from 7am to 5pm. After that the student will most likely take after school classes to help them learn more. This is just an example for how other countries are starting to come up on America. If we let down the levels even more then America is going to fall behind.

1) http://hechingered.org...

2) Rebuttals

This is the time for me to look over your arguments and rebut them. My first rebut is when you said " Summer also provides an opportunity to help out in the community, and interact with new people at summer camps." Come on lets face it. There are the kids that go to summer camp, but most of the kids are playing video games and doing nothing during their time. I actually have a source on how many people play video games. It's not good, nearly 91% of kids play video games. If these kids are playing often during school then think of how much they play during the summer, and lots of those kids are playing violent video games, an even more of a reason not to go outside. Because trust me, I'm a 14 year old boy, if I get stuck on one of my violent video games I can be stuck on the game for a while. I'm kind of getting off topic but my point though is 91% of kids play video games, and lets face it. Even if a kid goes to a camp for a week. There's still 7 weeks of nothing, and if we extend that 8 weeks (only estimate) then those kids will have even more time to play games and do nothing. Also most people won't go on trips, which I had a feeling may be a rebuttal on your next round. For most people there isn't that kind of money to go on a trip, and even if they do have the money, they don't want to spend it on a trip.

2)http://www.healthline.com...

Wrapping up arguments

I just want you to know that since I am debating this it doesn't mean that I don't agree, I am a 14 year old boy I get what you are saying it would be nice, but I understand why we can only have 2 months, so just no hard feelings and I give my best to my opponent.
sydney-smous

Pro

sydney-smous forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Con

(Extended Arguments) and just for the viewers information when I said America learning discipline I meant how America is behind in education already.
sydney-smous

Pro

sydney-smous forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Con

(Extended Arguments)
sydney-smous

Pro

sydney-smous forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Con

(Extended Arguments)
sydney-smous

Pro

sydney-smous forfeited this round.
CookieMonster9

Con

Vote Con.
Posted by CookieMonster9 2 years ago
CookieMonster9
Exactly I couldn't find the right wording but that's exactly what I'm saying.
Posted by Jackson550 2 years ago
Jackson550
First of all I would like to say that the person suggesting it does not deserve to be on this website.. no jk

I do disagree though

Americans are already so far behind in education, you're basically saying hey guys let's make ALL Americans 30% Dumber DERP !!! :D
Posted by Proving_a_Negative 2 years ago
Proving_a_Negative
I want to nibble but then again I don't.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
sydney-smousCookieMonster9Tied
Vote Placed by Diqiucun_Cunmin 2 years ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
sydney-smousCookieMonster9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con as Pro forfeited. Con had a contention - competitiveness - which was left unaddressed by the end of the debate. He also successfully rebutted the summer camp/help out argument using the logic that they would only take a week, and the rest would be wasted in computer games and stuff. By contrast, there is a fatal weakness in Pro's argument: She failed to prove that the current summer is insufficient. She stated all the benefits of holidays, then goes on to assert that the summer goes too fast, without explaining why the current six weeks are not sufficient to achieve the goals she stated. Thus arguments go to Con.