Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Abiogenesis

Sswdwm

This debate is impossible to accept. Message in comments if you are interested in participating.I am Pro Abiogenesis. I am looking for an opponent somewhat knowledgeable in science and would rather not have a pure philosophical/theological discussion, even if there are such motivations. 8,000 characters.Round 1: AcceptanceRound 2: Opening arguments, Con may rebut meRound 3: Rebuttals/ArgumentsRound 4: Rebuttals/Conclusions - No...

Challenge Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Hours Ago

THBT science is represented fairly in the media

alexmiller887

My opponent will begin in the next round, and in the last round s/he will type 'No round as agreed upon' Thank you....

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Creation vs Abiogenesis

demonlord343
GodChoosesLife

Hello, and welcome to my debate with GodChoosesLife in Creation vs Abiogenesis. 1st round: Accepting/ Stating claim2nd round: Arguments ONLY3rd and 4th round: Arguments/Rebuttals5th round: Final Rebuttals and ConclusionMy claim: Abiogenesis is a more probable model for the origin of life than Creation model. Rules: 1: Don't break the rules. 2: Use sources if you can. 3: DO NOT BREAK THE RULES....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 14 Hours Ago

Humans Are Initially Intended To Eat A Plant Based Diet

LiberalLogic101
oculus_de_logica

First round is to declare your position and accept the debate. Second round is your opening argument. Third round is defending your opening argument. Fourth round is your closing argument. - I am on the position that the current human physiology (so please do not use species prior to homo sapiens in your argument) is more adapted to a plant based diet. A plant based diet is one in which the majority of the diet (or the entirety of the diet) is made up of non-animal products (no ch...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

The Catholic Religion, Evolution, And the Big Bang Theory are All True

Megan_K
tpmassive

The Catholic Religion, Evolution, and the Big Bang Theory are all true. If you disagree, then what is your reason for doing so?...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 4 Hours Ago

Mutations Cannot Produce the Type of Change Necessary for Darwinian Evolution

creationtruth
Surrealism

Rules: Round One - Acceptance Round Two - Opening Arguments Round Three - Rebuttals Round Four - Closing Arguments...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

LiberalLogic101
samwight

First round is to declare your position and accept the debate. Second round is your opening argument. Third round is defending your opening argument. Fourth round is your closing argument. - I am on the position that the current human physiology (so please do not use species prior to homo sapiens in your argument) is more adapted to a plant based diet. A plant based diet is one in which the majority of the diet (or the entirety of the diet) is made up of non-animal products...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The Big Bang theory is true and accurate

chewster911

Now, i want to have a rational debate about the Big Bang theory. I will argue that the Big Bang happened nearly 14 billion years ago. I don't want an argument about deities that supposedly created the universe or other irrelevant arguments to the topic. I want this to be a science debate. Burden of proof is shared,but it will mostly be on me. 1st round is acceptance 2nd round will be for opening statements and arguments 3rd round will be for rebuttals and cross-examinations 4th round will...

Challenge Period
29 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Science proves God's existance

theOmniscient
tkubok

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein Evolution, the Big Bang, and other theories are clearly disproven by themselves. For anything like these to originate, it would require a power that we humans cannot comprehend. Evolution claims that every creature on the planet evolved from a similar ancestor, but where could it have started? The dirt, perhaps? How could you create life from an inanimate object without a being such as God? The simple an...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Is the invention of Nuclear Technology useful or harmful to mankind?

Jerry_Jia
AthenaMusic10

Nuclear Technology has brought many great benefit to our society. The use of Nuclear power plants, safe and clean power supply. Nuclear in medication field. But nonetheless, Nuclear Technology is definitely also very devastating to mankind. The invention of the NUKE bomb may vaporize millions of people in a split second. But for me, Nuclear Technology is far more beneficial than its counters. With the Nuclear Arsenal installed in all worlds superpowers (Chi...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 21 Hours Ago