livelifewell
Lachoneus1

self driving cars

Started: 3/28/2016 Category: Cars

livelifewell

Pro

I think that self-driving cars would be a new revolution for our generation. I also think that it would also mean that people could sleep while the cars drive the people home or wherever they need to go plus it means that someone could text someone without touching the steering wheel. Also the first round is for openings, the second round is for facts and the third round will be closing arguments. Good luck.
Lachoneus1

Con

Thank you for this chance to debate. I will be arguing that self driving cars are not the future, but instead are dangerous. They are dangerous for several reasons.

First, we need to recognize that a self driving car is not a completely autonomous vehicle. It isn't controlled by magic, but instead by computers. This leaves cars vulnerable to hacking and being controlled by someone else.

Second, there is no clear precedence for the law, leaving self driving cars in a grey zone.

Good luck.
livelifewell

Pro

livelifewell forfeited this round.
Lachoneus1

Con

My opponent couldn't go, so instead I will reiterate and put sources.
1.Cars can be hacked. Even cars that aren't self driving can be hacked. If a dumb car can be hacked, with relative ease, what's to stop a smart car from being hacked? Better security? Yeah, try telling that to any hacker anywhere. If people can hack into government agencies or bank accounts, then they can hack into your car.(1)
2. Point two is stupid, so I rescind it.

1 http://www.wired.com...-
livelifewell

Pro

livelifewell forfeited this round.
Lachoneus1

Con

Vote Con. My opponent hasn't responded to my points in either of the last two rounds. Even if you believe that self driving cars are the future (which actually isn't that bad of an idea), the arguments my opponent used should discourage anyone from voting for him. Comfort and being able to sleep in the car aren't worth risking your security. Other things, such as safer driving and fewer deaths very well could, but comfort?

Thank you
Posted by livelifewell 1 year ago
livelifewell
Well good debate though it did end in a tie.
Posted by livelifewell 1 year ago
livelifewell
Posted by livelifewell 1 year ago
livelifewell
sorry i could not post debate I was a little busy
Posted by livelifewell 1 year ago
livelifewell
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................