Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is temperature from concentrated light rays limited by their frequency?

pashute

There is an argument on halfbakery.com Second Law of Thermodynamics Temporal Violatorhttp://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Second_20Law_20of_20Thermodynamics_20Temporal_20Violator#1378325321 about the reason for a temperature limit from sunrays.The argument is between WcW who advocates the view that: temperature from concentrated light rays is limited by the rays' frequency and that o...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 38 Minutes Ago

The Big Bang theory is true and accurate

chewster911

Now, i want to have a rational debate about the Big Bang theory. I will argue that the Big Bang happened nearly 14 billion years ago. I don't want an argument about deities that supposedly created the universe or other irrelevant arguments to the topic. I want this to be a science debate. Burden of proof is shared,but it will mostly be on me. 1st round is acceptance 2nd round will be for opening statements and arguments 3rd round will be for rebuttals and cross-examinations 4th round will...

Challenge Period
40 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

canada

jo_shan
TMRarmy

it isnt real...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Earth is indeed 4.5 billion years old, not 6000 years old.

CoolPeppers12
accumulationofam

The age of Earth is around 4.5 billions years old. However, many people think Earth is not simply because of what Genesis says. Genesis doesn't give EXACT dates as to how old Earth is. It just says that Earth was created in 7 days and other stuff too. When it says 7 days, it doesn't mean specifically 7 days of a duration of 24 hours of one day. It says nowhere about that. Scientists have also proven Earths estimated age by carbon dating and radiometric dating. Earth is not 6000 years old...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

Is the Big Bang Theory Possible?

TheMaster_Debator
Elijahhill97

The Big Bang theory is not possible. Here is how the Big Bang is often presented: Somewhere between 18 and 20 billion years ago, all of the matter in the universe was compressed into a tiny space no larger than the dot on a page. This dot spun faster and faster until it exploded, thus creating the Universe and everything in it. That's right, apparently all the matter was condensed into something the size of a crumb, which exploded and created our whole universe. The Sun, Moon, planet...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Most of the Human Genome is useless junk

joepalcsak
Mhykiel

First round is acceptance only. No new arguments in the final round...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution: Gaps + Gaps

Musibrique
9spaceking

Evolution, despite what others claim, is not a scientific theory. A scientific theory is nothing but a hypothesis that has been widely supported by experimental evidence from independent researchers. Evolution, on the other hand, does not satisfy this statement. Now before I proceed, I will let my Con make his case: You must: (a) oppose my argument (b) no copying/pasting or trolling (c) provide reasons/evidence to the table Good luck....

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Evolution is a fact

nonprophet
creationtruth

First round is for acceptance onlyNo adding new arguments in later rounds No word games. No playing with semantics. No vague definition of words. If you use a word that can have several meanings, make it clear what you actually mean. A fact is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check...

Voting Period
21 Comments
Updated 12 Hours Ago

Abiogenesis

Sswdwm
creationtruth

This debate is impossible to accept. Message in comments if you are interested in participating. I am Pro Abiogenesis. I am looking for an opponent somewhat knowledgeable in science and would rather not have a pure philosophical/theological discussion, even if there are such motivations. 8,000 characters. Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Opening arguments, Con may rebut me Round 3: Rebuttals/Arguments Round 4: Rebuttals/Conclusions - No new arguments/brand new rebuttals That is all...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

THBT science is represented fairly in the media

alexmiller887
vintinthethird

My opponent will begin in the next round, and in the last round s/he will type 'No round as agreed upon' Thank you....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago