johndavid
Frostbitte99

schools

Frostbitte99

johndavid

Pro

should school days be shorter
Frostbitte99

Con

There are many reasons why having shorter school days would not be beneficial to children and the nation in general. This is why I am in firm negation against the statement that, " School days should be shorter"

My first reason for believing this is that by shortening school days, it would be limiting to the amount of education given to students. This would not only be bad for the future in general, but the economy is already suffering. If anything we should be empowering education, not limiting it. We need people who know what they are doing, because they have learned it. Classrooms are already suffering enough. Larger classes are limiting the amount of one on one attention that a student receives for learning.

Secondly, tax payers pay money that goes towards education. They pay those taxes for this purpose, to ensure that students are receiving a well rounded form of education. Funding for schools is low enough. There should be more money put towards education. When tax payers pay money to go towards something they want to hope that it will be going to good use. Limiting the education time would not do the tax payers money any justice.

Last, students in school are the future of this country, and the world in general. They need to be taught how to run it, because not everybody can stand behind a cash register and expect the economy to be fine. We need students to learn and to take this information that we are providing for them, and to take the places of the leaders of this nation. Limiting the amount of time given for students to learn would damage the society in the future. Sure students may not enjoy school now, but whether they like it or not they will be in charge of the world. We should be doing everything that we can to ensure that they are ready, we are ready, to take the places of the people that are in charge now.

I am not saying that I love school, but I have a hard time sitting here thinking that someone does not understand how important school is to the world. This generation, is going to have a responsibility to solve the problems of previous generations, and we should be taking all of this information that we get, and we should put it to effective use when it comes our time to take responsibility. I personally hope that you have some GOOD contentions, because, I can not think of three benefits of reducing the time that is spent in school.

Thank You
Frostbitte99
johndavid

Pro

johndavid forfeited this round.
Frostbitte99

Con

Frostbitte99 forfeited this round.
johndavid

Pro

johndavid forfeited this round.
Frostbitte99

Con

Frostbitte99 forfeited this round.
johndavid

Pro

johndavid forfeited this round.
Frostbitte99

Con

I apologize for my absence these last few rounds. I have not been as active on here, but I hope to change that.

My opponent has not brought fourth any new information for me to act upon, and thus I do not feel that it wold be right for me to attack any longer
johndavid

Pro

johndavid forfeited this round.
Frostbitte99

Con

johndavid has not become present in this debate. I stand in firm negation to the resolved, and I am sticking to my earlier statements. Thank you for a nice debate, johndavid.
Vote Placed by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
johndavidFrostbitte99Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had arguments.