Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Resolved: On balance, the benefits of nuclear power outweigh the risks

16kadams

== Structure ==R1: AcceptanceR2: CaseR3: RebuttalsR4: Rebuttals and closing

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 8 Hours Ago

Animals are sentient.

Gabe1e2
Moses_xTx_Secrets

I will be arguing for Pro on this one. I had a debate like this in the past on my other account, and I won. I feel I can win again, versing my opponent. 4 rounds, because this is a minor debate to me, I have a major debate going on as well. 9,000 characters. 72 hours to argue.DEFINITIONS:These definitions are not to change at all throughout the debate, if you want to change it, message me. Both sides will use this.Sentient: responsiv...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Intelligent design is how the universe originated

DopeFreshSaaan
Commondebator

Dear opponent: First of all, I would like to thank you for accepting this challenge. I believe that the bible, the word of god is the ultimate truth, and the accounts in Genesis explain how the earth and the universe came into existence. I believe that God created the earth in six, twenty-four hour days, about six- thousand years ago. I expect that we will both not go into origin, or we will stay away from it as much as possible. My reasoning for this is that in order for a theory to become sc...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

technology has robotised the new generation

debaterpro
Khosrov99

yes technology has robotised the present generation as the generation of today does not listen to parents ,is arrogant does not think of anybody or anything else but their gadgets from laptop to phone they dot talk to each other .Families of today r not talking they just r glued to their screens...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Are people Born inharintly evil

Jacobbatts
AMRead

I'm Apposing for people aren't born inherently evil, Just to start i would like to say my definition of evil is intentionally harming, So lets start with saying when people are born its not like they think the wanna kill something or hurt something, Human baby's are loving creatures and are kind, and how can you say its evil for a baby to harm an animal, they don't know better and its not like there thinking "Ima go punch this dog". There probable just learning how everything works and the...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

The Bible is the most reliable resource we have to explain our origin.

JuanM1031
purpleduck

Creationists are often discriminated by Atheist for being biased towards Christianity. Well I argue that the argument stated by Atheist is not viable. Evolutionists are biased towards Naturalism and human reasoning. The Evolutionists are relying too much on Darwin's theory of evolution and/or the theory of the big bang, which is what I contradict. The definition of theory is simply an unproven idea to attempt to prove a point. The big bang does not have enough evidence to prove itself, in fact,...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Do vampires really exist?

argue5
TheSymbiote

Do Vampires really exist?...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Science cannot Sufficiently Explain the Origins of the Universe

JimiNingrix
JordanCJKM

First off I would like to go into clarification on my argument. I believe that science cannot explain the origins of the universe for a variety of reasons. In this debate, con will be trying to justify the existence of the universe through the current laws of science. This is a hard science debate. Religious views from either side have no bearing. Secondly, the burden of proof will be shared. I (Pro) will be attempting to prove that science cannot explain the origins of the universe...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

great white shark would beat an orca

iamawesomedebater
mike_teep

I think a great white shark would win because if the orca ran away the great white shark would follow it and kill it. If the orca attacked then the great white shark would just bite it to death...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Euthanasia should become Legalized in the US

heypranaynay
henryzietlow

Euthanasia is defined as physical assisted suicide for patients who are in extreme physical pain (judged by the patient). I am willing to debate on the moral stand point as well the legal part of the debate. Questions are encouraged . Good luck to my opponent....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago