ArielTheLiberalMermaid
MLG_Pingu

should abortions be legal?

MLG_Pingu

ArielTheLiberalMermaid

Pro

Wouldn't it be better for abortion to happen than a kid to drow up in a family he or she is not supported in fosterter homes and adoptive parents are paid to take care of the kids and many are neglective and abusive as well as the parents considering abortion. If the child is born unto a life of such weak stability that her/his own parent's want to prevent then chances are the kid will feel the same way and become suicidal. Even if the mother is a prostitute or sex addict, it is not fair that the child grow up in such an environment just to teach her a lesson. What about rape also? Its rape if the women didn't want it and if she dident want it the child becomes a reminder of a monster to her. Is it fair that she give birth and suffer labor pains for such an act? Even if she follows through is it fair the child goes into foster care risking neglect and having people be paid to love him/her?
MLG_Pingu

Con

If you think that abortion is okay, you must think that murder is fine. Because in my eyes, they are the same. You wouldn't kill a born child would you? Then why would you want to kill an unborn one? Just because they aren't born does not mean that they aren't alive. And I get where she's coming from when she said that if they are neglected in a foster home or beaten. They are still LIVING though. That's better than being killed before you have a chance to make something of your life. Even if you are beaten and neglected in a foster home, you could still grow up to become successful. My father was beaten, abused, neglected, and guess what. He grew up to become extremely wealthy. Just because he wasn't taken care of as a child didn't have a negative effect on his adulthood. I bet it even had a positive effect on his life. It hardened him, taught him that you're not always gonna be spoon fed your whole life, and that sometimes you have to learn to take care of yourself. I'd say that that is way better than being killed in the womb before you even have a chance to do something with your life. Wouldn't you?
ArielTheLiberalMermaid

Pro

ArielTheLiberalMermaid forfeited this round.
MLG_Pingu

Con

There isn't really much to argue against here, seeing as my opponent either forgot or just couldn't think of something to write. Either way, if you want to see reasons why abortion should be illegal, look in my paragraph of round one. Btw vote con, because I actually write when I'm supposed to.
ArielTheLiberalMermaid

Pro

MLG_Pingu

Con

Again, my opponent didn't post when she was supposed to, so I'll just post my sources here. And vote con! I actually post.

Sources: http://allwomenstalk.com...
https://www.scribd.com...
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
ArielTheLiberalMermaidMLG_PinguTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made several arguments in favour of abortion being legal, including circumstances of rape, accidental pregnancy, (and for the child) risk of being put into foster care, and risk of familial instability. Con did not refute these, and instead made a single argument - that abortion should be illegal because it involves taking a life. I note that the argument was supported by a personal example (which is less than meaningful in a debate) and was filled with rhetoric. However, Pro's arguments were made in the same spirit and so I didn't fault Con for that. I have to give Pro arguments simply because Pro made more unrefuted arguments than Con did. Conduct definitely goes to Con because Pro forfeited. Con didn't use his sources for statistical data or evidence of any other kind, so I'm not giving him points for just listing them. A tip for future debates, it would be good to get a source that gives quantitative or statistical evidence pertaining to the case.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ArielTheLiberalMermaidMLG_PinguTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture