Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!

Ajabi

Resolved: This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!Debate Details: I wanted to debate this topic ever since I saw Sargon's debate (http://www.debate.org/debates/A-Neo-Lorentzian-Ether-Exists/1/) on this topic. He recommended me some boo...

Challenge Period
16 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Global Warming Exists

Atheist-Independent
lannan13

Round 1This debate is about global warming, and whether or not is a real phenomenon. I will take the Pro side of the premise that global warming is real and that it is a result of human beings.

Debating Period
17 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Genetic Engineering in Agriculture

DanK
WhoIsToSayWhatIsRight

I am pro GMO in this argument as I believe it to be a safe and effective method to address many problems including, reducing the amount of pesticides are used in agriculture, increasing yield and decreasing costs, combating global warming and diseases that attack the crop. This is a 4 round debate, the opening round is for acceptance and a short statement on your position(optional). Please only accept if you are going to dedicate to this debate. Cite all sources, be prepared to define terms,...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 6 Minutes Ago

Evolution is not the best scientific model for the origin of species

Jellon
Mike_10-4

Definitions: -Evolution: the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth. -Scientific Model: a physical, conceptual, or mathematical representation of a real phenomenon that may be used to explain and predict the behaviour of real objects or systems and are used in a variety of scientific disciplines, ranging from physics and chemistry to ecology and the Earth sciences. (http://www.brita...

Debating Period
27 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

The Hypothesis of Universal Common Ancestry Is Falsified

GarretKadeDupre
ChristianPunk

I will be arguing that the hypothesis of Universal Common Ancestry (UCA) is falsified. According to the journal Nature, UCA posits that all extant terrestrial organisms share a common genetic heritage, each being the genealogical descendant of a single species from the distant past.(1) However, I am defining UCA as the hypothesis that all known organisms, both living and extinct, terrestrial and n...

Voting Period
8 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Is evolution more reliable than creationism?

ignoramusslapper
CheetoGo

Evolution is clearly more reliable than creationism. In fact, we have observed evolution: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gene-genesis-scientists/. In this article, you will find that genes have been observed to evolve from mutated ones. Creationism, on the other hand, has no evidence at all. Creationists rely on taking the few holes in the theory of evolution, and acting like that is proof of god. This is just not correct. While there is no way to prove there is no god, there is no wa...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Whale Evolution in the Fossil Record

bacdac1
creationtruth

I have never done this before, so I will simply introduce my argument The evolution of whales and dolphins (cetaceans) is represented in the fossil record by a great series of fossil intermediate (otherwise known as transitional forms/fossils) including Pakicetus, Ambulocetus, Remingtonocetus, etc. The definition of transitional form: A transitional form is a life form that has traits characteristic of one taxa, traits characteristic of another taxa and/or traits intermediate between t...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Cows Are Evil

Uberdragon
CowsAgainstHumanity

Hello, and welcome to the the debate over whether or not cows are evil. Uberdragon (me) is representing the pro side, while CowsAgainstHumanity (my good friend) is representing the con side. Before I begin may I say good luck to both of us. To begin, I hereby proclaim that all cow bovine things are super evil. Have you ever noticed that your cows are secretly plotting against you? Yes, they are! Your favorite milk creating four legged farm toy wants to shoot you and then rape your sexy wife...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Are there Rabbits on the moon?

AimeeGleek17
morrisnj

Accept or not...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution

funnycn
goalex

I believe evolution is true. Con must prove evolution is not true or is mostly false.This is a debate about evolution. If you choose to accept, follow these rulesi. First round is acceptance.ii. If you use the bible as a source, you must have another source to back up the claim. You may NOT use two bible sources. If you igno...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago