Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Why gender is a social construct

White_Power
Throwback

gender is a social construct cuse we are told when we are first born by a dude what gender but if he didnt tell us that we woudnt have a gender its only cuse he told us that gender that we are that gender i myself am an Androgenic masculine female attracted hermophro female and i am standing up against sexism and male patrechy...

Debating Period
14 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Man is not responsible for the recent warming trends

epidexipteryx
MysteriumRevelatum

Outline: R1: Acceptance R2: Arguments (no rebuttals) R3: Rebuttals (no new arguments, you can strengthen your argument) I am debating that man is not the cause of recent significant warming. I am not arguing that the world isn't warming. Also, please don't cite any consensus or use the argument that "97% of scientists agree" because I don't care what other scientists think. This is a debate between you and me, not me and the random scientist you are citing. If you have any questions...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 23 Hours Ago

Why the Future is Safe

unicornlogic
PowerPikachu21

I'm here because I need points for this topic, please help me come up with points, I only have Evolution and Space Exploration. If you can help on expanding on these points or making them, then please help me. I know most people won't help but if you can, it would be nice. Thank you!...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

a fly robbed the bank

vi_spex
unicornlogic

it has unnatural powers...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Earth is spherical and the Flat Earth hypothesis is false

Zaephou
humperdink

It is a widely accepted fact that the Earth, and all planetary objects are spherical (even though they may not be perfect spheres), and yet Flat Earth believers insist that the Earth is a flat cuboid travelling through space with a Sun and moon with a diameter of 32 km above it and provides absolutely no evidence for their ridiculous claims while disregarding the countless amounts of evidence we have for a spherical Earth as government lies. Flat Earth believers simply reject evidence such as...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Vaccines cause autism.

ProVaxxer
LizardPeopleVape

(Disclaimer: Based on my name, I'm am a Pro-Vaccinate. Just for clarification, I sided with the Affirmative because these arguments are what I think are the strongest arguments against vaccines and I wanted to do an experiment to strengthen what I'm actually siding with) According to the scientific consensus, many peer reviewed studies have found no correlation between vaccines and autism. Plus, there are no other studies that say the opposite. However, this statement is just an oversimplific...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Earth revolves around the sun.

Stupidape
Bored_Debater

The Earth revolves around the sun. I thought this was common knowledge but apparently not. [0][1][2] R1 Acceptance R2-3 Arguments and rebuttals R4 no new arguments. 0. http://english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2015/02/16/Saudi-cleric-Sun-revolves-around-stationary-Earth.html 1. http://time.com/7809/1-in-4-americans-thinks-sun-orbits-earth/ 2. http://evolutionwiki.org/wiki/Bible_says_the_sun_goes_around_the_earth...

Voting Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

THBT space exploration should be pursued by private companies rather than governments.

warren42
missmozart

This debate is part of the first round of The DDO Olympics Team Debate Tournament, sponsored by Bsh1. I will be working with my partner, TN05, against missmozart and her partner, Biodome. Therefore, neither Biodome nor TN05 are eligible to vote. The full text of the resolution is as follows: "This house believes that space exploration should be pursued by private companies rather than governments."Structure: Round 1: Acceptance Round 2: Constructive (No r...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Abortion

starmaster
Tree_of_Death

Abortion is murder and should be a punishable crime....

Voting Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

Zaephou
Dereklewis

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago