Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Are we all one human race?

NKJVPrewrather
calebjely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XWaRZf1A-Y&t=385s...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Vaccines should only be given to people who want them.

CatalyticConvertersRule
frankfurter50

Vaccines are a waste of money and they give them WAY WAY WAY too early to babies which can damage them with disease itself. It's like they're in a rush to poison them. They're even talking about giving them to the baby while in the womb!!!!! Do you agree with this idiocy???...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

[Resolved] - It is Most Probable that Faster than Light Travel is Possible.

Arclite

[Resolved] - It is Most Probable that Faster than Light Travel is Possible. _________________________________________________________________________________________ I will be taking the position Pro and accepting the burden of proof in this debate, as I will be trying to prove that super-luminous travel is in fact theoretically and mathematically possible, as well as physically feasible. [Note] - I am in no way an expert in this field, but I do have a good understanding of basic and adv...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Earth

DavidCrunkMD
Myth_Chan

The Earth is Flat...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

CrisPBoi
Amphia

I believe that a wood chuck could chuck many pieces of would if it could....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

5G Smart Grid And The Internet of Things

TheDebate.net

5G Smart Grid And The Internet of Things Some say that the greatest benefits of 5G relate more to what this type of network could do for other types of technology. This type of infrastructure would allow cities to become connected, along with cars (driver less or otherwise), smart appliances and smart metering to create the new "internet of things" where gadgets can communicate to one another at rapid speeds via WiFi. However, important factors to consider when implementing 5G is the need for...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Kids doing research: Is it possible for a teen to find a cure or preventative measure for cancer?

Storephin8204
CooldabberDoUKnowDaWae69

I believe that children are smart enough to figure out many things. Their minds are filled with untapped knowledge. The only thing is, they aren't fully allowed to do everything that they want. The children of this generation, and other generations to come will do many great things. By the way, I set the character limit lower because I don't feel like reading a really long argument....

Debating Period
10 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Life can arise from chemical processes and does NOT require creationism

Im_Intelligent
ewsbsk

My argument is simple. Processes such as those found in organic chemistry and abiogenisis can explain how living things came from non living things without the need of intelligent design or creationism. Try and prove otherwise C: > please give valid attempts to disprove my claims instead of repeating stuff about the bible, this is a debate about life not needing a creator, not a debate whether or not Jesus exists -_- Thank you....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Is our consciousness a mere impulse in the neurons?

Omniscient19
JacksonJ

Modern Psychology describes human consciousness as a mere neuron impulse and denies the existence of a 'soul' kind of thing. I vehemently oppose this notion as this theory is first of all a theory, it is not an established fact and will never be one!!!...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Aliens are real

Ennee
Karar738

1) The universe is absolutely massive (which in itself is an understatement) and that with every word I write it multiplies its size by a fucktillion. It is nigh impossible for there not to be a planet or planets with life that are not Earth. Aliens might perhaps nt be in out galaxy, or anywhere in the currently observable universe, but it would make no sense for aliens to be nonexistent.As Bill Nye put it in this tweet

3 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago