Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Do Aliens Exist

sopeisinthecat
FreedomBeforeEquality

I believe that aliens do exist because there are so many people with almost the exact same stories....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Do Aliens Exist

sopeisinthecat
RevNge

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago

We cant imagine "aliens" as long as there is no clue.

Lukas8
akhlakm

The first round is only to accept the debate. This debate can also go a bit of topic, if needed. I would like to say that its unpredictable how aliens look like and why aliens wouldn't do "invasions, attack, parasitizing..." My opponent should explain why he/she believes that we are related to them, that they are invading us or any other "ET" topic in this way....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

The Earth orbits the Sun

yoshidino
Rubikx

Early scientists once held the geocentric position that the Sun orbited the earth. Later, Darwin introduced the heliocentric model, Earth rotating the sun. This model was excepted and the other discarded and thought prehistoric and pretty much as stupid as the Earth being flat. My question: What PROOF do you have to confirm the heliocentric model? Because I have proof that completely debunks it. And please mention the pendulum....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

No Facts for Evolution

NaturalFlavors
Bubbagump282

I do not believe that there is any scientific proof for evolution, I would like Con to prove otherwise....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Evolution is a religion, not a science

NaturalFlavors
RyddianDynia

I believe that even though Evolution is presented as a science, and taught in public schools today as that, it is actually a religion. Starting at the beginning of Evolution this is list of reasons that I believe supports my case, and my opponent will be arguing against. 1. "The big bang theory states that at some time in the distant past there was nothing. A process known as vacuum fluctuation created what astrophysicists call a singularity. From that singularity, which was about the size of...

Voting Period
18 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Does the universe include everything (pro), or does something outside the universe exist (con)?

consulting_doc
AbandonedSpring

Edwin Hubble (1929) discovered that the universe is expanding. The universe cannot create space in which to expand into therefore it should be finite , but it isn't. So that leaves me with a question... How can the universe expand into something that does not exist? by the way... i will be checking for plagiarism in your work. If you copy and paste from any website your argument is automatically invalid...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Are driverless cars trustable on roads?

lolpas
savannah1006

The technology behind driverless cars is rapidly becoming more and more prevalent. Google, Audi, and countless other companies are all nearing completion of their own models in a scientific arms race. Many people are concerned that without drivers, cars would be unpredictable, and since they are susceptible to hacking, malfunctions, etc., this would pose a major threat to other cars on the road. However, I do not view this as a legitimate issue. I would like to remind everyone that at the mo...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The NHS should not treat those with self inflicted illnesses

cilla_e
monethys

Should the NHS use up valuable resources to treat self inflicted illness? by self inflicted i mean those that are obese or have lung cancer due to excessive smoking or may have liver cirrhosis due to alcholism. these people have been warned according to the government that their lifestyle will lead to bad consequences yet they still continue with this poor lifestyle and expect treatment when things go haywire. however there are people out there whose illesses are not of their fault wh...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

E.T. Exists!!!

mightbenihilism
Atmas

My contention is that it is probable that there are no intelligent beings in the universe except on earth. It is so probable, in fact, that I will say "E.T. does not exist", provided this claim be taken as "there is no evidence E.T. exists, and E.T. is not likely to exist, either. My argument will be divided into two sections. The first of which is to silence the conspiracy nuts. The Pro need not respond to it, unless they want to it. It is merely to set the scene. The second section is my ac...

Debating Period
19 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago