Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Can water flow uphill (not using propulsion or inertia)

subdeo
QueenDaisy

This is intended to be a very short debate. I am arguing that water CAN flow uphill, contrary to popular theory. First round is acceptance and rules only. After that, we will just argue back and forth without any particular rules regarding the usage for the rounds. My last attempt at this debate was forfeited by my opponent. If you want to accept this debate, don't forfeit! I look forward to this debate with you! Good luck!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 53 Minutes Ago

Do human cause hurricanes

roadrider13
Bill_Henly

Mankind has revolutionized the world in good and bad ways, Irma has hit Florida not to long ago and I was wondering if we were part reasonable for the hurricane and past ones? I'm asking for your opinion on this subject....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 20 Hours Ago

Atomic fusion power is not economic.

Akhenaten

I contend that atomic fusion power will never eventuate because it is based on illogical and false principles. Fusion requires the sun's gravity for it to work. This can't be achieved on Earth without expending a lot of energy to recreate the sun's gravity and heat energy....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The universe is made of only one particle

Akhenaten
KostasT.1526

I contend that the universe is made entirely from one particle in 3 states. Positive, negative and neutral. That there are not thousands of different sub-atomic particles....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

There is no such thing as a virus

Akhenaten

I contend that there are no viruses. The concept of a virus is illogical. Bad diet causes 98 % of all diseases and the other 2 % is caused by dangerous chemicals. Germs cause zero percent of disease....

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Wang Experiment Proves Relativity Is Wrong

Geocentricist

The Wang Experiment can be read about at these links: http://www.researchgate.net/publication/242479763_First-Order_Fiber-Interferometric_Experiments_for_Crucial_Test_of_Light-S...

Challenge Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The earth is an oblate spheroid

Edlvsjd

There is no irrefutable evidence for a spherical earth that I know of. There are very many reasons to consider a flat earth, and even a few that would suggest a concave earth. I don't know, I'm still on the fence. My opponent is convinced that the earth is a spinning ball, and has irrefutable evidence for this belief. For this to be true, two things must be proved: curvature and axial rotation. Opponent must state their arguments in r1 and forfeit the last round....

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Geocentrism

Geocentricist
KostasT.1526

This is a continuation of our debate at http://www.debate.org/debates/Geocentrism/9/. My opponent will post his last argument, then I will post my rebuttal, and then with his remaining round may opponent may...

Voting Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Can water flow uphill? (not using propulsion or inertia)

subdeo
Bill_Henly

This is intended to be a very short debate. I am arguing that water CAN flow uphill, contrary to popular theory. First round is acceptance and rules only. Round two is for arguments only and round three is for rebuttals and any new arguments. I look forward to this debate with you! Good luck!...

Debating Period
18 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Akhenaten
cakerman

I contend that the universe is made from only one particle which exists in 3 states. These states are positive, negative and neutral. This can be further simplified to left spin, right spin and no spin. So called 'empty space' contains alternate left and right spin particles. Matter contains no spin particles which are tiny black holes that cause spin particles to fall into them with a spiral action....

Debating Period
24 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago