litteraly-hitler
PowerPikachu21

should air be considered gravity

Started: 4/21/2016 Category: Funny

litteraly-hitler

Con

"air is gravity"-Cohner Fish 2016
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I accept this debate, and I will be showing that air can be considered Gravity. I will provide some definitions below:

Definitions:

Air: A gas made up of 78.09% Nitrogen, 20.95% Oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.039% carbon dioxide, and small amounts of other gases. Can be found everywhere on the planet Earth.

Gravity; The force that pulls us towards the center of an object in space. The amount of gravity an object has is directly dependent on its mass.

There are many gases in outer space, such as Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, and Carbon Dioxide. These gases could potentially combine, and we'd call it "air". How would these gases combine? Well, these gases all have mass, which brings the gases closer to each other. The air might also bring in dust particles into itself, using its gravitational pull.

Since the air pulls things into itself, like gravity, it must be gravity.

I await my opponent's response.
litteraly-hitler

Con

litteraly-hitler forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

One argument is better than just a random, seemingly meaningless, quote. Extend my argument.
litteraly-hitler

Con

litteraly-hitler forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

So many debates, all forfeited.
Posted by Stane 1 year ago
Stane
That which you call gravity is actually intermolecular force, don't mistake the two.

Debate closed.
Posted by PepePopo2012 1 year ago
PepePopo2012
We call gravity to the effect produced by a curvature in space-time. What curves space-time is energy, and matter but from E=m.c^2 it is deduced the principle of equivalence of between them. Gravity is the consequence of space-time curvature, energy/matter is the cause of space-time being curved. Only by abuse of notation you'd be able to say matter/energy=gravity. Just like a mathematician saying a curve parameterization is smooth when he actually means "the curve generated by this parameterization is smooth".
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
This is my first time arguing against a truism. Let's see how it plays out.
Posted by zookdook1 1 year ago
zookdook1
Air is a physical thing. Gravity is a force. That's like saying a banana is a TV channel.