should education in india be skill based , reservation free and for all??

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Education in India should be skill based, reservation free and for all. A lot is heard about smartphones,tablets or computers taking place of schools but I do not approve of it as we will not receive practical knowledge on these tools ,instead students will become more restless, physically, mentally as well as emotionally unfit.
Then there's a usual drawback in our education of the fact that there are a lot of books to study. It's like TODAY WHEN A STUDENT PASSES THROUGH TAKE A EXAMPLE, AN APPLE TREE ON HIS WAY TO HOME FROM SCHOOL HE FEELS SORRY FOR AN APPLE THAT FELT AS HE DOES NOT HAS TIME TO THINK WHY IT FELT???????

I assure that each student studying in a CBSE school who has read the ENGLISH SNAPSHOT -LESSON 4 would agree that :
as was presumed by ALBERT EINSTEIN.

Our education is geared towards teaching and testing knowledge at every level. I fell it is like "Give a man a fish and you feed him one day, teach him how to catch fishes and you feed him for a lifetime." I believe that if you teach a man a skill, you enable him for a lifetime. Knowledge is largely forgotten after the semester exam is over. Still, year after year Indian students focus on cracking IIT JEE, AIIMS or CLAT. The best crackers are rewarded. This is one of the fundamental flaws of our education system. Reward creativity, original thinking, research and innovation.

I truly believe that : Education is not preparation for life, but life itself. Memorising is not learning.The biggest flaw in our education is that it promotes memorizing above originality.The goal of our education should be to create entrepreneurs, innovators, artists, scientists, thinkers and writers who can establish the foundation of a knowledge based economy rather than the low-quality service provider nation that we are turning into. We may have the most number of engineering graduates in the world, but that certainly has not translated into much technological innovation here. Rather, we are busy running the call centres of the rest of the world " that is where our engineering skills end.

The government must ensure technological infrastructure for education by not closing schools and providing students with tablets,computers and smartphones but improving facilities in institutions itself. Also,
creating a few more schools or allowing hundreds of colleges and private universities to mushroom is not going to solve the crisis of education in India. We are in a country where almost all of us are spending their parent"s life savings and borrowed money on education and even then not getting standard education, and struggling to find employment of their choice. In this country, millions of students are victim of a narrow minded rat race. The mind numbing competition and rotten learning ways do not only crush the creativity and originality of millions of Indian students every year, it also drives brilliant students to commit suicide.

What is the solution?

Get smar

I will be accepting your debate.
I believe your statements are unclear, and I do not understand your first argument, as it has horrible grammar and punctuation. So as the said contender I well do my best to make sure I understand this first round.

As for your first point of students (I being in middle school myself knows exactly what your trying to defend/state) becoming socially, mentally, physically and emotionally reckless for school you sir are wrong. I can't see why not and I find it perfectly ok for a student to use a piece of technology like this in our day and age.

Your first paragraph is mixed up, and therefore futile. First you were saying education in India should be skill based, (Which to my knowledge most schools especially in India are skill based on performance year wise in grades, and also tested all at once on grades.) and next you were criticizing all schools and what technology they use. (Completely disregarding the fact on why you started this debate. Also you only mention India's education system twice telling me you don't have clue of what your trying to debate on.)
The fact that you (In your second paragraph) said that: "Then there's a usual drawback in our education of the fact that there are a lot of books to study."
contradicts the first paragraph in your argument being that many books to study is the whole point. Schools try to teach you in all aspects of what life may or may not throw at you. I may not be the best in history but I sure as heck am into to it.
You surprisingly corrected yourself on your 4th paragraph and proving my point and contradicting the 1st 2nd and 3rd paragraph.

For your final 2 statements/paragraphs are completely ridiculous in the sense that most of what you stated is already being worked on and has been going on for centuries. You your self said that (in the final paragraph) that the technological infrastructure must be improved and insured by the government. Also in your paragraphs 4-6 you I assume are talking about the american government (I don't know were you live so I am just guessing) which to my knowledge is actually (despite the recent forth coming of a new depression and Obama and the trillions of dollars of debt the government and federal reserve owes.) is doing just fine citizen wise anyway. You sir have contradicted you 1st-3rd paragraph and have proved my future points. (I am actually researching a lot of this so I will correct myself later.)

your final point is

"Get smar" Well I don't see you getting any smarter either.

I took the liberty of researching what you said about Albert Einstein. He did not state anything of the sort on "It is ideas that matter and not facts. This was an eye opening subject for me thank you.

Pro forfeited this round.

I assume you gave up? if so I will be the victor.

Pro forfeited this round.

brutaldubstepa forfeited this round.