coolmikeb
dinokiller

should amreica change to wind energy

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 6/7/2011 Category: Economics

coolmikeb

Con

I have chosen a debate on should America change to solar energy. I would like my opponent to the the first move.
May the best person win

Rules: Stay on topic
dinokiller

Pro

Hello, I thank my opponent for making such an interesting debate and may the best debater win.

First of all, the only rule that you made in the first round is already broken, and its broken by you.
The topic was "should amreica change to wind energy" but solar energy is clearly different.

For the moment, I can't bring my arguments without knowing exactly what you want to talk about.

Your turn.
coolmikeb

Con

I'm sorry that I have mistakenly chosen solar for wind. In what my expectations shall say, I was meant to say solar energy. For my dreadful mistake. I would like my opponent to start of this debate and I will continue from then on. This debate will continue from my opponents debate to so on.
dinokiller

Pro

Meh, so you as instigator wants a contender to start first? :P Fine by me.
You mention that US should change to solar energy and since you didnt say more about it, i assume you want to scrap all other kind of energysources and use solar only.

I will list all the reason why that wouldnt work.

1. Solar energy cant produce enough energy for daily demands.
The fact that its production is limited proves that it wont work by only using solar energy.

2. The cost
The price of solar energy like solar panels is expensive. We all know that US has a huge debt thats still unpaid.
How do you want to provide solar panels everywhere in US if you cant even buy enough of it?

Im stopping here for now, we still have a few more rounds to go ^^

coolmikeb

Con

well i thinkt that america should use Nucleaur power plants. They can provide about a whole city in about one pice of coal. It will take about 7 windmills to power a city. This isa ll i want to say as off what my deabter said. Wind Energy, the definition is "Energy received from the movement of the wind across the earth. This energy is a result of the heating of our oceans, earth, and atmosphere by the sun."
dinokiller

Pro

It seems i have misread about this debate leading to me thinking i was Con but to prevent the fun spoiled, i continue as PRO :D (Hoping Con didnt read my previous rounds :P)

"well i thinkt that america should use Nucleaur power plants. They can provide about a whole city in about one pice of coal."

Wrong, nuclear plants doesnt even use coal to produce energy. The radioactive crap that comes out of it after the fusion is also dangerous. And are you sure you want to take the risk of an accident and having the whole area flooded with radioactivity?

"It will take about 7 windmills to power a city."

I could say 7 solar panels would power a city, yet it cant be confirmed as true.
No proof = false

"Wind Energy, the definition is "Energy received from the movement of the wind across the earth. This energy is a result of the heating of our oceans, earth, and atmosphere by the sun."

Why are you telling me this? O_O

Meh, time to change role and tell why we want solar energy (remember, i dont want a country full of only solar energy)

1. Solar energy is clean
Solar energy is clean meaning it wont emit CO2 or any other gasses that worsens the greenhouse effect.

2. Cost effective
Even though its expensive, the cost gets worked away because the required thing for it to produce energy is sunlight, which is always avaible. You dont need to buy the requirements for it to produce unlike nuclear plants and coal fire boilers.

I stop here for now, your turn.
coolmikeb

Con

coolmikeb forfeited this round.
dinokiller

Pro

Yawn* And he forfeits. Tried to stick with the debate after doing something wrong only to have him surrender. Sigh*
coolmikeb

Con

coolmikeb forfeited this round.
dinokiller

Pro

What a waste, sigh.
He refuses to show up and so, i got nothing to refute :P
Posted by Smithereens 1 year ago
Smithereens
When will the voting period be over?
Posted by ConservativePolitico 2 years ago
ConservativePolitico
One day solar energy will work hopefully but that day isn't today. Don't jump into something that we're not ready for. Besides I don't see very much wrong with nuclear power, its a lot safer than the liberal media would like us to believe (my dad's a nuclear engineer). We just bury the waste miles underground ontop of dry bedrock. As for accidents, the US power plants are wayyyyyy better kept than foreign ones (i.e USSR and Japan).
Posted by dinokiller 3 years ago
dinokiller
Ehrmm, thats impossible, im sure i was con O_O
Meh who cares, time to adjust some things :P
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
FYI Dino, if you want, I'll challenge you to the same debate, with me supporting solar and you can be Con (though I don't support a 100% solar energy nation, but where solar is the primary form of energy).
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
Dino, also, you're PRO to the resolution.
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
sorry, forgot that the debate is going on.
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
most solar panels are around 10% ot 15% efficient, though you can get models which are more (and more expensive).

http://www.affordable-solar.com...

We can look at this one, which is about 14.5% efficient, since they do their measurment based on 1,000 W/m^2, rather than 1,366 W/m^2 (the amount that actually comes from the sun, though some of it is scattered).
Posted by BlackVoid 3 years ago
BlackVoid
Lol ok, I thought you meant production of the solar rays themselves.
Posted by dinokiller 3 years ago
dinokiller
And 1 solar panel cant absorb and convert all the sunlights that the sun gives xD
Posted by dinokiller 3 years ago
dinokiller
hehe, only a certain percentage of the sunlight is converted into energy, or didnt you know that? xD
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 months ago
Zarroette
coolmikebdinokillerTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Smithereens 1 year ago
Smithereens
coolmikebdinokillerTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 3 years ago
Man-is-good
coolmikebdinokillerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not forfeit and was consistent in his arguments and views...Con's works were almost illegible due to his poor grammar and rambling views and sentence structure.
Vote Placed by GMDebater 3 years ago
GMDebater
coolmikebdinokillerTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit