Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Should animals be used for Scientific Experiments?

aliros619

Animals should not be used for Scientific experiments for these reasons 1. The Species of animals that are used in these tests become really close to extinct or even endangered. 2. These animals are treated like garbage and not like living creatures. 3. These tests show inhumane treatment towards these animals. I am against animal testing and I can't wait to debate with you!...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Minutes Ago

absolutes=existence

vi_spex

absolute is absolute not not absolute.. a rock is a rock, not not a rock absolute=absolute=words on a screen reading these words on the screen=open eyes know=true=life=experience=see IS=i experience=my screen...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Hour Ago

Evolution vs Creationism

CosmoJarvis
sengejuri

This debate is a discussion arguing whether the theory of Evolution or Creationism is the cause of our origins.I, pro, will be arguing that humans were created through evolution, while con argues for creationism.Rounds:R1) Acceptance...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Pain is true

vi_spex
11icecube11

joy and pain are the only true emotions...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Transgenderism Is A Mental Illness

Backwards_Bishop
jareness

A man who claims to be a woman "on the inside" should not be considered a normal, sane person. A man, who has X and Y chromosomes, can never have X and X chromosomes, such as a woman does. It is not offensive to say this, it is never offensive to say the truth. What is offensive is when people are called "transphobic" for using their head. A man cannot, and will never, change into a woman and the same goes vice versa....

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Is Ice A Mineral?

Emelin
CosmoJarvis

I started this debate to prove everyone my point. My position is that ice is NOT a mineral. Yes, it has all the requirements, but it should still be a mineral in ALL temperatures and forms. A form of ice is water, which is NOT a mineral....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Humans are responsible for global warming

CodyNiskanen
brinzahar

It's been said that humans are responsible for "Global Warming" due to our carbon emissions and high atmospheric pollution rate. While I agree that we are polluting the atmosphere at an extremely high rate, I disagree that, our carbon emissions are to blame. According to Science Magazine, measurements of ice core samples show that over the last four climactic cycles (past 240,000 years), periods of natural global warming preceded global increases in CO2. Also, A 2005 study published in Nature fo...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

Should animals be tested for scientific and/or commercial use?

nerdydork4044
Some_Confused_Kid

Hello, Challenger. You will be taking the position as the Pro (for) person. The first round will be basic. You will give information on your side of things, and cite some evidence. The second round will be basic also. On the third round we will give questions to our opponent, and in the fourth round, we will answer those questions.Rules:1) Uncited evidence is not allowed. PLEASE cite your evidence2) You get two days to per round.3) If you don't publish your arg...

Voting Period
3 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Should we be allowed to clone

21frykahla
SavvyShafe

No, we shouldn't be able to clone because it devalues human lives. If you clone yourself then you are just a copy there is nothing special about you. The success rate of cloning is very low and it is very expensive. If I was to have a pet that died then why would I spend $100,000 to get an exact clone of the dog when I can buy like 4 dogs for that price? We might even develop a new disease from forming new genes. People who are cloned maybe viewed differently or viewed as a lesser citizen then a...

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

morality=survival truth

vi_spex
frankfurter50

if a gigantic powerful highly advanced friendly warrior robot crash lands on earth without possibility of escape, that if threatened or in the face of violence will protect anyone and itself, does it make sense to attack it?...

Voting Period
17 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago