lilamaya
Plexon_Warrior

seal hunt

Plexon_Warrior

lilamaya

Con

seal hunting is bad. humans are being so selfish.
Plexon_Warrior

Pro

My friend, it seems that you are slightly misinformed. Humans may be acting selfish and yes, seal hunting is bad, but that is for later in the debate. I would like to formally accept your challenge.
lilamaya

Con

yes, I know you accepted. now lets get to the debate!! should I shoot you right now because you did nothing?? this is what we are doing to the seals!!!!
Plexon_Warrior

Pro

Seals hunting is, in a way, a tradition. In the past humans relied on seals and whales for food, light, and shelter/clothing. It once was a way of life that was passed on over generations. Yes, seal hunting is bad, but to seal hunters this may just be a tradition, or even just a way of life. So not people are just hunting for fun or money.
lilamaya

Con

That was then and this now!!!!!!!!! Now we have other food like plants, yet we are still being greedy and hunting seals or any animal In that matter. It is what you just said that people use for a excuse. There is no excuse for such a act.
Plexon_Warrior

Pro

I know there is no excuse and I have only played theDevil's Advocate for the sake of the debate. I agree that seal hunting is bad, but those men, usually from more arctic areas, see this as a tradition, trade, and way of life. Seal hunting may be the only way the sealer can feed his family back home. So in lieu of hating the hunter for his deeds forgive him as God forgave you.
Vote Placed by chippedcup 2 years ago
chippedcup
lilamayaPlexon_WarriorTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't think either argument was particularly well thought out, but Pro's argument was more convincing as it was not based solely on emotional response as Con's was.
Vote Placed by Themba 2 years ago
Themba
lilamayaPlexon_WarriorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct was fine although the phrase "should I shoot you right now because you did nothing" was a bit shaky, nevertheless it stayed within the boundaries of conduct on my end. Pro's case is tradition, that people need it as a tool for survival while Con's case is 'Human Beings are greedy'. Lots of generalization made by both sides, but the worst came from Con as Con assumed that everyone is greedy. Aside from the generalizations, Pro wins this with a slight edge when Pro made a hypothetical example, by saying that killing seals to feed one family's own needs. Arguments-Pro