kingjlk
Grandzam

should coding be a class in school

kingjlk has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

kingjlk

Pro

i think it is a good idea for kids to learn how to code and learn basic computers and other things
Grandzam

Con

No because all the programming classes I have taken suck lol

they hardly teach you how to do anything
Posted by Grandzam 1 year ago
Grandzam
I'm pretty sure much more than 96% of children don't personally own a computer.
Posted by TriggeredMillenial 1 year ago
TriggeredMillenial
If you think coding should be class then you are a dirty communist! Only someone who believes in the destruction of america should think this a decent idea. First problem: 96% of childs don't own a computer and even a house for that matter! If our impressionable offspring are taught bogus ideas about "technology" or "Free Healthcare" then this country is going to be speaking chinamen in the future. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE CHOPSTICKS! So therefore coding should only become available as a class when our children are wide eyed math teachers!!!11!!!1!
Posted by straightup.gong 1 year ago
straightup.gong
I'm taking a computer programming class and while it's fun at times, it can also be rather difficult. It's like a complex version of math with a whole bunch of variables for different types of functions and you have to figure out which format to use with each function