ellenia
dancampbell869

shoudl we have lower taxes?

dancampbell869

ellenia

Con

I personally think we should not have lower taxes because if we do it will cancel away all the things we have now that are provided for us for free. So if we start having lower taxes who is going to pay for the police or firefighters I mean they can work for free and who would pay to get the roads fixed and what about our teachers who are helping educate our children, what's going to happen to them? and etc. A lot of people and things benefit from our taxes we pay so although you may not be happy to pay so much for the taxes just think about all the people including yourself that are benefiting from it.
dancampbell869

Pro

Since I assume your first round was just an introduction as you have no sources, I will do the same. I feel that the government would have plenty of money to spend with our taxes being low if they could cut back spending. Our economy has done great in times with low taxes, which I will further embellish upon in the later rounds with facts and sources. Keeping the money in the hands of the people has proven to work in the past and would continue to work, depending upon if the government would cut spending. Good luck in this debate, may the best man win!
ellenia

Con

I can definitely say that i do see your point and you make an excellent one because its true that we have been spending our taxes left and right all for what a war on the other side of the sea when we are having a war here because we have been spending all of our money and none which we are receiving and its definitely frustrating and disappointing that this is happening because if only we just cut back on the spending for the unessicary things we are important but not currently now lets fix the problem we have here then worry about the other stuff and I'm not saying that the other stuff don't matter because they do but just not now you know like we are going through stuff and we need some time alone.
dancampbell869

Pro

I can't completely respond to your previous round because I can barely even comprehend what you are trying to say. Try to follow this logic for a moment. When taxes are kept low, the money stays with the people. People having money means people will invest and spend money, causing the economy to grow and creating jobs. The taxes that we pay are basically the government running the economy more than the people, since the government will be making economic decisions. Please take a look at these 2 graphs. The first shows the market at equilibrium, where both the producer and consumer can increase their utility with a transaction. Next shows a very similar graph, but with a tax added. Section A of the graph displays the amount of money the government will make off of the tax, while section B accounts for dead weight loss. Dead weight loss is the loss of economic efficiency caused by something outside of the market. Taxes will always create a dead weight loss, hurting both the producers and consumers.

http://apecon2.wikispaces.com...
http://mrski-apecon-2008.wikispaces.com...

Although taxes are indeed necessary, the lower the taxes are the better. As shown above, taxes hurt the economy from both the producers and consumers viewpoint. Low taxes will help drive the economy. Government spending will put the economy at a standstill. There is just no logical reason to have taxes any higher than absolutely necessary.
ellenia

Con

You know what dude? You made me believe that you are right so thanks and good job i really have no argument on why you are wrong so I'm just gonna let you win ok thanks so much bye! Xoxo
dancampbell869

Pro

Thank you very much. I appreciate you debating me.
ellenia

Con

ellenia forfeited this round.
dancampbell869

Pro

As my opponent forfeited, I see no need to continue to add to my argument. Thanks.
Posted by dancampbell869 3 years ago
dancampbell869
@AbandonedSpring I guess you are unhappy because I voted on one of your debates and commented on another. I ask you to please not act immaturely and vote me down because you disagree with me. That is inappropriate and I would hope that you have the decency to change your vote, seeing how my opponent forfeited. I apologize if you were upset by my comments, but I thought that this website was a place where we could maturely discuss and debate with each other without being spammed and voted down when someone felt differently about an issue. Thanks.
Posted by dancampbell869 3 years ago
dancampbell869
@MasterDebatur thanks for the vote. This was not rigged, I promise. I was not expecting my opponent to agree with me. I personally feel he was not up for the challenge to really put the effort and time into some research, which can be seen in other debates on their profile. I just wanted to clear up the "rigged" idea. Thanks.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
All those things are paid for by local and state taxes. Why do we have federal taxes that are so high? Probably 2/3 of all federal taxes goes to feeding our freeloader society.All the things you mentioned Are public use . Any time government takes from a producer and gives it to individuals to pay their bills, it becomes theft and receiving stole property.The bigger the government, the less freedom to create wealth for all.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
elleniadancampbell869Tied
Reasons for voting decision: countering votebomb, con conceded
Vote Placed by AbandonedSpring 3 years ago
AbandonedSpring
elleniadancampbell869Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Her arguments were better
Vote Placed by MasturDebatur 3 years ago
MasturDebatur
elleniadancampbell869Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Looks kind of rigged or something but obvious reasons.. Pro provided such good arguments that Con ended up agreeing, then forfeited the last round.