H-TOWNBOI
XStrikeX

should all pit bulls be killed on the spot any where any time

Con Tied Pro

H-TOWNBOI

Con

I think that pit bulls should all not be uthanizede simelt because of what kind of dog they are. No one ever gives these dogs a chance. But there are some people like myself who owns a pit bull have seen the true loving passionate loyal side of these dogs. If people would stop trying to kill these dogs and give them a chance they to would experience the loving passionate side of these dogs. Pit bulls have a undying will to please their owner that what their used in fight not because they are born ready to fight. The people who belive that these dogs are blood thirsty killers only belive the lies told and they need to wake up and do some research about their personality. Not all pit bulls are raised to be blood thirsty killers. Some are raised to be loving passionate loyal guard and family dogs. And the people who think that all pit bulls should be killed on the spot any where any where any time should be raised in a fighting pit bulls situation
XStrikeX

Pro

I thank my opponent for starting this debate. I am on the Proposition arguing that pit bulls should be eliminated from our society, through any means. I prefer spaying and neutering them all, however, that is not the topic as I sadly just realized. So, euthanization is probably the best means.

Refutations

"I think that pit bulls should all not be uthanizede simelt because of what kind of dog they are. No one ever gives these dogs a chance."

Pit bulls are the vicious kind of dog. They are deadly, born to fight, and ready to kill at any time. They will kill whoever, whatever, whenever. They will harm their own species and their own "loving" owners, even children and babies. Many people have given these dogs a chance. Few have come out unscathed.

"Pit bulls have a undying will to please their owner that what their used in fight not because they are born ready to fight."

Um, the grammar is off so it's relatively confusing to understand... However, pit bulls don't fight because they want to "please their owner." In the past, pit bulls were bred and trained to be fighting dogs. They were the meanest, strongest, and baddest dogs of the whole group and they would always win fights. They would be relentless, vicious, and killers.

"The people who belive that these dogs are blood thirsty killers only belive the lies told and they need to wake up and do some research about their personality."

What lies have been told? There are many instances when pit bulls have murdered innocent children, adults, and other dogs. If you do research about their personality, you WILL find that they are killer dogs that have murdered many people a year. I will prove this in my arguments.

"Some are raised to be loving passionate loyal guard and family dogs."

Yes, some of them are raised to be guard dogs. Guard dogs are to hurt, maim, or kill people that trespass on territory. People use these guard dogs because they are killers. Criminals can also use guard dogs to kill policeman and to defend their drug stashes.

Arguments

1. Pit bulls are dangerous. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, from 1979 to 1998, 238 people were killed by dogs, of which pit bull breeds were reportedly responsible for killing 76, or about 32%. Animal People News published a report that found from since 1982 to 2009, pit bulls were responsible for nearly 50% of all deaths! That amounts to 159 deaths. The next dangerous dog was the rottweiler, with a 30% decrease in kills. That is a huge drop, and clearly, the pit bull is the most evil, human-harming dog. And since 2005, pit bulls were responsible for 55% of all deaths [1][2]. These numbers are too extreme to overlook, and we should no longer tolerate this murdering monster.

2. Pit bulls are inherently dangerous. Because pit bulls are bred to be dangerous, they cannot be changed. Pit bulls were bred for dog fighting, fight with little or no provocation and have a high tolerance for pain. The point of having a pit bull was to bring him to a dog fight, put money on him, and win a bet. To win, the dog would have to be strong, merciless, relentless, and powerful. This was the purpose to even own a pit bull. Over time, the fighting was kept in their blood, and today, we don�€™t have as many dog fights, and the skills the pit bull had are no longer put to use in a valid area. Unlike guard dogs like German shepherds they don't attempt to simply restrain their opponents by biting and holding -- they try to inflict maximum damage by biting, holding, shaking and tearing. In some areas in the United States, the pit bull is required to have a muzzle, which shows just exactly how terrifying the dog is. Pit bulls were also used as dogs to catch and kill cattle and hogs and to hunt animals.

3. Innocent children will be harmed
Reasoning: As previously shown, pit bulls are wild killing machines. Innocent, little children will not realize that these dogs are harmful, and, just like the poor 2 year-old Jacob Busbee Concord boy, can be killed, fatally injured, or seriously injured. Two year-old Nathan Aguirre died on one Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center from severe head and neck injuries after one of the family�€™s two pit bulls attacked him the night before, said Sgt. Gary Robertson. Pit bulls have been known to kill other dogs, as well. A 7-year old Minneapolis boy was killed in his own house. A 12-year old boy in San Francisco was mauled to death. A little child will play with the dog and end up being pit bull lunch. Pit bulls are too dangerous and need to be banned as soon as possible.

4. Pit bulls can also hurt the economy. Some owners purposely train their pit bull to be dangerous and a guard dog. To do this, they need to teach the dog to attack and hurt something. They often use public park structures as "chew toys" for the pit bull's teeth. This harms the structures and makes us taxpayers pay money to repair the structures.

5. Pit bulls are used as crime dogs. Crimedoers use these dogs as guard dogs to defend their drug stashes, creating more problems for police. In New York, several police were killed due to searching for criminals and finding a pit bull.

Extra Statistical Facts

1. Pit bulls were responsible for 88 deaths, also 59% of dog deaths, in early 2006 to late 2008. This means that pit bulls were responsible for killing a person every 3 weeks. And most pit bull attacks occurred off property against innocent neighbors.

2. 14% of deaths were committed on toddlers (1-4 years old), and had someone watching the child involved. This means that even if someone can prevent the attack, it is so hard to pull a powerful pit bill off, and even if you were the one who fed it, cared for it, and looked after it, it is relentless and merciless enough to betray you in a single second.

I await the response.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://www.cdc.gov...
H-TOWNBOI

Con

Sorry about the spelling in the first round i was on a cell phone

from 1979 to 1998, 238 people were killed by dogs, of which pit bull breeds were reportedly responsible for killing 76, or about 32%

That only 32 percent what were the other breeds reported killing people. And also from your personal experienced having a pit bull attack you and if not have you ever been attacked or bitten and if so what kind of dog was it. Your just refrencing what you read on the internet any one in the world could hane typed that there is no wat to tell if that information is 100% accurate am i rite. Ive witnessed my friend get his leg almost mangled off by a german shepard and he wasnt doing anything to the dog just looked at it and it went buserk. Notice it wasnt a pit bull it was a german shepard. And also i know for a fact that not every pit bull is vicious becuase i personally own about 10-14 myself not one has ever attackted,bit, mangled, mauld, or killed anyone or anything. So i know that its not the nature of the dog its how its raised. I know that you can not take it away from its nature or what it was breed for but i know that you can teach it tio deviate awat from that nature of killing.
XStrikeX

Pro

"That only 32 percent what were the other breeds reported killing people."

32 percent or 76 people is a lot of people, especially for just a dog. Following the pit bull was the rottweiler in kills, with half of the damage the pit bull had done.

"And also from your personal experienced having a pit bull attack you and if not have you ever been attacked or bitten and if so what kind of dog was it."

I don't recall mentioning any personal experience.

"Your just refrencing what you read on the internet any one in the world could hane typed that there is no wat to tell if that information is 100% accurate am i rite."

No, my information is 100% fine. I don't see how it's wrong. I showed statistics and instances of attacks. I showed no opinions, unlike your argument.

"Ive witnessed my friend get his leg almost mangled off by a german shepard and he wasnt doing anything to the dog just looked at it and it went buserk. Notice it wasnt a pit bull it was a german shepard. And also i know for a fact that not every pit bull is vicious becuase i personally own about 10-14 myself not one has ever attackted,bit, mangled, mauld, or killed anyone or anything."

This source is not credible. No one cares if you were the one who witnessed it because you could also be the one who made this up. All dogs can attack, it's just that it's the pit bull that deals the most damage and causes the most deaths. YOU personally owned 10-14 pit bulls? Why is it 10-14? You can't keep track of your own dogs? You could very well be lying.

"So i know that its not the nature of the dog its how its raised. I know that you can not take it away from its nature or what it was breed for but i know that you can teach it tio deviate awat from that nature of killing."

If you can't take it away from its nature, then how can you teach it to deviate from killing? If its nature is killing, then as you yourself stated, how can you change it? Pit bulls are inherently dangerous and they will stay that way and there will still be deaths.

Arguments

1. Too many deaths (never refuted)
2. Inherently dangerous (never refuted)
3. Hurt economy (never refuted)
4. Help ccrime (never refuted)
5. Pit bulls have been around for centuries! They've always been mean, vicious dogs that kill, maim, murder, and injure. Over the years, injuries have actually gone higher. You'd think someone would try to help the dog, and people have, but its in their nature to kill.

I await the response.
H-TOWNBOI

Con

H-TOWNBOI forfeited this round.
XStrikeX

Pro

Carry contentions to next round.
H-TOWNBOI

Con

H-TOWNBOI forfeited this round.
XStrikeX

Pro

Further carry arguments.
H-TOWNBOI

Con

First off i would like to explain how to deviate a pit bull from its nature of killing all you have to do is raise it right its a simple task if your experienced. And if not all you need to do is find someone who can help you out. And i have never seen anyone give these dogs a chance. Except for one person other than the people in my family and that person is Mr. Shorty Rossi you can see the wonders of his work on his t.v. episode pit boss. That what i mean by helping the breed by taking them in fostering them and trying to find them a home. And i have been bitten by and attacked by many different breeds of dogs. NONE of them BEING a PIT BULL. So i have my reasons of knowing that these dogs are not harmful. These dogs are the best breed in the world. And you can belive the statistics all you want to but these dogs are harmless. A perfect example. A woman was killed by 2 presa canarios just an innocent woman killed.
XStrikeX

Pro

I thank my opponent once again for starting this debate and at least putting up an argument in the final round.

Refutations

"First off i would like to explain how to deviate a pit bull from its nature of killing all you have to do is raise it right its a simple task if your experienced. And if not all you need to do is find someone who can help you out."

'Raising it right,' as you say, is not a valid explanation of how to stop a pit bull from killing. It would seem that you agree with me on the point that pit bulls are born to kill, if you need to 'deviate' them from killing.

"And if not all you need to do is find someone who can help you out. And i have never seen anyone give these dogs a chance."

This is a major contradiction. If no one has ever given these dogs a chance, then how would someone help you out? Pit bulls have been around for 100 years. You would think that after all these attacks, someone would try to help these dogs. Someone probably has, but killing is in the pit bull's blood! This one statement of your own contradicts all your other arguments. You have stated that pit bulls will be nice when properly treated. You never showed any real situations and since people must've tried, but attacks still go on, pit bulls will kill and kill forever.

"Except for one person other than the people in my family and that person is Mr. Shorty Rossi you can see the wonders of his work on his t.v. episode pit boss."

I am not familiar with the show at all and I believe that many others are not.

"And i have been bitten by and attacked by many different breeds of dogs. NONE of them BEING a PIT BULL."

What does this mean? How is this relevant to the debate? Instead of offering your own personal cases, you should be showing statistics and real life situations. I have proven that pit bulls are the deadliest breed of dog with real statistics and not something that can be exaggerated such as your case.

"These dogs are the best breed in the world. "

Best can mean many different things. They are the best at inflicting damage, yes, and guarding possessions. They are not the kindest, the smartest, or the cutest.

"And you can belive the statistics all you want to but these dogs are harmless."

My statistics are much more effective than your situations and opinions.

Why the Proposition deserves to win this debate

I have refuted all of my opponent's main arguments. They are not supplied with statistics, evidence, or sources, and instead, are just opinions of his own. He contradicts the entire basis of his own argument in his final argument.

My opponent has not refuted any of my arguments at all. It seems he agrees with me that pit bulls are inherently dangerous, and cannot refute the statistics I have given. Innocent children will be harmed by the pit bulls and will lose their lives. He has not refuted the economic problems or the crime issues either.

The Proposition has had superior spelling and grammar.
The Proposition has made more convincing arguments, backed by sources and statistics.
The Proposition has given sources.
The Opposition has failed in conduct due to the fact that he ignoredmy arguments and forfeited two rounds.

I urge the audience to vote for the Proposition. Please vote not what is in your heart, and how you feel about pit bulls, but who won the debate in actuality. I do not want to kill pit bulls either, but just wanted a good debate, which I didn't truly receive. Thank you for this debate and please vote PRO.
Posted by pitbulls_lover_only 1 year ago
pitbulls_lover_only
Pit bulls are not all that bad it depends on how they are really raised. I have had a pit bull since I was born and he never bit me so you cant say that pit bulls are all bad because there not that bad when it comes down to it. They just need to be taught right from wrong. I have two pit bulls now and I wouldn't trade them for the world they protect me. They are very loyal dogs!! The two that I have are very good with kids, cats, and other dogs! Pit bulls are very good dogs! Its not just how you raise them but also on also how you treat them, if you are a very high strung person then a pit bull isn't the dog for you. That's that pit bulls are good dogs and they should not be put down just because of their name! I bet over half of you haven't had a pit bull because my mom was anti-pit and now she swears we will never go without one!
Posted by griffy25 3 years ago
griffy25
Yes, I agree, all pit bulls and pit bull mixes should be put down anytime on the spot, the facts are stated well in these debates and the same people that stand by their beloved pit bulls are the same ones sadly at the funerals of their 2 year olds because after 8 years of "no problems" something snapped and they tore the kid to pieces while the father and mother watch and bash it with a baseball bat and nothing can get it off, so say what you want you "pit bull lovers' the main point is you are choosing the argument that if you raise it right it will be ok, well the fact is you are wrong, I stand on the side of human life, , it's plain and simple you have to protect human life, end of argument.
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
Sorry, never mentioned that source. Or a couple others... I'll show em' later.
Posted by Chrysippus 6 years ago
Chrysippus
"Two year-old Nathan Aguirre died on one Friday at Loma Linda University Medical Center from severe head and neck injuries after one of the family’s two pit bulls attacked him the night before, said Sgt. Gary Robertson."

Copy/pasted from:
http://www.pe.com...

I shouldn't have to go digging for your sources; links or it didn't happen.
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
I'm not actually for euthanizing pit bulls, I've just done this debate before and felt like taking it... If I really wanted pit bulls gone, then they should be spayed and neutered.
Posted by Kinesis 6 years ago
Kinesis
Wow. That's mean Pro.
Posted by USAPitBull63 6 years ago
USAPitBull63
I may be biased, but... no.
Vote Placed by arethusa668 6 years ago
arethusa668
H-TOWNBOIXStrikeXTied
Vote Placed by superdebater 6 years ago
superdebater
H-TOWNBOIXStrikeXTied
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
H-TOWNBOIXStrikeXTied