Callie226
Ayden_Linden

should abortion be illegal

Ayden_Linden

Callie226

Pro

I feel like abortion should be aginst the law and anyone who aborts their child should be put in jail there are other ways like adoption or just not getting present
Ayden_Linden

Con

First of all (not being satirical here, just saying.) it's 'pregnant' not 'preasant.' if that was a mistake on your accord or if it was just simply auto correct I can't be sure.

Anyways.

Abortion should be legal, because someone may have simply been raped and is now with a child that she doesn't want or simply does not have the financial support to bring up, also, if the mother is under age, (say, 12-15 for argumentative purposes.) and is raped by say, a fellow family member, not only is there a chance that the child will come out before the 9 month period that is now increased because of her age, but also due to the fact that she is so young and she now has a child with such little genetic deviation, that there would be severe birth defects the child(ren) would have to live with their entire lives. Which is not fair for them, not to mention the fact that the underage mother has an increased chance of dying in child birth. I believe that if abortion is to be conducted, it must be quick and humane, however, I find the ideology of you saying people who abort should be put in jail and that people just shouldn't get pregnant to be far too generalized and does not account for many different circumstances that might arise that would make the mother abort.
Callie226

Pro

abortion is wrong no matter what if you are raped then figure out a way to raise the child or give it up for adoption just know if your young and you have a child then ask for help from someone and other than that if you don't want to get present then don't have sex
Ayden_Linden

Con

the problem here is the fact that you are missing the point of my previous argument, Although you might ask for help in raising that child, the mother and child may have already died in childbirth due to the fact that the mother was so young, also, because she is young, there is an increased chance of birth defects the child may have to bear for the rest of their lives, why should a child have to bear that kind of suffering for something that is not their fault (and may not even be the mothers fault.)

However, this segment is for the next argument, so I will make it accordingly:

If it is the womans' body who the child is feeding off of, than why should she not be able to control what happens within it? Although abortion is considered 'murder.' The circumstances I listed above are things that this child might encounter and have problems with, so why should a child have to live with themselves in the state they are in simply because their mother didn't have a chance to end their pain and suffering before it even began. Also, because it is her body, she should have the right to make the choice regardless of what other people think because it is wrong to take a choice out of someone's hands that could save their very lives. And sometimes their are women who don't have adoption agencies in their area, or their families don't care about their situations, so, once again, I submit to you that the points you make are far to generalised and do not encompass the entire spectrum of this issue and the many different circumstances that come with it.
Callie226

Pro

well you have your views which are very good but I'm sticking to my argument that abortion is wrong and no matter what unless the mother dies in child birth you should give the baby up
Ayden_Linden

Con

Yes, I see your point on the matter, however, the problem is the fact that if the mother gets pregnant and the risk of dying in child birth exists, than why should the mother put her life on the line for a child she doesn't even want at times, which is feeding off of her body, and may possibly have to grow up with conditions that would hinder it from ever entering society, yes, I perfectly open to admitting that abortion is murder, because it has been observed that the fetus is, in essence, alive, due to the fact that at proper conception, nuclear fusion occurs and makes new cells, however, those cells are not necessarily capable of coherent thought, thus, the only thing that you are killing are a group of cells that currently are residing inside the mothers womb, those cells which, in essence, are the same kind of cells we kill on a daily basis when we wash the floor, or clean the dishes, or clean the bathroom, or anything we are trying to get 'clean' almost always involves the 'murder' of cells and/or bacteria, we just feel different about the cells residing inside the mothers womb because they will grow into a human in later development, which is fair, understandable, but the child those collection of cells will grow into could develop horrible mutations in its genes, or will have copying errors in its DNA due to the lack of genetic diversity (in the case of incest.) Or may die because the mother did as well in childbirth, and even then would have to suffer social issues later in its life because their parent will have either died in childbirth or would have to live in an adoption agency that has bare minimum standards for the children it cares for. (in the cases of government run orphanages/adoption agencies.) All of this trouble, all of this pain and suffering, need only be reversed if in it's early stages, the collection of cells just be put out of its misery before it ever has to experience it. I respect your opinion as we are all entitled to one, and I appreciate that you have respect for mine as well, but either way, I would appreciate if you would make a longer and more solid argument in the next round, as the closing argument will be the last chance you have to make all of your points.

Good luck to you.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: truthiskey// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Con (Conduct, S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: The pro made no attempt to clash with con and just said to stick to her own opinion.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't justify conduct or S&G in their analysis. (2) The voter needs to do more than simply point to a lack of rebuttal as an RFD. They have to look at the arguments of both sides and compare them. A lack of response may be sufficient reason for one side to outweigh the other, but the context of the arguments is necessary to see that.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: LADYBUG36// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Pro-choice

[*Reason for removal*] The voter clearly decided based on personal bias. She doesn't point to anything stated in the debate, merely stating her stance and voting for the side that agreed with her.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Con practically won.
Posted by Callie226 1 year ago
Callie226
thank you and same to you. you have very good views are good
Posted by Ayden_Linden 1 year ago
Ayden_Linden
My mistake, the debate is now over. Good luck to you regardless, though.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Pro's Round 2 argument... I created an entire argument opposing the entire thing, but I'll leave Con to the rebuttal. It's his job, after all.
Posted by SongHaGin 1 year ago
SongHaGin
This one is a bit tricky because what if the situation is life threatening?
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 1 year ago
Seeginomikata
Callie226Ayden_LindenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well con actually gave arguments with reasoning. Pro made assertions but didn't defend them. Entire segments of Con's case went ignored by Pro. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but this is a debate. You are supposed to try to argue not sit back and say "You think what you want". You're trying to convince me, the judge.