daniela1209
SPENCERJOYAGE14

should beauty pageants be banned?

SPENCERJOYAGE14
Started: 1/30/2014 Category: Fashion

daniela1209

Pro

I think beauty pageants should be banned because it lowers the girls who compete self esteem. and they should not be judged by their prettiness but what is inside is what matters. DUH!!!!!!!!!!
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

Since there are no definitions in this debate and this round is not just for acceptance I would like to start by defining my own, so as to have a brightline.

Beauty: measurement of personal value

Pageants: Medieval pageant, a narrative and religious medieval procession connected with a festival.

Should be banned: Suggested form.

Because: A excuse that moms hate.

Lower: The opposite of higher. And lower is a good thing because people love lower gas prices.

Girls: A female hamster.

Compete: Choice to take part of.

Self-esteem: What makes people look more beautiful.

Judged: The end of the debate, when everyone votes for con because her brain is attractive

Prettiness: Another word for attractive

What is inside: a brain

DUH!!!!!!!!!!: The assumption that everyone who disagrees with you is an idiot.

Now that I have taken the liberty to define this debate round I would like to point out a few holes in Pro’s opening thesis.

Let’s reword this to its full potential…

“I think the measurement of personal value in religious medieval processions is a good thing because people love lower gas prices, but we will stop female hamsters from it and the choice to take part of something that is religious and makes people look more beautiful. At the end of the debate, when everyone votes for Con because what’s inside her brain is what counts and everyone who disagrees that Con’s brain is attractive and counts is an idiot.”

Wow, after you reword that it is a) confusing and b) untrue in some parts. Let us destroy the false parts of con’s statement.

“I think the measurement of personal value in religious medieval processions is a good thing because people love lower gas prices, but we will stop female hamsters from it...”

Response: In Pro’s logic a religious festival for hamsters is good, but should be banned with no reason why. Also she admits that it helps lower gas prices. Why do you want to ban religious freedom and boost gas prices unless you hate good things and own gas refineries.

“we will stop female hamsters from it and the choice to take part of something that is religious…”

Response: That is uncalled for. The poor female hamsters have done absolutely nothing to hurt Pro, and just because they enjoy their religious festivals where they aren’t hurting anyone it should be banned? America has freedom of religion people! Even for hamsters! Seriously? Poor hamsters! L

“and what makes people look more beautiful”

Response: Pro is banning something that makes people more beautiful? Men are going to really dislike that…

“At the end of the debate, when everyone votes for Con…”

Response: What? She is trying to remove rights from hamsters and advocate my win? I have no problem with advocating my win but seriously! She can’t take religious freedoms from female hamsters!

“because what’s inside con’s brain is what counts and everyone who disagrees that Con’s brain is attractive and counts is an idiot”

Response: Concede *^^*

Now, let’s go through the history of hamster festivals and why they are so sacred.

Since the beginning of time Egyptians worshipped cats. The cat’s god Smith the god of all things evil took all the female hamsters ages one month through three years old from their loving families and forced them into desolate lives of prostitution, slavery, and suffering to appease the rat king Gray. Because they were prostitutes some hamsters became impregnated and had to remove the rat-hamster fetus themselves, but others had rat-hamster babies that soon followed the rat’s evil ways. Through all the female hamsters suffering, being pulled away from their families, and having their offspring turn against them they decided the best thing to do would to cut a gash through their soft delicate bellies and spill out their own guts onto the floor. This would be a sign of hatred. All the hamsters lined up with plastic butter knives put the knife to their belly, and as they were about to press into their skin the hamster goddess Sunshine rescued them from their travesties and suffering and gave them to little girls who would love and play with them. This was a good thing because the female hamsters had forgotten what love really is due to being away from their now dead families for so long, the hamster goddess sunshine also changed the rat-hamsters to good which made a new breed of animal called ‘gerbils’, and she turned all the rats into rocks. There were so many horrible rats that all the rocks and mountains you see are bits and pieces of the broken race of rats. To start a new race of rats Sunshine made a whole new family of rats who in seconds seemed to spread to thousands. But because of all the hard things she did that glorious day she ended up exhausting her supply of magic and liquefied out of existence. But in doing this she created color.

Every year on August 24 all the female hamsters in the world, sneak out at night, trade teeth clips for money, and deliver presents, candy, and decorated eggs to all the gerbils reminding them how they respect their ancestors, and that they know how much pain it took not to “take care of them” from the start. They also do this giving thanks to Sunshine for painting the world and giving up her life to give them a new chance.

I con, had a hamster onetime and I loved it, and took care of it. Every August 24th I gave my hamster $100 and an extra pound of treats for the gerbils. I also let her out of her cage knowing she would soon be back.

Now can you see why banning hamster’s religious festivals would be so bad, for the hamsters? Please make the ritual saving decision and vote Con.

daniela1209

Pro

daniela1209 forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

Vote Con!
daniela1209

Pro

daniela1209 forfeited this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I took a lot of research on the history of hamster's traditions! :/

Vote Con! :D
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Just read imabench's stuff. He's got some good things going.
Posted by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
I've got to learn to troll. Anyone got any trolling classes going on?
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 2 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
*^^* I borrowed the idea from your DNA round...
Posted by imabench 2 years ago
imabench
Quality trolling right here XD
Posted by HolyShearim 2 years ago
HolyShearim
I wouldn't recommend using 'DUH!!!!!!!!!!' in a debate round.
Posted by daniela1209 2 years ago
daniela1209
ready or not
Posted by bullheadednerd 2 years ago
bullheadednerd
you do realize you have taken the wrong side right? if you are "for" banning pageants then you should be affirmative not negative... fix this and I will gladly debate you. looking forward to it.
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
daniela1209SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and Con made more convincing points to her arguments.
Vote Placed by codemeister13 2 years ago
codemeister13
daniela1209SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: FF by Pro S&G: Improper use of capitals and punctuation by Pro Arguments: Con quite clearly tore through Pro's debate points after defining everything. Pro had no case and did not work to save it.
Vote Placed by Cheetah 2 years ago
Cheetah
daniela1209SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Vote Placed by kawaii_crazy 2 years ago
kawaii_crazy
daniela1209SPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Funny debate and Pro forfeited.