RUNE_SCIMMY
vaclav

schools should not enforce healthy eating

RUNE_SCIMMY

Pro

schools should definatly not enforce healthy eating!!! it's the childs and parents job to make sure the kid doesn't end up as a fat blob
vaclav

Con

harry you are stupid and i am smart so sucked in
go fat food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUNE_SCIMMY

Pro

schools should not i repeat not be blamed for child overweightness and obesity cause i think it's the parents and kid's fault if they end up as a fat blob that can't run or jog or do ANY phyiscal activity. my opponet the dreaded vasek is a guy who has absoloutly no idea aboput what to do i think he's turning into a fat blob himself! so Vasek you might wanna start thinking about ur weight yourself not blaming your school and friends for your weight. Vasek you are still pretty fit but i was just saying that you don't blame your school!1 blame your self and maybe.. just maybe.. ur parents... oh and errr Vasek please please please do not kill me ok?? plz don't i wanna live!!!
vaclav

Con

schools should force healthy eating or we will get fat like john howard by the way did you know homer simpson is obese
RUNE_SCIMMY

Pro

oi vaclav that was not a very good comback or whever you call it. you have no idea about wat u r saying. i asked some other kids and they said they would HATE school if school enforced healthy eating. i think the kids are responsible for what they eat and if it's now the schools turn to take over what kids eat.. it's the end of the world( kind of anyway) would YOU yes i'm talking to YOU like it if your school or college or whatever you go to made you eat healthy? if the kid is fat then it the kids and parents fault if they are. i think that people blaming schools for making them or thier kid fat then it's a bad time to be living in
vaclav

Con

vaclav forfeited this round.
Posted by rshortman 8 years ago
rshortman
Isn't it interesting how parents slowly relinquish parenting power over to schools, teachers, counselors, coaches and social workers?

Enforcing healthy eating isn't a terrible idea but it makes the presumption that if they don't do it, no one will. Another reason I hate public schools. Parents really should be watching what their kids eat and whether they get enough exercise. It's not the school's responsibility.
Posted by SuperSexySmart 8 years ago
SuperSexySmart
Well... when the parents aren't around, the school teachers & aids are legally in charge... and i believe that before the child enters a new grade, he or shes parents have to sign a certain paper that has alot to do with school lunches... Im not really sure so dont take that last comment real seriuos
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
LOL "I was talking to the debate" I guess I am thinking poorly in my old age...just imagine how old Xera/mother thingy must be if that's the case with me....
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Xera/mother, I was talking to the debate, so basically if school lunches are "healthy", that means home meals are supposed to = unhealthy, because, I have been to schools (well okay just one) that makes the food, and it all tastes REALLY good. Then again the do fry the chicken, give out chocolate cakes, and let you have as much ketchup/mustard/maynase that you want, as long as there is enough in the big bottle. It also cost everbody over $4.00 every day. But you can have as much food from he previous day (including the cake) as you want, for free, everyday, as long as there is enough. Oddly enough, that food felt healthier than nasy Idabel school food. A question here may be "Is that chicken, or a sloppy Joe?" a question there may be "Why do they call it super nachoes?" or perhaps "Can I borrow a quarter for a milckshake? If you want, I can get you a spoon and we can share." Some things there weren't messed up, well okay just the lunch. The cost was WAY too much...
Posted by gahbage 8 years ago
gahbage
They taste bad too... >.<

No, grammar check - YOU'RE WRONG!
Posted by Xera 8 years ago
Xera
IAR, I hate to tell you but school food is horribly unhealthy. Most of what I make at home is healthier than what schools give you. School food is by and large, fattier, breadier, and contains more added sugar than those 'unhealthy' lunches you mentioned. The fact that they are so bad for you while at the same time tasting HORRIBLE is the real problem.

There is no reason schools can not provide a healthy, tasty, cost efficient lunch to students, and if they refuse to do so then all school campuses should be open to allow students to go get a good healthy and satisfying hot lunch.
Posted by Katie01 8 years ago
Katie01
Vaclav has one of the funnies icons though - and names :)
Posted by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
Hey, not only do I agree withpro, but con is "a fat blob" that doesn't apparently know how to debate.

Points and reasoning for agreeing with pro:

1) Schools (nor any body else) can really force what goes in another person's mouth, except force-feeding, which if the schools did, they would prolly get sued.
2) If all they serve (and they do now btw) is healthy food, it will taste worse, I know hard to believe, but trust me it does, so the kids will NOT eat them.

So by the above reasonings I believe, that "forcing" healthy foods in school, the children will not eat, so they still wont get all the vegtables/fruit (the meat is mostly tofu, so I doubt it can count as meat), thus the kids will either bring lunch from home, which is most likely not healthy such as:
A sandwithch
A banana/apple/grapes,etc.
Some chips
Something chocolate.

Or they will not eat, which causes kids to skip a meal, (trust me I do it every day, since school let out I have gained 15 pounds...)
which is an UNHEALTHY way for kids to loose weight. Thus, by schools being far grosser or "Healthier", they are actually causing most kids to loose weight in a worse way.

I have also brought the above lunch to school every day for a week, after (not) eating school lunch. I gained 3 pounds.
Thus by schools enforcing healthy eating, they are making kids more unhealthy. Thus defeating their own purpose.

I may start a debate about this...

lol, my security code is: xgay btw, if any1 is interested...
Posted by Xera 8 years ago
Xera
Please stop with the huge .......... lines, they are not necessary and screw up the web browser when I open the debate. It is very hard to read like this. From what I can read without straining my eyes overly neither one of you presented any kind of decent debate.

If you want to do a good job then
1. find out some statistics
2. find out who gets hurt and how badly
3. find out who gets helped and how much
4. use proper English.
Posted by gahbage 8 years ago
gahbage
Woah, I thought that was me for a minute, then I remembered i changed my photo...lol
Vote Placed by Labrat228 8 years ago
Labrat228
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied
Vote Placed by Justin77 8 years ago
Justin77
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied
Vote Placed by jurist24 8 years ago
jurist24
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied
Vote Placed by tyger2057 8 years ago
tyger2057
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied
Vote Placed by Xera 8 years ago
Xera
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied
Vote Placed by Katie01 8 years ago
Katie01
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied
Vote Placed by Im_always_right 8 years ago
Im_always_right
RUNE_SCIMMYvaclavTied