Science Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Evolution is the only scientific theory and the best theory out there

Bayple
Moelogy

A theory in scientific terms is highly backed with evidence, facts, and countless experiments. Evolution has been supported with fossils, DNA, homologous structures, experimentation, embryology, and vestigial structures. It can be observed today through bacteria, elephants, and humans....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

The Universe Has Always Existed

holla1755
RandomTruth

The universe has always existed. It doesn't make sense that the universe is about 13.8 billion years old. So what happened 20 billion years ago? It seems there had to be something happening 20 billion years ago, despite that being before the Big Bang. A quick look at the observational evidence for the Big Bang on Wikipedia, located at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang#Observational_evidence, reveals that the evidence for the Big Bang is complicated, hard to understand, and abstract. For...

Voting Period
6 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Did I create the universe and everything in existence??

Beyacth
PowerPikachu21

So yes, I did create the universe. No it was not god, nor the big bang. I am god. See, science explains that there was a big bang. But we all know how complicated science is with all their variables and other fake explanations. But Occam's razor favors the more simple cause, and the simple cause is the more probable cause. My explanation for why the universe came into existence is because it just did when i felt like it. And so I created the universe and everything in existence. CHECKMATE SCIENC...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Climate change is happening and is caused by human activity

tomlangford
goldman

This will be a debate about whether man-made climate change is currently occurring and how it will affect the earth. The first round will just be for acceptance. I believe climate change is occurring, is caused by man and will have severe effects on the ecosystems of earth and would like to have a discussion with someone who disagrees....

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is homosexuality is nasty and unnatural?

AlanTiany
holla1755

Where are the studies by scientists that say being gay is natural? None. Thought so. I bet ya the only studies out there are atheistic....

Debating Period
9 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Abiogenesis Is A Sound Explanation For The Origin Of Life On Earth

MagicAintReal
Cobalt

*1st round is acceptance.*Definitions are agreed to by accepting the debate.Full ResolutionAbiogenesis is a sound explanation for the origin of life on Earth.ProHas the BoP and 4 sets of 10,000 characters, with 3 days to post per argument, to AFFIRM that abiogenesis is a sound explanation for the origin of life on earth and refu...

Debating Period
37 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Consuming Food From Genetically Modified Organisms Is Essential To Human Life

MagicAintReal
Cauliflower

*1st round is for acceptance.*Definitions below are agreed to by accepting the debate.Full ResolutionConsuming food from genetically modified organisms is essential to human life.ProHas 3 rounds, each with 10,000 characters and 3 days per post, to affirm the full resolution.ConAfter accepting 1st round, has 3 r...

Debating Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Evolution by natural selection is real.

Sensorfire
NoahIsRight

This debate will be about whether evolution by natural selection is real the reason for the origin of species. My opponent MUST argue that Darwinian is not a real occurence and provide an alternative explanation for the differences between species.The rules of this debate are:1. Be respectful.2. Cite your sources.3. No strawman (misrepresnting opponent's arguments) or ad hominem (insults without regard to arguments) arguments.4. Follow th...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

Should all domesticated animals be released into the wild?

Razor8517
praneelbhattacharya

share your opinions....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Race is a Poor Indicator for Differences Between Humans

kylet357
NDECD1441

I am starting this debate as another one I took part in with a similar subject didn't continue past my acceptance of the debate. I'm going to explain my position(s): -I am of the opinion that race is poorly defined in general, and does not hold any scientific weight. The slight variations in skin colour and any other physical properties does not warrant any reason to separate these so-called 'races' of humanity, and this goes two-fold for those that hold these races to be separate species of hu...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago