selfies cause cancer

^ Selfies and body anxiety

Yes, you heard me. The newest fad of 'selfies' causes cancer, which is Ironic considering that some social media simpletons tried to cure cancer forever and ever recently by posting pictures of them online without any make-up on [1].

Okay, so admittedly the article at the top only says that selfies increase body anxiety etcetera etcetera, but cancer is by definition the abnormal swelling of skin cells.

Now, where there's anxiety and teenage girls, there's eating to feel better. This causes obesity, which is the extreme swelling of everything of the body, bar brain cells (which do the opposite, interestingly) but including skin cells.

I'm pretty sure I'm the first person to document this type of cancer, so I'll name it GreedyLazyFacebook Cancer. I think it has a nice ring to it.

[1];(Posting pictures to cure cancer)

I'm glad I get to debate against a mentally retarded kid so lets go. The article nowhere says that selflies are a direct cause of cancer. It also never says that this "anxiety" causes excessive eating in fact it says that these young women are jealous of their friends or celebrities bodies and want their bodies to looks like their friends. This most likely means they will not eat and become bulimic or anorexic.

I'm glad I get to debate a person with their wife as their profile picture, so let's go.

You hurt my feelings with the comments about me being mentally retarded, but I will plough on regardless.

Food can make you feel better [1], or even worse [2]. If the food makes you feel more happy, you'll have more of it because you want to be more happy like what you experienced before (and this cycle is started because the individual is in need of increased happiness). If the food makes you feel worse, you'll inevitably keep on eating. Either because you're depressed and want to be more depressed, or because you're more depressed and now are in even more need of happiness than before.

[2] ibid

Ok these comments you've made are true but are not relevant to the selfie topic. The reason of people's anxiety is look like celebrities or their friends and eating food and becoming fat won't get you there. Also in the website YOU put in your entry states "The research, presented at a conference in Seattle, found no link with eating disorders." So even if the person is self conscious through looking at selfies they still do not develop eating disorder let alone cancer. My opponent never gave true evidence that taking selfies gives you cancer, most likely because you can't get cancer from taking seflies.
Posted by KingDebater 2 years ago
To clarify - at the time I said "I'm glad I get to debate a person with their wife as their profile picture, so let's go.", shneeba had a profile picture of a hand (one of the clip art-esque ones that DDO provides). Now, shneeba has got a profile picture of itself.
Posted by AMcCormack21 2 years ago
Shneeba u r a cruel and horrible being
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Condenscention(I'm glad I get to debate against a mentally retarded kid so lets go) warrants loss of conduct. S&G was to discourage Condenscention and Pro's argument had (somewhat) at least, a structure that is better than Con. Pro did not establish any sort of causal correlative that selfies cause cancer, and con used this as his argument, therefore he wins. All Pro needed was to prove at an instance, that it does cause cancer. Whatever was argued here in this debate was irrelevant and out of topic. Con explained it so, therefore, he wins even if no arguments were made by Con as Con focused solely on rebuttals.