Awesome_me123
Shader609

should dance be considered a sport?

Started: 12/3/2013 Category: Arts

Awesome_me123

Pro

It should be a sport mostly because, a sport you work little to none of your muscles. Where as dance, you are using your sternum, inner thighs, ribs, neck, your foot bridges and etc. If you think that dance is not a sport, something is a little loose up there. Dancers spend many long hard hours to perfect coreography and maintain technique. As well as sports, you only work on getting a stupid goal in the net for soccer, nothing else. Not that much of a work out. Many injuries can happen in dance. Insports you work your cardiovasculare system but in dance you work muscles and energy as well as your mind to memorize coreography.
Shader609

Con

I will accept your debate topic. Personally, I do not believe Dancing is a sport. It requires little to no physical ability. I did not know that moving around a room was a sport. It does work out your entire body but that does not make it a sport. I could dance in my room. Does me dancing in my room make me an athlete? Absolutely not. Therefore, Dance is not a sport. Poker is more of a sport than Dancing. Also known as moving.
Awesome_me123

Pro

You probably skipped the part where I said, that you need to work hard to actually dance and get good results from it. Yes you could dance around your room but are you working, holding turn-out, back strait, hips level, square with your shoulders? It takes that just to get half of the posture. So there is a lot more than you think
Shader609

Con

In life, you need to hard work on everything. Or else you do not succeed. Dancing burns calories and is very active. Even if you do not dance as a competition, you will still gets results from your workout. Your argument is basically proving that Dancing is not a sport. Dancing as a "sport" is coordinated moving. Moving around a room is not a sport. Therefore, your argument is invalid. Dancing may be difficult and take time, but that is everything in life.
http://www.tengaged.com...
Awesome_me123

Pro

In a sport basically you move. In dance you coordinate and express. Coordination takes effort and mental training to remember all your corrections, dance steps and stuff. Ballet has more injuries than other sports. Soccer: twisted ankle, broken foot, bruises. Ballet: twisted ankle, broken ankle, hammer toes, bunions, broken toes, ripped akilies tendon, pulled muscles, ripped ligaments, neck cramps. Based on the injuries above, Ballet is an excessive sport. The only real way to understand that ballet is a sport is to experience it. Dance for a month at the Russian Ballet or The Alberta Ballet, all strict and high demanding students. Therefor in conclusion, dance is excessive, takes mental abilities and strength.
Shader609

Con

Shader609 forfeited this round.
Posted by VanessaLo 3 years ago
VanessaLo
Dancing is already considered a sport, in school and across competitive sports dancing is considered a sport so don't post arguments that already exist.