Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

This site is addictive, in different ways to differnt folks.

Max.Wallace
Burls

Obviously it is, to some, but most run away....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Bipolar vs Unipolar. A unique argument of unfactoids.

Max.Wallace

Science tells us if you are Bipolar, you have a problem, a medical one that only those with the big brains of Unipolarism can diagnose. I would suggest that if you do not get mad or sad at anything then you are unipolar. I have not been diagnosed, by capitalist or communists. I know myself. What is your self diagnosis? A) Not bipolar? B) Unipolar? C) Undecided? D) none of the above? Lets have a verbal skirmish. The truth in my mind is that Unipolar people, those with all...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Math Debate #1

RevL8ion
stylishBOY

The title's pretty self-explanatory. Because I'm a whole lot better at mathematics than debating, and there's really nothing math-related here, I'd like to start perhaps the first math debate in all of DDO. Here are the rules.Oh wait, first, I'd like to tell you to do something: Hold your tongue with your fingers and say "I like to math debate." If you know what I mean...anyway:The first round is always acceptance only...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

evolution is noticably weak when it comes to the origin of life.

cheyennebodie
Elijahhill97

I have yet heard any one from the anti-creation side give a plausible account of the origin of life. This will be an open debate for all ....

Voting Period
25 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!

Ajabi

Resolved: This House Believes That Reason Favors That A Neo-Lorentzian Aether Exists!Debate Details: I wanted to debate this topic ever since I saw Sargon's debate (http://www.debate.org/debates/A-Neo-Lorentzian-Ether-Exists/1/) on this topic. He recommended me some boo...

Challenge Period
15 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Evolution is most likely true

MyWoodenHeart
BecauseCheetahs

This round is stricly for acceptance. I believe that evolution is most likely true....

Debating Period
18 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

The necessity of detoxing.

DanK
intellectuallyprimitive

Claims regarding the need to rid your body of toxins are found in nearly every corner of the internet, as well as other media sources and many natural healers. Generally the claim is something to the effect of this; Your body builds up and stores toxins, and they are potentially harmful less they be flushed out. While some may see this as a good health practice, I remain unconvinced that this is anything more than snake oil. If you believe you can convince me otherwise, and do so in a civilize...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

All CO2 emissions should cease immediatley, to save the planet.

Max.Wallace
Ozzyhead

CO2 is killing the planet, all breathing things, except those that know this, should stop or do less of it right now, to save the planet for those that know this. That is the global warmists, (er,... climate changologists?) status quo, and you will better off if you are one of they, for reasons of self esteem, the greatest drug ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Evolution

Nathan.apologetics
jh1234lnew

The belief in evolution is a remarkable phenomenon. It is a hypothesis that is defended by the scientific community with a fiery passion, despite macro-evolution's (evolution from one distinct kind of organism into another) contradictions with several key scientific Laws. The origins, insufficiency of substantial evidence and the inconsistencies of evolutionary dogma will be outlined in this debate. Evolution is a hypothesis that contradicts physics,biology,the fossil record and common sense....

Debating Period
20 Comments
Updated 33 Minutes Ago

Should Animals Be Used for Scientific or Commercial Testing?

Animalana
a_mysterious_stranger

Animal testing should not be used. For one, scientists still test it on humans anyways. Two, animals have a different anatomy when compared to humans, causing their result to be different from that of a human. Animal testing is cruelty to animals, yet scientists get away with it. The Animal Welfare Act allows animals to be burned, shocked, poisoned, isolated, starved, forcibly restrained, addicted to drugs, and brain-damaged. No experiment is prohibited, and painkillers aren't required. Even if...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago