lainyjohnson97
Shamoo2

should athletic trainers be mandatory for high schools?

lainyjohnson97

lainyjohnson97

Pro

Based on player safety, proper treatments, and injury identification, high schools should be made to have athletic trainers.
Shamoo2

Con

I accept but really I don't think they need professional trainers
lainyjohnson97

Pro

from my experience, as a student athlete, I have underwent multiple injuries. We do not have an Athletic Trainer and that has affected me greatly
Shamoo2

Con

Ya know what as athlete myself currently am a high school athlete I know that there are many injurie but when you think about it we don't need trainers. Being a football player I see at every game there are paramedics at stand by in case of an emergency but almost every game we don't need them. So what's the point of having a athletic trainer. I Know that schools won't pay for that trust me. Its not that much of a risk to get a injury and if you do you should be given s note by your doctor to see a physical therapist. There just like trainers.
lainyjohnson97

Pro

What doctors tend to do is tell you that you cannot participate. What an athletic trainer would do would to help you with the healing and recovery process. Some think they are not necessary but in reality sports would have lots of people not playing with a lack of athletic trainers!
Shamoo2

Con

I don't know about that because my sister had to go to a physical therapist and they helped her heal over time while exercising. Trust me when I say that having athletic trainers is a bad idea. It takes a lot of money to afford them as well.
Vote Placed by NickLawrence 1 year ago
NickLawrence
lainyjohnson97Shamoo2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm an AT for a local high school and I am paid. We have paramedics on the side lines in case of an emergency and I'm on the side lines with my players. Last football season, I had a player hurt his ankle. After physical therapy was finished, he would come to practice and it was my job to come up with leg exercises and stretches so that his ankle could completely heal and get him back 100%. I think we are needed and should be mandatory because paramedics can't be at every game but we will be. Good debate guys!