antz
TheOpposition

should disabled have the right to suicide

antz has forfeited round #2.
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

antz

Pro

their are lauds of disabilities and being unable to dress yourself or wash yourself well in my opinion would be very emotionally challenging

some disabilities are endless pain and everyday is torture for them
TheOpposition

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for setting up this debate and I look forward to seeing the results of this debate.

Assisted suicide, also known as Euthanasia, is a delicate topic. While I concede that there are many moral arguments on the side of the pro side, there are often factors that are not taken into account when debating Euthanasia.

My opponent has brought up the pain argument. Yes, I agree that many disabled and terminally ill patients experience extraordinary pain. However, modern medicine has the ability to control pain. A person who seeks to kill him or herself to avoid pain does not need legalized assisted suicide but a doctor better trained in alleviating pain.
Posted by ilovejews7 1 year ago
ilovejews7
the question should be: should an individual be allowed to make an independent decision for euthanasia or suicide...An individual, regardless of their disability, is an individual; unless there is some type of power of attorney that micromanages the individual. I think an individual has a right to suicide, or for that matter, euthanasia. I advocate for states to create desginated sucide spots that assures death, for people who do not want the therapy option or those who simply do not agree with the system. The suicide rate america has increase to record levels, according to research that is ignored. What is a person to do? Attend a pro-life church?

https://www.cdc.gov...

https://www.theguardian.com...