soccaplaya
krayracker

sergio ramos is better than puyol

Started: 9/28/2015 Category: Sports

soccaplaya

Pro

even he is old he is still great (puyol). but still i believe Sergio Ramos has shown more effort than puyol.
krayracker

Con

All my opponent has done, is given personal opinions. I will start by giving a simple framework for this.

Since sportsmanship is important in sports, and there isn't really obvious stats for player, this debate should be based sportsmanship.

Here is one example of Sergio Ramos's bad sportsmanship, and Puyol kind response.

Ramos was shown a straight red card after scything down Lionel Messi in the 90th minute of Madrid's 5-0 defeat at the Nou Camp, and in the ensuing fracas between the rival teams Ramos put his hands into the faces of Barcelona duo Puyol and Xavi as they remonstrated with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, Puyol, who was pushed to the floor by his fellow Spain international, made light of the incident, and said: "These things happen in a game of football.

"I've gone to defend a team-mate of mine because it seemed a very tough tackle.

"They are moments of high tension, but what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch.

"I have a very good relationship with Sergio Ramos and it's already forgotten, I have more important things to think about."

Regarding the match, which saw Barca move two points above previously-unbeaten Madrid at the top of the table with their fifth successive Clasico win, Puyol said: "I didn't expect a thrashing like that.

"But when you least expect it, it can happen. Now we need to enjoy this victory.

"We had a very complete game and played very well. We started very aggressively, playing our football and everything went perfectly."

This shows his bad sportsmanship. Because of this evidence, (and cuz I am typing this with 1 min of time remaining), you should vote for me.

#procrastination
soccaplaya

Pro

yea Puyol is a great figure but see the thing is he is just not good enough as Puyol. sign point to everything. just compare the stats. Sergio has 24 to Puyol's 19 that's crazy right. but anyways puyol is a good farther figure but statistics prove that sergio will come out on top.
krayracker

Con

As my framework has already pointed out, this debate should be based on sportsmanship. Since I have already proved that Puyol has greater sportsmanship than Sergio Ramos, my arguments still stand. Also, your argument has no impact because it has no relation to sportsmanship.
soccaplaya

Pro

soccaplaya forfeited this round.
krayracker

Con

Extend...