Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Animal Rights

FourTrouble

I'm playing devil's advocate. Apply in the comments....

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Mandatory Vaccinations

UsernameAvailable
NDECD1441

Vaccines should be mandatory....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

GMOs

alanalachance
kevster123

I want voting privileges on this website so somebody please debate me on the topic of GMOs! I would love for a Con to maybe present ideas I hadn't previously thought of or even make me reconsider my point of view. Here are only 3 arguments (for the sake of brevity), which I believe stem from science, empirical evidence, and logic. I can provide more sources for each point if Con wants. 1. GMOs have been proven by numerous independently-funded, long-running studies to be relatively safe....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Aliens Exist

JWALL2
TheDragon5

Im Right Your Wrong. Do you think Star Trek is just made up?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Cloning

TheLegend_13
Jonbonbon

Since the art of cloning has not been mastered yet their is a big chance something can go wrong. Example "Dolly the sheep" started with deaths of numerous newborns One dolly came into being from 277 fused eggs, which itself indicates the grim success rate of the cloning process. It humans try it can come with uncontrollable results such as abnormal development, genetic damage, malformation and diseases in the clone We want to clone humans because we think they will live longer but the clones...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolutionism vs Creationism

Israel.Hadden
ProffesorSavage

Through an amazing amount of evidence including astrology, archeology, biology, philosophy, and historical studies, I have found Creationism to be the only plausible answer for the beginning and purpose for life. Not only any Creator however, but the Creator that is clearly outlined in the Bible. I have found it true that Jesus was the son of God, did many miracles, and rose again. I would prefer an Atheist with many counter arguments to be involved in this debate....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

IOT and Privacy

Emil-soerup
Coveny

Join in with you position...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

NASA should develop a hybrid Startram system to save fuel

Coveny

It currently takes NASA over 3 million lbs of fuel to get the space shuttle into space. A hybrid open air maglev system releasing the shuttle going 300 mph at the top of Mount Elbert (23,533 ft above sea level) could provide initial thrust and reduce the amount of fuel used per flight dramatically, from 0 mph release at sea level that is currently in use. The cost to build the hybrid system would be a significantly lower capital expense than a full startram system. (even if the cost per launch w...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Whole Body Transplants for Life Extension: Too Yucky?

alderon67
Sonofcharl

I love the idea of extending life through a whole body transplant/brain transplant, but some people simply think it is too yucky. If we are going to die any way, then why not? (We'll pretend for the debate that science has achieved the ability to grow a whole body in a lab (minus a brain) so you wouldn't use the body of someone who has died.)...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

matter displaces space

robnol1234
thatNerd

matter displaces space,.displace enough space and all space is displaced creating a black hole...a vaccum free of all space... in our universe just not in our space anymore .. its not the volume that displaces space but the density of the object.......

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago