hellopuppy4
hwp460

should elementary shool's serve better food??

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

hellopuppy4

Pro

i think elementary schools should serve better food.
hwp460

Con

1. I would like to say I find it unfair to the neg side that you only stated your opinion and didn't give me a case to base the debate off of.

2. I support the privatization of schools and this leads me to want as little rules as possible. We shouldn't tell a school what to feed it's kids because the school should do as it feels.

3. Healthy food is expensive and we can't just force schools to have to dish out this extra money when the Department of Education is one of the most underfunded branches of the government. Making these schools have to pay the money for lunches when important things like arts, technology and curriculum are all lacking.
hellopuppy4

Pro

you just stated your opinion, with no evidence.
hwp460

Con

1. Fairness-Even if it is true that I said only opinions without evidence, I at least still gave opinionated reasons. It outweighs your nothing. You've done nothing for this debate. I think you're being unfair to yourself at this point.

2. School Liberty-This one doesn't have a chance to give evidence because it's me just saying that schools should be able to make their own decisions. I don't think that something as simple as lunches needs to be decided by the government.

3. Food Price-
School lunch regulations aren"t followed " too expensive
Fox News 1 " 25 " 17 [Republicans look to scrap Michelle Obama school lunch plan, http://www.foxnews.com...]
Since 2012, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has implemented the requirement " tied to the 2010 law " that schools include either a fruit or vegetable for lunches subsidized by the federal government. However, a report published in August 2015 by researchers at the University of Vermont found even though students added more fruits and vegetables to their plates, "children consumed fewer [fruits and vegetables] and wasted more during the school year immediately following implementation of the USDA rule." Titled "Impact of the National School Lunch Program on Fruit and Vegetable Selection," the report noted that average waste increased from a quarter cup to more than one-third of a cup per tray. Observing students at two northeastern elementary schools during more than 20 visits to each, researchers took photos of students" trays after they chose their items, as they were exiting the lunch line and again as they went by the garbage cans. The study's conclusions comport with widespread complaints from school officials and parents that the program encourages food waste. It also has drawn criticism for cost, implementation difficulties and unpopularity with students. Further, since the restrictions on calories, fat, sugar, sodium, whole grains, fruits and vegetables went into effect, it is estimated that over 1.2 million students have stopped eating school lunches, according to EAGnews.org. School systems also dropped out of the program because it led in some cases to compliance costs exceeding the number of federal subsidies received.

This article is evidence that schools wouldn't even follow the lunch problems because it's too expensive. Now we will assume that schools will follow your arbitrary rule and will be bankrupted by the expenses of better food.
hellopuppy4

Pro

i understand that schools serve healthy food, BUT, schools serve pizza. what is in pizza that is good for you??? list please
hwp460

Con

You covered none of my points in your last speech so I win
1.Fairness
2.School Liberty
3.Food Price

Onto your argument about what's good in pizza. I never said the food is healthy now. That was never one of my arguments. My argument has always been it's too expensive. Now pizza has healthy things like calcium, protein and vitamin C and K (tomatoes).