smallaaro
doomswatter

should bebier be banded and shunded back to canida

doomswatter

smallaaro

Pro

he is a horrible influince
doomswatter

Con

Since my opponent is Pro in this debate, I take it that he/she is arguing that Justin Bieber should be banned and shunned back to Canada.

I accept. Please present your arguments, Pro.
smallaaro

Pro

well he has not gotten better and what about our kids he is famous who are they guna follow if they listen to him him it is differint if you are emeniem that is what he has to put out for his rep
doomswatter

Con

Pro's argument consists of the following:

P1: Justin Bieber is a bad influence on children.
P2: People who are bad influences on children should be banned and shunned.
C: Justin Bieber should be banned and shunned.

Pro negates his own P2 when he says, "it is differint if you are emeniem that is what he has to put out for his rep", and points out a flaw in his argument: If Justin Bieber should be banned and shunned for being considered a bad influence, so should anyone and everyone else. What criteria do you use to determine if someone has been bad enough to be banned? What criteria do you use to determine if someone is being a bad influence on children or just maintaining "his rep"? Pro has not yet explained his reasoning that Justin Bieber should be treated more harshly than other celebrities.

Second, Pro assumes an understood universal definition of the term, "bad influence". However, what one person may consider "bad", another may consider neutral, while yet another may consider good. The definition of "bad" is very subjective and relative. To say that someone should be banned and shunned because, in your personal opinion, they are a bad influence, is to say that your personal definition of "bad influence" should supersede anyone else's. Pro must provide a reason for accepting his definition.
smallaaro

Pro

smallaaro forfeited this round.
doomswatter

Con

Thank you for voting Con.
Posted by smallaaro 2 years ago
smallaaro
sorry I was in a rush so please hold your paseince
Posted by ESocialBookworm 3 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Pro please use proper English. You get points for spelling and grammar.
Posted by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
Me, too.
Posted by mlibb 3 years ago
mlibb
I am interested to hear you opinion on why Bebier shouldn't be shunded back to Canida.
Posted by gratata9876 3 years ago
gratata9876
yes i think he should be no offence to the JB fans but I dont really like him and want him where he belongs and where he can be watched over and not get in any more trouble
Posted by doomswatter 3 years ago
doomswatter
I've never picked a cherry in my life. Someone else always picks the ones that go on my ice cream.
Posted by mlibb 3 years ago
mlibb
Doomswatter,

You're a cherry picker.
Vote Placed by Ajab 2 years ago
Ajab
smallaarodoomswatterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Had D added one source he would have gotten all 7 points, he could have added a picture of girls listening to JB. Otherwise S provided no argument in general and well he forfeited so...