Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

This house will ban animal testing

brianjustin3709
cathaystewie

Hello today we have 3 rounds.1. Acceptance/ Introduction2. Body3. ConclusionRulesFlaking= LoseTroll= LoseForfeit= Lose Status Quo: Medical research is the hardest case for proposition in this debate to prove, since it has previously yielded substantial benefits for humanity , while contemporary animal research continues to contribute demonstrably to the speed and efficiency with which new scientific break throughs ar...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

Global Warming has not accelerated the Water Cycle in the last 115 years

medv4380
Subutai

Resolution: Global Warming has not accelerated the Water Cycle in the last 115 years. Definitions Global Warming - A process of climate change frequently associated with the warming of the environment due to man made pollution. 115 Years - For statistical limitations to be 1900 to 2014 and early 2015 Accelerating the water cycle - A sustained increase in water evaporation, or precipitation beyond the first 30 years of the 115 year range, or 1900 to 1930. Rules: Round 1: Acceptanc...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

GMOs are Safe and should NOT be Labeled

davidpneff

Please note that I have made this debate impossible to accept. If you wish to accept, please comment. If you find a way to accept this debate without first confirming with me, then you will automatically lose the debate. There are two parts to this debate: 1) That GM...

Challenge Period
13 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Atomic Bombs Are Real

TheTroof
Subutai

My opponent will explain the theoretical basis for atomic bombs in the first round. If I decide he isn't a troll, I will try to prove his theory is false. I will do so by showing it's either internally inconsistent or contradicts an empirical law of physics.Good luck. Keep in mind this a purely theoretical debate....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

India is a global space power

JAbz.99
prefdave

First Round is 4 acceptance..Please Limit your arguments to points and main details...Fed up of typing..JAbz.99...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

This House Would Ban Sex-Reassignment Surgery!

Ajabi
whiteflame

You know the deal...<> EDIT: This debate has been accepted by whiteflame (a.k.a Marc, a.k.a Person who beat me before). The debate resolution is simple enough: I will argue for the ban of sex-reassignment surgery (the...

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Ajabi
FourTrouble

You know the deal...<> EDIT: This debate has been accepted by FourTrouble (a.k.a FT)The debate resolution is simple enough: I will argue for the ban of sex-reassignment surgery (the process of changing a patient's sex...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Evolution is false.

Gogert777
ax123man

1st round is acceptance. 2nt round is also acceptance. Just kidding, its arguments. 3rd round is arguments. 4th is more arguments. I'm this guy. https://youtu.be/yNwz2idEtu0?t=1m16s...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Sea lions are seals

Death23
brianjustin3709

The topic should be self explanatory.Rules:First round: Acceptance only.Final round: Rebuttals only. No new arguments.

Voting Period
9 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Evolution is one the biggest contemporary fairy-tales of all time.

Ramatamn
Boesball

Science use to be the search for truth. Now science is used as a tool to create a truth it wants. Before the article was pulled due to pressure of the powers that be, Time Magazine wrote about evolution this way, " Evolution is like watching a movie with 999 out of a 1000 frames missing". If Evolution were true, there would billions upon billions of fossils showing the slow progression....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago