octo
SeventhProfessor

should Christopher Eccleston reprise his role as the ninth doctor one more time on doctor who

SeventhProfessor

octo

Pro

Is think he was a great doctor and I think he should come back soon.
SeventhProfessor

Con

No matter how good he was, there is one thing that should stop Christopher Eccleston from returning- He doesn't want to. Believe me, I want him, John Hurt, Paul McGann, Sylvester McCoy, Colin Baker, Peter Davison, and Tom Baker to be in the next multi-Doctor special as much as anyone, but it would be wrong for the crew to pressure him into doing something he doesn't want to do.
octo

Pro

Yes that is true and I know he left because he did not agree with the shows direction but from what I have seen hundreds of fans want him to retern. Just a cameo would be please us I was a bit disappointed when John Hurts regeneration was cut off before we were able to see Eccleston full face. Why would he not at least show his own live face and say one word or actually be live and present and moved his head or something when all the Doctors were together looking at Galafrey . basically I wondering why he wont just show his face are BBC not doing enough because it would so please the ninth doctor fans for him to somehow retern. Also Christopher Eccleston can only say he has his reasons so many times before we start to question.
SeventhProfessor

Con

A cameo is different from acting and reprising a role. Your example of the Hurt-Eccleston regeneration, while it would have been pleasing, wouldn't necessarily have to have Eccleston there for it to work. They could have easily had a few seconds of Eccleston using CGI (first video) and his first words with someone who sounds similar (second video). As for your point about the BBC pleasing Nine fans, I am a huge Seven and Eight fan, as are plenty of people. But there are reasons (kind of) for those actors not appearing, and we need to accept it and realize the BBC can't please the fans if the actors/showrunners won't allow it. While it's unfair to the viewers, it would be more unfair to Eccleston to pressure him into doing something.
octo

Pro

The reason I'm talking about cameos now is because that I think is the least he can do but anyway he accepted the role once to become the doctor and I know he definitely don't owe us by becoming the doctor again but he should start looking at his time on the show and give it one more try he even said he thought he had more to do with the characte what did he mean by that and when is he going to fallow. Wouldn't he be better of is he reprised his role se there would be less people bugging him about reterning
SeventhProfessor

Con

SeventhProfessor forfeited this round.
octo

Pro

octo forfeited this round.
SeventhProfessor

Con

Sorry about that. I had to leave DDO for a few days [1]. Onto your arguments.

"The reason I'm talking about cameos now is because that I think is the least he can do but anyway he accepted the role once to become the doctor and I know he definitely don't owe us by becoming the doctor again but he should start looking at his time on the show and give it one more try he even said he thought he had more to do with the characte what did he mean by that and when is he going to fallow. Wouldn't he be better of is he reprised his role se there would be less people bugging him about reterning"

Your entire arguments seems to be based around the fact that Eccleston accepted the role once. However, this really has nothing to do with it. Multi-Doctor stories aren't a common event, and Eccleston, not being a fan of the show, most likely didn't anticipate ever being asked to come back. Honestly, no one is bugging him about returning, they are simply asking if he would. There is no reason the ninth Doctor can't make a return in the form of a cameo and sound-alike as opposed to the actor.

1. http://www.debate.org...
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
Thank you for finishing the debate. Good day
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
Im ready to debate
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
I'm back and ready to debate
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
Oka name a time
Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
I don't have much time, I'll have to do it tomorrow.
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
Not to be rude but are you still writing?
Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
Yes, why?
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
Just wondering are you still debating?
Posted by SeventhProfessor 3 years ago
SeventhProfessor
Done.
Posted by octo 3 years ago
octo
Not to rush you but are you writing right now?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
octoSeventhProfessorTied
Reasons for voting decision: We all think it'd be great if he did, but great for us, isn't great for the actor who had a painful experience on the show. Plus as con pointed out, they can use that doctor again without that actor; heck they had Paul McGann back for a mini-episode and still used a CGI stand in for the lineup scene. ... Christopher Eccleston is at least on speaking terms with the production again, let's bug him until we lose even that.