Degratia
Xxzefd

should 16 year old be allowed to get tattoos?

Started: 2/25/2015 Category: Arts

Degratia

Con

I greet the house at large I will define the motion on point form 16 year old is a minor citizen whom in simple terms is a teenager.tattoos are a form of body modification, made by inserting indelible ink into the dermis layer of the skin changing the pigment. The skin is a very sensitive part of our body as it covers the whole body. The dermis is the third layer of the skin when the ink is injected there it moves there changing the second and the first layer that is where the colour start reflecting but not aware that the risk of getting cancer is very high. When teenagers are exposed to that at a later stage if they be exposed to cancer it all falls to their parents so in strongly state that in order for a 16 year old to acquire a tattoo they must have a approval from their parents and let them sign a concern form binding themselves that what ever may occur they are in knowledge of that and aware.
Xxzefd

Pro

Honestly I believe that a 16 year old has every right to get a tatoo but should be very careful not to get a homemade one. Of course the parents will most likely refuse to let the 16 year old child get a tattoo because there are certain unwritten codes of society that must be followed by the parents to ensure that their child is not looked down upon by other people or children who are traditional and conservative. Personally I think a 16 year old child getting a tattoo is extreme depending on which kind they got and where at on the body. I am nevertheless not against a 16 year old getting a tattoo as they have a right to express themselves freely by having cool designs on their bodies. The only thing I am against is when the parents tell their 16 year old child that they cannot go get a tattoo because these orders are sometimes not followed because some children just have an enormous ego and are unappreciative brats thereby taking unnecessary risks.
Degratia

Con

The presence of metal salts contained in some tattoo ink can causes redness and swelling around the area where the needle have penetrated. The FDA have confirmed that the ink contains cadmium sulphide which causes photosensitivity, and this is what parents should be aware of and looking at the cautions they should not allow their 16 year olds to do tattoos to prevent this and help them lead a healthy skin life. The Dermatological society of New Zealand notes that allergic contact dermatitis and photoallergic dermatitis can occur as a result of hypersensitivity to tattoo pigments. This are just implications after doing a tattoo just to name the few. The stage where by a 16 year old is at is one that they do decisions irrationaly. There are unsterilised instruments which leads to complications and they force to have tattoos knowing pretty well that they have skin sensitivity and maybe eczema. If parents where to be involved a lot of unmeasurable accidents would be avoided and they are exposing themselves to Skin cancer. In conclusion tattoos are a way to express yourself but there are precautions in that.
Xxzefd

Pro

I know the evidence you provided is definitely proven true but there are just some things even parents cannot really stop their children from doing. I say this my friend because alot of children are just too rebellious to be reasoned with. I say this because many children do not care about themselves and don't value their reputations like they should. A parent cannot stop their 16 year old children from doing whatever they want. For goodness sake my parents couldn't even stop me at the age of 16 from sagging my pants below my butt and wearing cool ghetto shirts with Jordan shoes or listening to gangster rap which is music they justifiably did not like. I even hung around with black wannabe thugs at high school and I knew that my parents told me specifically not to hang around losers at school. My good parents gave me a justifiable order and I refused to follow it. I in the process missed out on valuable opportunities due to dressing like a idiot and hanging with the wrong crowd which shattered my image and reputation. The reason a 16 year old gets a tattoo is to increase their chances of making more friends and getting more teenage girls to have sex with them unfortunately all the popular kids had it all and they were preppy and white raced and were involved in sports. Their parents let them do whatever they liked even let them get tattoos if they wanted. Many high school students at least the "cool types" as I discussed, didn't even feel the need to go get a tattoo or "fake the funk" just to become popular because they just had the "right stuff". Parents should be less strict and nontraditional so their children learn to be more independent and don't make irrational decisions due to their need to go against those that feed and support them thereby letting their children learn slowly to be apart of society instead of a outcast.
Degratia

Con

Well I am glad that you are with me when I say 16 year olds are irrational. Parents should insist on a rule to be put up, a rule which states that" no 16 year olds and below will be allowed to do tattoos without parental concern. I know they might try to forge it but if the parent is not there just like any medical procedure, then they won't get the tattoo done. In summing up my argument, I know the system can be easily manipulated which that is not in our hands but the authorities I still stand my ground unshaken that parents can have full access over the decisions of their teenagers by ways that I have supplied in my earlier arguments. I thank you.
Xxzefd

Pro

You know I for the most part agree the parents job is to turn their children into the "perfect sheep" as far as society is concerned. Tattoos depending on how many they are and certain placement on the body can even make finding a job more difficult or having problems with family members making fun of you due to getting a imperfectly made overpriced tattoo that looks weird or like a gibberish drawing on the arm. Also removal procedures.....lets not even talk about that as that would require another debate my friend. :)
Posted by Wboro 2 years ago
Wboro
@nightmare, so you are pretty much saying you should be able to do anything because it is your body and your life at 16. So should we allow 16 year olds to do drugs? Should we allow them to drink and drive because it is "their body and life"?
Posted by nightmareangel666 2 years ago
nightmareangel666
I would have to agree with pro as I want to get a tattoo when I am 16, I am 15 the now and I know lots of people my age with tattoos so I agree that when you are 16 you should be allowed to get a tattoo because it is your body and your life, if you want one get one