laleona89
RightIAm

should cheerleaders be banned from performing at professional sporting events?

Con Tied Pro
Started: 12/23/2010 Category: Arts

laleona89

Con

I am going to debate against banning cheerleading form professional sporting events. This debate will not be about banning cheerleading in extra curricular activities, nor from amateur cheerleading competitions. This debate is about those professional cheerleaders that are at professional basketball games, football games, etc.
1st round: my opponent will start by posting his first argument.
2nd round: I will answer to my opponents arguments and post some of my arguments. My opponents will answer to my arguments for this round and post some arguments himself.
3rd round: I will answer to my opponents argumetns and I will post new arguments. My opponent can answer to my arguments and post new arguments. 4th round: I will answer to my opponents argument and will post new arguments and then my apponents may answer to my arguments and end this debate.

Thank you who ever accepts this debate and good luck.
RightIAm

Pro

Thank you for a fascinating subject of debate - it is a real thrill to be able to share my views with you today.

I propose that cheerleading should be banned from professional sporting events, and I will focus chiefly upon sporting events in the United States of America which I know and love.

My first argument is that cheerleading encourages sinful, immoral behaviour which is responsible for much of our great country's social ills today - including but not limited to teenage pregnancies, STDs, promiscuity, vanity, sex before marriage, homosexuality, abortion, plastic surgery and liberalism. In seeing these professional cheerleaders at sporting events, young girls are encouraged to underdress, to 'sex' themselves up and to fornicate outside of wedlock, which I believe is a truly wicked action, condemned by the Lord our God. Children's innocence is being stolen from them by activities such as professional cheerleading at sporting events - they no longer play together in the yard, but they are out having sex, getting pregnant, taking drugs and so on. Cheerleaders encourage children to abandon their moral fabric in favour of a dangerous hedonism that is disgusting. Pro cheerleaders at professional sporting events send out the message to all viewers, not only children, not to aspire to be good, proper citizens of the United States (or any other country for that matter), but to serve themselves and forget about morality - especially sexual morality - hence sex before marriage, homosexuality, extra-marital affairs, etc. are condoned.

The essence of my first argument, therefore, is that cheerleading at professional sporting events encourages immoral behaviour (particularly of a sexual nature) which is not only wrong, but is responsible for many of our society's social ills. I'd like to thank my opponent once again for an interesting debate and wish him a truly Merry time celebrating Christ's birthday.
laleona89

Con

1) "cheerleading encourages sinful, immoral behaviour which is responsible for much of our great country's social ills today..." -Pro

That is so not true. First it's not like cheerleaders go around the country giving speeches for teens to do immoral stuff, so they do not encourage. What encourages this kind of behaviour is people who misinterpret what cheerleaders do. The only thing that cheerleaders are doing in games are dancing and cheering for their team to win. It's not like they have signs in their uniforms that say "go and have sex with every person you can find" come on, you are misinterpreting why cheerleaders are present in games and the main reason they are there is to cheer and to help their team win in an optimistic way. Also cheerleading is not a reason for our great country's ills. Teenage pregnancies may be for many different reasons, for example peer pressure, or just sexual attraction to each other, not because of cheerleaders.

2) "In seeing these professional cheerleaders at sporting events, young girls are encouraged to underdress, to 'sex' themselves up and to fornicate outside of wedlock, which I believe is a truly wicked action, condemned by the Lord our God."-Pro

Young girls may WANT to dress like cheerleader, but cheerleaders cannot control hat other people think about them, and also if the kids have been well educated they are supposed to know how a young woman should dress properly and still look beautiful. Cheerleader dress up with short skirt with shorts underneath those skirt so they are honestly not showing any private parts. Honestly I believe cheerleaders do not give a bad example for children, I think they encourage kids to be optimistic no matter what. Also cheerleaders are not the only ones that dress like that. For example in magazines, T.V and the Internet you can find a lot of skinny, pretty women that wear few clothes so do not blame this on cheerleaders, because there are a lot of other factors that contribute to the immoral irresponsible actions of teen that are not cause by cheerleaders.

3) "...but to serve themselves and forget about morality - especially sexual morality - hence sex before marriage, homosexuality, extra-marital affairs, etc. are condoned." Pro

I still do not understand how do you blame all this things on cheerleaders if T.V., magazines, Internet, etc are the ones to encourage kids to do immoral things not cheerleaders; especially homosexuality, how do cheerleaders encourage that, I think not.
RightIAm

Pro

Thank you for raising some interesting albeit nonsensical points.

1) Cheerleaders sexualise females and young girls look up to these cheerleaders and themselves resultantly become sexualised. Even those who are not innocent children may fall prey to the wickedness of cheerleaders - this sexual liberality - showing a whole stadium of people much of your body, sends out a message saying that sexual ethics don't matter, that you can have sex outside marriage, or with people of the same sex, or with animals - it's demeaning. A woman should not seek to look sexually attractive to anyone but her husband, and this is where cheerleaders commit a terrible sin that corrupts our youth.

2) Young girls are very impressionable. If they are shown respectable female role models - full-time stay-at-home mothers, for example, they too will become moral people and will know their place in society. If young girls are shown poor role models, whose very appearance shrieks sexual liberality and hence immorality - then they will become this way, and will engage in promiscuity or become pregnant. This dangerous liberal attitude can also spread to other areas of lives - hence cheerleaders may cause drug abuse and the destruction of the family unit. Cheerleaders are also the very worst examples of the 'super-skinny' females who force many girls to starve themselves, often to death, in an attempt to recreate what they have seen.

3) Cheerleaders play a big role - it only takes one indication that sexual immorality and indeed impropriety in general is acceptable, and children will be fornicating and taking drugs. Homosexuality is linked in that people will see this sexual liberality and apply it to other issues, including the disgusting phenomenon of homosexuality - they will condone this kind of behaviour.

Having proven all of your criticisms incorrect - I would like to at this point extend a kind offer to you - to step down and accept that cheerleaders ought to be banned from professional sporting events, to prevent the otherwise inevitable destruction of all morality. I understand why you were led to believe otherwise, but I believe I have now shown you the truth - let us join forces, if, that is - if you place any value on morality at all.
laleona89

Con

I do place value on morality and no, I will not join forces with YOU.

First, you tell me that you understand why I was led to believe otherwise, then tell why.

Second you are crazyyyyy.

Third:

a) Don't blame sexuality on cheerleaders okay; because you can find that everywhere. Just watch some T.V. that does not include any religious documentary about "The Lord". There you will see that you can find a lot of other reasons that may get you thinking if it's really cheerleaders who cause all these. Maybe watch some comedy t.v. show, because a lot of those comedies talk about sex.
"A woman should not seek to look sexually attractive to anyone but her husband, and this is where cheerleaders commit a terrible sin that corrupts our youth." -pro
Tell that to older women not to teens because you can notice that the majority of teens are NOT married, so they look BEAUTIFUL for the guy they like or are interested in.

b) "Young girls are very impressionable. If they are shown respectable female role models - full-time stay-at-home mothers, for example, they too will become moral people and will know their place in society."

Ok so their own mothers are not good enough role models for their children, cause my mother is a very good role model for me, and she taught me right to not let me be influenced by the way other people dress. So blame the mothers for not teaching their daughters correctly on how to dress. For example my mother would never, never, let me out of the house looking like a prostitute or while being dressed inappropriately. I do not dress showing a lot of skin, I honestly do not like wearing short skirts and my mother still argues with me on the way I dress (not that I dress badly, but not the way my mother expects either). The mothers should show their kids the correct way to dress and if the kid does not follow then correct your kid , don't let her do whatever she wants, you are still her mother.

c)"Cheerleaders play a big role - it only takes one indication that sexual immorality and indeed impropriety in general is acceptable, and children will be fornicating and taking drugs."-pro
That is not true, because you can see a lot of immorality in magazines, t.v. etc and that doesn't always make girls take rugs and fornicate, so stop saying that cheerleaders are not the cause for teens taking drugs, the causes are unstable environment at home, peer pressure, etc.

EXTRA ARGUMETNS:

1) Cheerleaders encourage girls to join their cheerleaders team, which in school there are limits the uniforms and they are encouraged to do some exercise and to compete fairly with other chearleading groups.
RightIAm

Pro

I'm sorry to have to say this, because we were having a nice, calm, reasonable debate, but your conduct in that last post was very poor indeed. There is no need for name calling: "you are crazyyyyy" - and particularly of that offensive nature, which effectively discriminates against the mentally ill - a throwback to some of the attitudes that were prominent in Nazi Germany. Nonetheless, I hope we can get on with this debate in a nice, calm and reasonable manner, as before - but would ask all voters to mark you down for bad conduct. Thank you.

I will now respond to some of your silly nonsense:
a) I am saying that cheerleaders play a key role in selling sex and immoral behaviour to children and others. We are not talking about banning the encouragement of immoral behaviour on television - while I would like to do so, that is a debate for another day. The point is - cheerleaders DO encourage immoral behaviour - and impressionable audiences are inclined to become corrupted when they see evil portrayed as 'innocent fun' (what could be further from the truth!?!?!). A teenage girl should not be seeking to persuade men to have vaginal intercourse with her - she should be trying to attract nice young men to go out to the movies with, or to nice meals - sex should take place only amongst married couples (one man and one woman who have been joined by the Lord). Furthermore, cheerleaders do not encourage young girls to try and look 'beautiful' - they encourage them to look like cheap whores who would fornicate with you before you could tell them your name.

b) There are a lot of bad parents in the United States and in the wider world. It is therefore the responsibility of the government to intervene and prevent immoral behaviour. By your logic, drug abuse and sex amongst kindergarteners - even murder, should be legal - and it should be left to parents to discourage this kind of behaviour. No. We need the government to prevent acts of evil.

c) Cheerleaders do play a big role. It only takes one bad influence sometimes and a nice young girl will turn into a slut and will become a drug-addicted prostitute. I will give you a first-hand example of how cheerleaders corrupt people. I went to a football game in the United States of America - and when the cheerleaders went on - do you know what I saw going on in the row behind me? A teenage boy was masturbating and looking at the cheerleaders. This is an act of immorality and was directly encouraged by the cheerleaders. Cheerleaders cause men to become sexually excited - even though men are not married to them (in almost 100% of cases) - this is immoral and indecent.

1. I would suggest that girls get involved in less anti-social, sexually-liberal behaviour that will actually be practical in the real world - like learning to cook, perhaps. I don't understand why you want to promote teenage pregnancies, homosexuality, STDs, broken homes, promiscuity, sex before marriage, oral sex, drug abuse, etc.
laleona89

Con

I am not promoting those stuff.

Like I said cheerleaders cannot control what men do and/or think about them. That boy that as masturbating, tell him to control himself. To people who misinterpret cheerleading, instead of suggesting to take the off of professional games suggest for them to change their uniforms, but I still believe that cheerleaders do not promote pregnancies, sex, etc. People make their own choices so why isn't the government doing something about the bad choices teens make, don't blame the bad decisions of teens and other people on how cheerleaders dress.

When you suggest that girls get involved in other activities like cooking, etc; suggest that to them, it's not like cheerleaders are making people do what they do, try to suggest those things to the people that don't do them.

I apologize for my offensive attitude, and I do not discriminate the mentally ill I actually respect them.

But again cheerleaders should not be blamed for other persons actions.
RightIAm

Pro

I'm afraid that cheerleaders at professional sports stadia are encouraging the following: promiscuity, abortion, homosexuality, sex before marriage, extra-marital affairs, drug abuse, oral sex, rape, beastiality, broken homes, vanity, teenage pregnancies, plastic surgery, necrophilia, masturbation, contraception, anorexia, obesity and more.

If cheerleaders want to cheerlead in the privacy of their own homes, then that is fine, but cheerleading at sporting fixtures should be banned to conserve the moral fabric that its presence so destroys. To make a Biblical analogy, cheerleading at sporting fixtures is akin to the snake in Genesis - the option to sin, to eat the fruit, is still there, but cheerleading at sporting fixtures is one of the key societal problems that brings a huge proportion of the population to become corrupted - that tempts them to eat the fruit, to engage in immoral, unacceptable sexual behaviour, contrary to the demands of the Lord our God.

I accept your apology for your offensive remarks about the mentally ill and forgive you - but ask voters to once again mark you down for bad conduct.

Cheerleaders should not be blamed for other people's actions, but it is sensible to ban them from performing at professional sporting fixtures - or else the moral fibre of society will collapse, people will forget about the sexual values we used to maintain, fathers will have sex with daughters, males with males, married men and women will have extra-marital affairs - and abortions will increased seven-fold - if you don't want this to happen: VOTE CON. Thank you.
Posted by RightIAm 3 years ago
RightIAm
Why am I losing? Are all voters sinful fornicators of the night?
Posted by annhasle 3 years ago
annhasle
"My first argument is that cheerleading encourages sinful, immoral behaviour which is responsible for much of our great country's social ills today - including but not limited to teenage pregnancies, STDs, promiscuity, vanity, sex before marriage, homosexuality, abortion, plastic surgery and liberalism."

o.O
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
There is precedent for the use of wrestlers with cheerleaders. This principle could be applied to add considerable interest to otherwise boring presidential debates.
Posted by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
Brian, Seek counseling. You are obsessed.
Posted by vardas0antras 3 years ago
vardas0antras
BTW, when I said "What about wrestlers ?" I was talking about using wrestlers instead of cheerleaders for the presidential debates.
Posted by brian_eggleston 3 years ago
brian_eggleston
Perhaps cheerleaders should just reflect more closely the typical make-up of young American women - over half of whom are overweight - if there were more 'corpulent' cheerleaders then they wouldn't be regarded as a outmoded example of the sexual objectification of the female form?

On the other hand, who would want to watch a bunch of wheezing fat munters heave their blubbery blks back and forth a to and fro when they could watch some sexy, lithe stunners instead?
Posted by Loserboi 3 years ago
Loserboi
i wish i could "like" cody's comment
Posted by wjmelements 3 years ago
wjmelements
I'd like to see cheerleaders at presidential debates.
Posted by Koopin 3 years ago
Koopin
Who would take this?
Posted by Cody_Franklin 3 years ago
Cody_Franklin
Whoever takes Pro is a horrible person.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 3 years ago
RoyLatham
laleona89RightIAmTied
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 3 years ago
XStrikeX
laleona89RightIAmTied
Vote Placed by AznMagic 3 years ago
AznMagic
laleona89RightIAmTied