xxx200
Ore_Ele

should europe be torant towarda islam

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

xxx200

Con

friends you all know in this era islam becomes a global threat towards humanity. those who read islamic sharia law, know well that islam banned arts, science, philosophy and all such thing that makes human great.in this era, i have heard that effort is going on to favor muslims in europe. example of such effort is trying to stop criticism of islam, label people as islamophobic and prosecute them. i am afraid that result of such effort would be petty deadly on human civilisation. therefore my suggesion is to stop praising islam. there is nothing praiseworthy in islam. what do you think ?
Ore_Ele

Pro

I will argue that Europe should be tolerant towards Islam, though we both share a BOP for this, my is to show that Europe, as a general rule of thumb, be tolerant to Islam, while my opponent's is that they should not. I hope that we can aviod petty "gotchya" semantics and have a good debate. First, let's get some definitions, since my opponent did not offer any.

Tolerant [1] - "1.Showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with."

Islam [2] - "1.The religion of the Muslims, a monotheistic faith regarded as revealed through Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah."

Religion [3] - "1.The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods."

Second, we need to look at what Islam teaches and preaches. Normally, people will turn to the Qur'an and look for various passages, however, like the bible, there are many different passages and through cherry picking, you can get any message you want out of it. For every verse of violence you find, I can find one for peace. Much like Christians, many Muslims do not hold on to every single verse, rather they find the general message behind the text, and then find several key verses to support it (like the Christian "love thy neighbor" rather than "don't wear clothes made of multiple fabrics").

So, rather than looking at every individual verse, we need to look at the message as a whole. Most Islam scholars are in agreement of the overall messages of Islam [4][5][6]. Islam promotes peace, and supports fighting as resistance from oppresors. While there are a few extremists that warp the message, and don't act true to the real message of Islam, the entire religion should not be discriminated against because of them. No more than should every Christian be discriminated against because of the views and actions of the Westboro Baptist chruch [7].

[1] http://www.google.com...
[2] http://www.google.com...
[3] http://www.google.com...
[4] http://news.nationalgeographic.com...
[5] http://islam101.net...
[6] www.princeton.edu/~rumi/files/warandpeace.ppt
[7] http://www.google.com...
xxx200

Con

many Muslims do not hold on to every single verse, rather they find the general message behind the text, and then find several key verses to support it (like the Christian "love thy neighbor" rather than "don't wear clothes made of multiple fabrics").

really ? perhaps that's why there are so many Muslim outrage throughout the Europe. when Muhammad cartoons are published or when the film about Islam called fitna is released, there are o many Muslim violence all over Europe. Theo van gogh, the maker of the anti Islam film "submission" is brutally killed by a Muslim extremist. the proof of this are given in the following you tube links:
Violent Muslim Protest Outside the Danish Embassy in London

Violent Muslim Protests in Belgium

Ayaan Hirsi Ali on the murder of Theo Van Gogh

so from above discussion it is proved beyond reasonable doubt that many Muslims do hold on to every single verse. sometime they remained silent but that doesn't mean the they are not supporting terrorism. it is a silent support.

Islam promotes peace, and supports fighting as resistance from oppressors.

this argument of my opponent's is self contradictory. peace and fight just cannot coexist.

While there are a few extremists that warp the message, and don't act true to the real message of Islam, the entire religion should not be discriminated against because of them.

my dear opponent please read sharia law. sharia clearly states that it is a communal obligation for Muslims to do jihad. it means every Muslim must do jihad "when they get a chance." some imams are openly calling Muslims to do jihad in public place. the following links will show that:
al-Hawaiian gives solution to Muslims financial problems.wmv

"We Ask a Person Nicely to Convert, But If He Refuses...We Fight Him"

so I think I have established the fact that all Muslims are bound to jihad when they get a chance. so Islam is NOT A PEACEFULL RELIGION. it never was. it is a most violent form of terrorism. Europe must therefore bann the practise of Islam.

Ore_Ele

Pro

Ore_Ele forfeited this round.
xxx200

Con

my opponent has decided to forfeit that round. does it mean he lost all his point?
Ore_Ele

Pro

First, I would like to apologize for missing a round. It was never stated whether missing a round would constitute an automatic loss, or just a loss of conduct. As this is a 5 round debate, there are plenty of rounds to adjust. I will continue debating under the assumption that it is merely a loss of conduct.

First, going over my opponent's arguments, he points to many muslims being upset about the displaying of Muhammad in a cartoon as evidence that they hang on every single verse. This fails to prove that, and only shows that they hang on a particular verse. It also fails to show that all muslims do this. While thousands protested, hundreds of millions did not. More evidence that most muslims do not hold on to every single verse, only needs to point out a few nonsensical verses.

"Allah's Apostle said, "None of you should walk, wearing one shoe only; he should either put on both shoes or put on no shoes whatsoever."" [1]
"The Prophet forbade the wearing of a gold ring." [1]
"Allah's Apostle said, "If you want to put on your shoes, put on the right shoe first; and if you want to take them off, take the left one first. Let the right shoe be the first to be put on and the last to be taken off."" [1]

My opponent then goes on to suggest that peace and self defense cannot exist. I would like to direct my opponent (and any and all voters) here, to get a better understanding of how they are compatible [2].

Finally, my opponent points out that the Quran calls for all muslims to engage in Jihad, but he fails to actually talk about what Jihad really is. Jihad means, "strive" or "struggle." As frequently described in the Qur'an, Jihad is an internal struggle with one's personal demons [3]. Turning to the Qur'an's verses again, we can see how some verses are easily misconstrued by anti-muslim individuals.

"And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers." Is a commonly quoted verse, but it fails to show to verses just behind it. "And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful," and "But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors." Note the "no aggression except against the oppressors." The Qur'an does not premit aggression, except in the act of self defense (fighting oppressors). [4]

[1] http://www.masjidaljama.org...
[2] http://www.peaceoverviolence.org...
[3] http://islam.about.com...
[4] http://quran.com...
xxx200

Con

my opponnt has been brainwashed very nicely by media.
xxx200

Con

xxx200 forfeited this round.
Ore_Ele

Pro

Since this is my last round and I have nothing left to argue, but must say something I guess I'll just say, "I'm getting fed up with this orgasim."

That should activate all the dormant sleeper cells. I command you to cast your votes for me, you are then free to carry out whatever other orders you had when you were first programed.

Thank you,
Posted by Ore_Ele 5 years ago
Ore_Ele
that must be it.
Posted by xxx200 5 years ago
xxx200
islam! oh yes! nobody is out of the spell of islam. none could ever read sharia and understand the deadly message contained in it. yet they come to argue for muslims. perhaps thats why islamic terrorism is still alive in europe and in anywhere n the world. because of people like my opponent , still nobody can ban burkha in france. what a magic of islam ? hats off to seculer people! they don't know what they are doing.
Posted by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
Ore_Ele's opponent is quite clearly a linguistic genius.
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
"My opponent seems to be brainwashed by the media" Really? That's your response?
Posted by Cerebral_Narcissist 5 years ago
Cerebral_Narcissist
For all the crimes of Islam they all seem to be able to string a sentence together.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
xxx200Ore_EleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con, why did you create this debate if you thought any other view was the result of brainwashing by the media?
Vote Placed by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 5 years ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
xxx200Ore_EleTied
Reasons for voting decision: More like idiotic hate speech than an actual debate from Con.
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
xxx200Ore_EleTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON refuted almost nothing from what PRO had to say. Calling opponent, "brainwashed" loses conduct. Spelling and grammar for obvious reasons and everything else is obvious.
Vote Placed by thett3 5 years ago
thett3
xxx200Ore_EleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Tough round. While xxx200 was very convincing and wrote his words of wisdom both artistically, and skillfully, he couldn't erase the fact that he's an idiot. Despite his attempts to say otherwise (especially the "my opponent has been brainwashed"...such a bullet proof rebuttal) he could not stand against the inevitable truth that he is, undoubtedly, an idiot.
Vote Placed by BlackVoid 5 years ago
BlackVoid
xxx200Ore_EleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Objective completed. Recommencing normal everyday activities.