should cyberschooling be allowed?

I just want to know your opinions on the matter. I know I definitly say yes.

I accept. I assume with cyber schooling we're talking about an institution that teaches courses entirely or primarily through online methods.

Yes, do you think it should be allowed?

I don't. Now I suggest you hurry up and form your arguments because you only have one round left.

I think that children should be cyber schooled. Teachers curriculum sucks and is mostly bias. Not only that but kids get to start their everyday schooling when they want in the day. Also when they get sick they don't necessarily miss school. They can go at their own pase, and no body has to worry about bullying on the cyber school. Plus there is still a teacher accessible if you need help. Parents don't need to worry about their kids getting home late or about their kids getting kidnapped on the way from the bus. It's much safer and 52% of people think it's safer to cyber school their kids. Yeah sure they don't have as much contact with the outside world but that's their parents fault. There are my facts, where are yours?

Well first off I wouldn't call most of these facts but assumptions.

The claim that teacher's curriculum sucks and is mostly bias is a huge generalization. I live in Europe so it might be different in America, but here a subject's curriculum is predetermined by the ministry of education and more external commissions and not by the teacher. The way the teacher brings it is completely dependant on him or her and has nothing to do with the educational system. I can't imagine that's not in America the case as well.

The fact that kids can start their schoolday whenever they want sounds horrible to me. Kids won't be disciplined to abide their appointments and will generally become laxer. They might not even start their class at all if they don't feel like it. How will they ever get used to being on time on their job if they have never learnt that in school?

Cyberbullying, though not as severe as "real" bullying, is still very much present over the internet. Teachers may be more accessible but by your logic they are bad at their job so that adds nothing at all.

Sure it might be safer, but this goes at the expense of going out, going to school, meeting with your friends, socializing and generally being among other people. If you contain your kids in your houses all day they will never experience the outside world and make friends. Because school is still the most important social event for kids and teens.

It's a shame pro can't rebut my arguments, but that's life.
Posted by shedevil 2 years ago
Oh and my school day is just about done so thanks for the info but I got to go
Posted by shedevil 2 years ago
Oh that's way different than over here. BTW my friend is messing with this site, if you get a friend request from classiccupcake just dont accept
Posted by RowanM 2 years ago
Thank you as well. In holland we have a primary school system which you will go to until you're about 11 years old. Then you go to middle school. You have roughly three different levels of middle schools based on your intelligence, low, middle and high. And when you're about 18 and have your middle school diploma, you go to college or university.
Posted by shedevil 2 years ago
I respect your answers and you even convinced me that there are good reason for no. I have admit i am going into 9th grade and am doing this as some research and practice for argumentative essay. I lied about my age and birthday to keep it private. I think your opinions are well thought out and i kinda agree with you. But I still don't like the common core curriculum they teach in America. I don't know what it's like in Europe but I hope that you post a comment and tell me. Thanks.
Posted by Jonbonbon 2 years ago
Go to the forums and you'll get some opinions and discussion.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were more convincing.