mr1234sharingan
Generic-Name

should AIDS be better-off be judge in a logical way than in a religious way?

mr1234sharingan

Pro

i watch so many religious lunatics said to the public in youtube about their views and opinions about aids and how is it a bad thing, i find it to be a total nonesense on how they say its evil especially the pastors and crazy popes who's chanting this **** and saying it in a way like they have tuberculosis "(it is an unseen consequences.......---by God!!??)" But in my point of view AIDS is simply something that we can only consider in 2 ways; 1.) it is a disease that is communicable and condoms ain't that effective to protecting you from it. 2.) regardless of what your religion says it is just a KARMA for people who couldn't control their lust nor people of not careful of who they hit at....
Generic-Name

Con

The resolution asks if AIDS would be better off if it were judged in a logical or a religious way.

AIDS would be better off if judged in a religious way because that way no one will find the cure for it.
mr1234sharingan

Pro

i think that just the same as giving someone a false hope of achieving something he/she is incapable of or should i say your just making yourself believe in lies just because you can't face reality; but that's not really solving the issue. In my opinion, you just try your best to get over it, open your eyes and ears get some blood going to kick-in some new ideas, Try and live a healthy life like this one;

David Patient

David Patient, South Africa"s longest-living HIV-positive person is a man of rare courage and strength. Patient was first diagnosed with the disease on his 22nd birthday in 1983 while living in the United States. He has been living with the virus for 23 years.

Shortly after receiving this news Patient bought a coffin, wrote a eulogy and waited for death.

For 11 years after his diagnosis Patient was examined and studied by top HIV/AIDS researchers, including all three of the co-discoverers of the virus, to find out why his visors was not developing to AIDS.

Patient has been on anti-retroviral treatment before but decided it didn"t agree with his body and stopped. He now relies on a good diet and exercise to keep healthy.

Although he is no longer an active HIV/AIDS activist, Patient has been involved with various projects such as the National AIDS Council of Mozambique, on a programme called Vida Positiva/Positive Living, to help the fight against HIV/AIDS and educate people on how to live with it.

In a recent article in the Sunday Times, Patient sums up his attitude towards his status very simply, "I am not an "AIDS sufferer" or an "AIDS victim". I live with AIDS. I"m not my virus" There is more to me than my HIV status."

Quotable Quotes
"In any holocaust, war, plague or pandemic, there were always one or two people who lived to tell the story *and why couldn't one of those people be me? Somebody had to stay alive to tell the story for all those who had died with their song still in them, unsung." - David Patient, in an interview with Jeanne Viall.
Generic-Name

Con

Generic-Name forfeited this round.
mr1234sharingan

Pro

mr1234sharingan forfeited this round.
Generic-Name

Con

Generic-Name forfeited this round.
mr1234sharingan

Pro

mr1234sharingan forfeited this round.
Generic-Name

Con

Generic-Name forfeited this round.
mr1234sharingan

Pro

mr1234sharingan forfeited this round.
Generic-Name

Con

Generic-Name forfeited this round.
Posted by mr1234sharingan 2 years ago
mr1234sharingan
there is such thing as morality but it doesn't always comes from your religion, morality is something that is argued, discussed, analyzed and thoroughly thought-out between people and afcourse acceptance and willingness to think and decide things around you outside your bible nor your religion... this might be a liberal point of view but its worth the try
Posted by ZebramZee 2 years ago
ZebramZee
Considering that there is no such thing as morality, whether religious or secular humanistic, I suppose the only way to view AIDS is merely in a descriptive way, rather than through the viewpoint of some value system.
Posted by mr1234sharingan 2 years ago
mr1234sharingan
karma = in a way we define it as consequences of the bad things we do and not in a religious perspective
Posted by Tiki.B 2 years ago
Tiki.B
Karma is actually a religious concept from Hinduism, therefore the second argument is still based on religion. But I agree it is ignorant of people, specifically religious people, to view AIDS as a punishment from God.