goodshit
missbailey8

should catcallers be publically hated?

goodshit

Pro

Catcalling sucks. And catcallers suck. I am not a woman. I just really believe that cat calling is the sin of the earth. I solidly support the ideals of my own mind that catcallers should be given slurs and harassed in public like the same they do to women. Thank you.
missbailey8

Con

I accept your debate.
Round 1- Acceptance
Round 2 - Opening Statements
Round 3 - Rebuttals
Round 4 - Summary
goodshit

Pro

Street harassment is dismally common--a recent study commissioned by the organization Stop Street Harassment found that 65 percent of the women surveyed had experienced it first problem with Catcalling is that it's so widespread against women they can fear being harassed in public whenever they go outside. Isn't sexual harassment a big no? Would those big men be harassing 65% of women if their mothers were around? Are you saying that they do it because of their hormonal instincts? If they did it because of their hormonal activities then shouldn't women be allowed to act like gorillas because of their periods? All I'm asking is that we should make it publicly acceptable for men to be harassed in the same way women are, not to make them fear women or other people, just so that they can understand how much it sucks to be catcalled on. It's weird. People shouldn't do it. If they get to catcall then we get to make them embarrassed for their childish acts and everything? Peace-
missbailey8

Con

You are right, cat calling I'd a low thing to do to anyone. But to have cat callers punished with slurs and harassment? It's ironic, really, as that's exactly what they're doing to their victims. If you go against cat calling, then why aren't you against this? It's just hypocritical.

Yes, cat callers just be punished, but not through violence and harassment. It's just as unethical as the crime they're committing. Why try to penalize cruelty with more cruelty? It's like fighting fire with fire and in the end that never works.
goodshit

Pro

You're actually right? I don't see a reason to keep this argument going? You're a good human being good job. Thank you dude you did good.
missbailey8

Con

Thanks for the debate! I will be doing a rebuttal of your arguments for the sake of following the rules I placed.
Yes, cat calling is a terrible thing to do. But to exclude men from the problem? To believe men can't be cat called by women or other men is like saying men can't be raped, which is sexist.
I don't think cat calling is not based on hormonal instincts and neither is acting poorly towards other while on your period. They definitely can't be compared though. As a woman, when you're on your period, you're in pain. Varying levels of pain, sure, but still pain. This doesn't mean acting bitchy on your period is justified, but people tend to play it off. "Oh, she's on her period. She's allowed to do that." I'm pretty sure most people won't place cat calling under the same circumstances. Most people know that cat calling is a jerky thing to do.
Well, that's it. Thanks again.
goodshit

Pro

goodshit forfeited this round.
missbailey8

Con

In conclusion, I believe that even though cat calling is a terrible thing to do, people shouldn't be publicly harassed like Pro originally said. You can't say it's only an issue for women, as men get cat called too. Men can cat call women and men and the same goes for a woman. Like I said, why punish cruelty with cruelty?
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Everything// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: pro gave up

[*Reason for non-removal*] Votes on full forfeit debates do not get moderated unless they give more points to the forfeiting side.
************************************************************************
Posted by missbailey8 1 year ago
missbailey8
Eh, it's just fine.
Posted by goodshit 1 year ago
goodshit
I'm sorry I love you anyways you're probably a great person sorry
Posted by missbailey8 1 year ago
missbailey8
I accepted your debate. I don't believe I'm a sexist bum, but you learn new things every day.
Posted by goodshit 1 year ago
goodshit
send me all the sexist bums and I will fite them with my (teeth) and my words