CHENZ
Yvette

senor citizens are liability or an asset....

Yvette

CHENZ

Con

I want your all important thoughts on this topic regarding the senior citizens of any country..
Yvette

Pro

Sure, I'll accept this challenge. Why not--I think Con needs some help with understanding how debates work. Con stated in comments that he will be arguing that senior citizens (I assume he did not mean se´┐Żor citizens) are an asset to the nation (I assume America).

I await my opponent's argument.
CHENZ

Con

I ma telling you that taking into account the longevity which is in present day around 70..
But we have made our retirement policy much before when the longevity was used to be 60..
I want you to not forget one thing that experince plus young mind can do wonders...(I admit that mind becomes weak)
To make these senior citizens an advisor to any company and institute and done wonders and this has been proved..
Vouchsafe them some respect and position and see the result..
Yvette

Pro

My opponent's argument is largely incoherent, but comes down to "we should put them in the workforce so they can share their experience". I contend, as I did in the other debate, that as the very definition of "senior citizen" is one who is elderly and retired, no senior citizen can be in the workforce and still be a senior citizen. Then they would simply be elderly.

Con provides no evidence that putting senior citizens in companies in institutes as advisors (which would be impossible, since they would then be part of the workforce, and thus no longer retired, and thus no longer senior citizens) has "done wonders".

I contend that, experience alone has no proven use, especially in a modern age, that senior citizens cannot bring that experience to the workplace, and that their experience is outdated in a rapidly changing world.

My opponent has not sufficiently met his burden of proof.
CHENZ

Con

I am confused by your dilemma that whether you are not able to understand what i am saying or you are not willing understand it..
I have said that we can make them advisors to the main stream work force...
I am not saying that to keep them in the main work force..
Bur you can giive them a rle of assistant,consultant or even advisor.So that their experience and credibility can be taken in the country's development as they have serve to that country.Through all this we can utilise their time as well.There are many things where experience plays an all important role which could not be achieved by the young minds whether it is a business or a teaching institute..
Bottom line is this that experience with young mind can make wonders..
I also want to make one thing crystal clear that as you know that there are two types of work forces namely,mainstream work force and assistants to them..

Now I think that you have understood what i wanted to say!!!!!!!!!!
Yvette

Pro

What my opponent proposes is that we put elderly and retired senior citizens to work as advisors without paying them, which I contend is morally wrong and unfair, and is not something that any government would do or any populace would ever allow happen. Even then, I remind my opponent that he has not proven that experience will do any good or even that the elderly have experience that is still relevant. And as my opponent has implied that he agrees that elderly are falling apart so are not able to share their experience effectively. Why, then, would an assistant be any better?

No reasonable government should expend so much time, energy and money on putting decaying people to work while giving them no incentive and having no evidence that they will do any good. My opponent has failed to prove senior citizens are an asset to their country. Vote Pro.
Posted by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
o.0
Posted by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
Yvette, my mistake, disregard and have wonderful day
Posted by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
Uhm...I wasn't referring to you, salodite. I was referring to CHENZ while talking to you. I don't even know who you are.
Posted by CHENZ 6 years ago
CHENZ
thanks Sadolite for helping me..
as I am brand new to this concept..
Posted by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
Yvette, What was it I was supposed to have learned? Why don't you give all of us your expert analysis on what ever it was that I was supposed to have learned during my absence. Nothing about my views on politics or or social issues have changed one bit.
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
Sadolite is back. :)
Posted by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
I'm just hoping he learned a bit, sadolite. Kind of doubt it though.
Posted by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
Chenz, Grammar is one thing, but there is spell check. And you made nothing "Crystal Clear." If you choose to debate again, think your next resolution through, you need to have a pro, con position in your resolution. Then in your opening argument you need to state which position you are arguing for.
Posted by Puck 6 years ago
Puck
Mine I could choose pro or con!
Posted by CHENZ 6 years ago
CHENZ
lolz..I am new to this website so an error happenned..
Dont get too delited..
Vote Placed by I-am-a-panda 6 years ago
I-am-a-panda
CHENZYvetteTied
Vote Placed by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
CHENZYvetteTied
Vote Placed by Yvette 6 years ago
Yvette
CHENZYvetteTied