ahammaker635
simpleguy

should bullies be convicted of manslaughter if bullying another kid and makeing him kill himself

simpleguy

ahammaker635

Pro

I do think they should be incarcerated because they practiclly put the gun in there hand or noose around there neck. what do you think?
simpleguy

Con

Since my opponent has only made a short opening statement I will do the same to make it fair. If one bully is convicted of manslaughter, then it will set precedence and every other bully will be charged with the crime. I will be using the age of criminal responsibility and examine the requirements for manslaughter in my case. Onto pro.
ahammaker635

Pro

You should be convicted of Manslaughter. As I said in my past statement you practically put the gun in the victims hand even if you're a little fifth grader your killing someone. You don't have to be incarcerated at the young age but going back to you're statement the age. What is the legal age to be incarcerated? 11 is your answer you'd pretty much be in the fifth grade by now and trust me I personally seen this happen a boy hanged himself because of a bully no one did anything about it but the parents called the police up and said what is to be done about this manslaughter the cops said the bully was only 10 years of age and they said not until next years and that boy who died was my best friend. So therefore I agree on why the bully should be convicted of manslaughter. I rest my case.
simpleguy

Con

I will first like to first highlight that my opponent has made a baseless and insulting claim that I should be convicted of manslaughter. He has not provided any evidence for this and I find it extremely offensive.

Moving on to the rebuttal.

Pro wishes to use emotive anecdotal evidence in order to convince voters that all bullies that have caused someone to kill themselves should be charged with manslaughter. Voters must not be persuaded by this isolated incidence. Yes, it's a bad thing that happened to Pro and I am sorry for your loss but that does not mean the person in question should be charged with manslaughter. I am not saying they aren't guilty, I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, but Pro is stating that they should be punished to the extent of manslaughter. As bad as it may make me seem, I also question the legitimacy of Pro's anecdote - not that he is necessarily lying, but his judgement of facts may be clouded by his sadness.

In summary, my opponent has used a metaphor and an anecdote to try and convince voters that bullies that cause deaths should be charged with manslaughter.

I will now move to my argument, as my opponent's is relatively short.

I will construct several arguments that will stand on their own, if even one of them isn't struck down convincingly by my opponent, the resolution must be negated.

Definition (This is an argument)

Suicide: The action of killing oneself intentionally

The victim chose to commit the action themselves, unless they were mentally unstable, which would not be the fault of the bully. Sure, bullies may be a factor in the suicide victim's decision, but that's what it ultimately comes down to, a decision. It can be paralleled to the argument that rape victims are 'asking for it' because they dressed like a slut. No, the key is who made the decision. In the first instance, the suicide victim, in the second, the rapist.

Age of criminal responsibility

Children under 10

There is no use arguing whether children under the law should or should not be found guilty, they simply can't. There are numerous reasons to this - the main one being mens rea. They cannot fully evaluate their decisions and differentiate between right and wrong. Punishing children less than 10 may also be considered cruel treatment; a much better approach would be rehabilitation, and any criminal penalty imposed may impede their whole future. Furthermore, Pro is suggesting the penalty of manslaughter which is punishable by up to 25 years in prison. That means they will spend the whole of their teenage and early adult life in prison, what kind of person do you think they will become? The main objective of the legal system is rehabilitation, putting someone in jail is the last resort.

Bullies are victims too

Yes Pro, I would like you to read that line again. And again. Let it sink into you. People don't grow up aspiring to be bullies. They are the victims of their circumstances. They are just little children (in your case) or teens dealing with the pressures of puberty. In a study by The Institute of Education at London shows that "The majority (74%) of bullies were found to be boys, who suffered the highest levels of depression, anger, paranoia, emotional disaffection and suicidal behaviour, and disliked school the most." [1] Can victims really get better and integrate back into society successfully after spending a quarter or more of their lives in jail?

These are three three arguments I pose to my opponent, and do not feel the need to present any more until all three points are rebuffed.

[1] http://www.theguardian.com...;
ahammaker635

Pro

Yes I said the same thing because you sir are using websites yes I know your using resources but are they factual can you trust them I guess what i am saying is are you using personnel experience no your using website and I did not insult you I used you as an example yes bullies are victims to but they didn't have to choose that path to bully they could of gotten help and hating school what is this elementary you don't go to school to play and get in trouble you go to learn
simpleguy

Con

My opponent has intentionally left out any sort of punctuation in his argument in order to confuse me out of the win. This is the second misconduct that as occured in the debate.

Pro claims he 'used me as an example' but I have never been charged with manslaughter and t claim I have is absurd to say the least.

In regard to Pro's challenge on my 'website', it is simply a link that refers to the research conducted in The Institute for Education in London. This has nothing to do with the credibility of the website itself. In response to his question, yes, I do trust The Institute for Education in London; there is no reason not to. He then asks me whether I am using 'personnel experience', I do not know what it is, but I do not think I am. Pro makes no further rebuttals against my mens rea argument other than weakly claiming I used a website, which would be a fact.

Getting help with problems such as depression and abuse in the family is a much larger issue than Pro seems to realise. I will only point out, however, that according to Pro's argument, children and teens who suicide did not have to go down that path either, they could have gotten help from either parents or teachers. That renders his argument invalid.

Pro has also failed to rebuff the whole idea of rehabilitation rather than punishment.

The compounded insults and misconduct of Pro and his weak arguments make it clear who has the stronger arguments in this debate. I thank Pro for this opportunity and thank the readers for reading this.
Posted by ahammaker635 2 years ago
ahammaker635
I agree with you you practically summed it up but what about the manslaughter and being incarcerated
Posted by ahammaker635 2 years ago
ahammaker635
Posted by Aleksandr 2 years ago
Aleksandr
The child is killed because of the bully. If you think of it, he shouldn't have to kill him self just because of a person ruining his life in a place where your supposed to have fun and learn! That child wasted all his potential just because of some jerk! There should seriously be a act to stop this level of bullying.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
ahammaker635simpleguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Experience isn't necessary valid. Con's case had more of a background than Pro.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
ahammaker635simpleguyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro just stated opinion. Con's arguments rested on facts.