jeffacake
MoonGazer

should cannabis be legal in the uk

MoonGazer

jeffacake

Pro

you have obviously never touched the stuff, I come to this conclusion because you put forth every hate mongering lie used against people who use this substance.

1. there is no scientific evidence to prove any of your negative claims.

2. every claim you put forward sounds like a high school brochure to discourage little girls from drugs.

3. in response to the old tale of the gateway drug, I have smoked cannabis near enough everyday for 10 years now and can honestly say i have no intention of turning into a crackhead. its not the cannabis that's the gateway its the pushy dealers out there and so called friends peer pressure that moves people on to harder drugs.

4. if it was legal not only could our economy grow from it, it would remove that pushy dealer gateway to harmful drugs. us smokers already pay about 100% "sin" tax on cigarets and as if that's not enough the government is k

5. its people like you jumping on the typical jeremy kyle "hash bashing" band wagon that are making life for good honest hard working cannabis smokers like myself difficult with your prejudice, lies and slander.

us smokers already pay about 100% "sin" tax on cigarets as it is and as if that's not enough the government is giving that money back to the tobacco industry by using it to pay for every other nicotine product they can think up e.g patches, gum and even electronic cigarets.
MoonGazer

Con

Okay, let me start of by saying you are a very rude, abrupt and ignorant person. Change your attitude in your in round 2 or 3, or I will just forfeit them. I can abide rudeness, manners don't cost anything. Can you mind your attitude?
Right, now I can start...
Yes, I have never smoked it, why would I?! I'm proud to say that, you make it sound like something is wrong with that.
LIES?!?! What 'lies'? Because I haven't provided 'scientific evidence'? What? Neither have you, and I presume you have non or you would have posted it in your round, whereas in my comment on the opinion, I did post links!
No, it's from experience, I have lived on 6 different councils estates in England AND Wales (so please don't lecture me), and all of the people I have come across are scum, to put it bluntly, and most has turned into 'crack heads' as you so put it! I only know 1 man who smokes it socially e.g once a month and at least sensibly. As for others I know of, just scum, and that's why I don't touch the stuff, just like cigarettes, I have been round people who do smoke it, and I have seen enough!
I also most people turn to harder drugs, I know a man who started of smoking weed, to injecting steroids and it on cocaine. You may not be a 'crack head', but everyday for 10 years? You sound more like an addict to cannabis.
Yeah, of course, legalising weed will pay dividends towards our economy! So was taxing petrol, alcohol and cigarettes to the hilt, but we aren't out of debt! Legalising weed would barely touch our economy realistically, that is a poor reason to legalise it.
As for the medical reasons, where is your evidence? I did present links earlier, you did not, where is the evidence that it a benefit to your health?!
Also, you really think that that it would take dodgy dealers off the streets from dealing weed? If this government legalises cannabis, the tax on it would be through the roof, then people would probably try to get it off dealers to get it cheaper and avoid the taxation. So it wouldn't reduce it by that much. Common sense really, because people who already smoke weed would know dealers to get it cheaper.
And as for your second comment, you were just bitching a little bit there. The debate is about whether cannabis should be legalised, not to bitch, so please don't. That was just an embarrassing comment.
And thank you for the chance to debate with you, I (hopefully) look forward to the other rounds as well.
jeffacake

Pro

jeffacake forfeited this round.
MoonGazer

Con

If everyone smoked cannabis only on a social basis, I personally have no problem with that. But not everyone does, and this is where my problem lies. Like my opponent perfectly pointed out in round one. He is not a social smoker.

You cannot as well use the argument of alcohol and nicotine because that just shows our failure towards drug policy, which is an inappropriate example when trying to legalize cannabis. If you were all that bothered over alcohol and nicotine, you would campaign to make it illegal, and not campaign not legalize more drugs.

I have nothing more to say on this topic. Thanks.
jeffacake

Pro

jeffacake forfeited this round.
MoonGazer

Con

Well... Thanks for this 'debate' anyway'.
Vote Placed by thett3 3 years ago
thett3
jeffacakeMoonGazerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit