Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

any cause is caused by another cause

vi_spex

a cause that didn't cause anything, isn't a cause, therefore a first cause would be caused by a cause that isn't a cause, but any cause is caused by another cause, so a first cause is impossible...

Challenge Period
22 Comments
Updated 13 Hours Ago

any equation can never end on 0 unless its false

vi_spex
JustAnAtheist

0 is false...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

vi_spex
Commondebator

0 is false...

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

future exist, and future is always false as by definition future is ahead of now

vi_spex
Kirraz

the future and past is information, and my imagination only happens now matter being real, the only distance that MATTERS is what's reachable by my physical body, not by my imagination future=false(belief) now=true(know) past=truth(knowledge)...

Debating Period
20 Comments
Updated 2 Minutes Ago

morality is subjective..

vi_spex
Mike_10-4

morality is subjective... or else we would all have the same morals, like no one disagrees that a coca cola label is red......

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

In Light of Modern Science, God Is More Likely to Exist

IEnglishman
MrJosh

I believe the knowledge that modern science has given us increases the likelihood that a God exists.DefinitionsGod- the supernatural, powerful creator of the universe First round is acceptance only....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

I Propose A More Logical Theoretical Cosmological Model Of The Macro Universe

Pywakit
Kirraz

The search for viable, reasonable, and logical solutions to the problems inherent in the Standard Cosmological Model (Big Bang, Lamda Cold Dark Matter with Inflation) has spawned a menagerie of theories over the last half a century. While mathematically supported, they are all fantastically implausible theories. And as of a year ago, in serious trouble as the strong ones all relied on SUSY. In just the last several years, a number of astronomical observa...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Is the "Big bang" true?

Leo.Messi
400spartans

The Big Bang is not TRUE. It is unreasonable-as I will argue in this debate. I will define our terms: The Big Bang: The model postulates that at some moment all of space was contained in a single point from which the universe has been expanding ever s...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Global Warming is Man-Made

16kadams
RoyLatham

==Clarification== I will be arguing that mankind IS the cause of global warming, my opponent will be arguing that mankind is NOT the main driver of modern climate change. My opponent, therefore, is arguing that the theory of anthropogenic climate change is incorrect. This is pretty straightforward. Abbreviations which might be used: AGW -- Anthropogenic global warming CR -- cosmic ray[s] TSI -- Total solar irradiation MWP -- Medieval Warm Period SSN -- Sun spot number PDO --...

Debating Period
33 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution (Pro) vs Creationism (Con)

hayhen13
Mags2

First round will be acceptance, to make it fair. Forfeiting will be an automatic loss. Anyone who wants to seriously defend creationism (Christian Bible) should accept this debate. Good luck!...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago