anitajasmine
JuicyBabe13

should footballers be paid such huge amount every week.

JuicyBabe13
Started: 12/2/2010 Category: Sports

anitajasmine

Con

footballers shouldnt be paid money.football is for entertainment
JuicyBabe13

Pro

I will assume my opponent is talking about NFL football players.

An NFL Football player's career is not guaranteed. The average you can play football is about 3.3 years. Their careers can end as soon as they are not able to perform at their highest level.

Because are of the competitiveness of the field, football players will give their best at playing every game. Therefore, there would be much more injuries. That requires insurance and if they are not paid, how will they get insurance?

Also, a college education affects the pay of an NFL football player. It is said that a football player that has a college degree earns 20% to 30% more than a football player that left school early to play in the NFL. Generally, people that has a college degree earns more than a person that does not, so it is only fair for this to be applied in NFL football.

And since my opponent's original question was, "should football players should be payed such huge amount every week," I will answer that with a yes. As I have stated before, a football player's career is extremely limited as opposed to other professions. So it would make logical sense to pay them weekly.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com...
anitajasmine

Con

football football football.what is it other than sport? Yes it is a career for others but should spend billions on it? There are many things to put money in.hospitals,natural disaster,school(which is no.1),housing for refugees and so many others.let us learn to judge our sense of humanity.in this life there are three things: life,tax nd death.football is not one of them.......
JuicyBabe13

Pro

It's actually very hard to debate with you, for I do not get your main point. From what I understand, you're saying football isn't important enough to get the excessive attention and money it's getting, because it is just a sport and nothing else, correct?

Football players, even after retirement, have back pains and such because of the amount of workout and damage they acquired during football games. To care for that, they need money to keep going to the hospital and such. It isn't rocket science. Typically, jobs that have more risks have a higher salary. So, they definitely SHOULD get paid a lot.
anitajasmine

Con

anitajasmine forfeited this round.
JuicyBabe13

Pro

My opponent has forfeited her round. Since she has done so, I guess I will just ask her a simple question: you stated that football is for entertainment and therefore should not be paid. Will that go for other "entertainers" as well?

I mean, artists get paid ridiculous amounts of money, too. And yet the painting is only good to be looked at. That's it.
anitajasmine

Con

firstly,i am sorry that i forfeited that round. Since i stated that football is for entertainment and should not be highly paid,that will not go for 'entertainers".Simply because there are professional singers,actors and actresses that work at the top level of commanding wages.a single actor is an artist and like any artist,they paint their own unique pictures.Nobody can be another Robert Mitchum or Jack benny,each actor or actress is unique and different.if a single movie like AVATAR can cost 200m and generate 2billion in revenue,10million dollars is a cheap price to pay an actor who made it all happen.In this context then,i think they are worth every penny. What amazes me are sports figures who are not artists.....they just know how to kick,toss,hit or run with a ball.i know football is not easy but think about what they are contributing to a society? They are not contributing art than actress or actor did.Who cares who hit a ball into the 18th hole on a pitch for 40years,sport figures add nothing to intelligent or cultural level,movies done by Richard button and many others are constantly enriching and lives on forever.I have told myself the next life i live(i believe in reincarnation) i am going to kick a ball around a course and make 10million dollars a year. According to the table of casualties on the home ministry website 10,749 casualties have been abandoned most of them in the state of TAMIL NADU.5,640 missing all because of the 2004 Indian ocean earthquake.countries affected; Malasia,myanmar,somalia,sri lanka and thailand,these are where money should be placed.22 countries are facing enormous challenges like repeated food crisis and extremely high prevalence of hunger due to natural disasters.F.A.O revealed that 925million in this world live in chronic hunger.THE PATH to recovery is called for significant RETHINKING. My point(since my opponent does not always get it) is that footballers should be paid but not such huge amount like 15.8million pounds(david beckham is recieving + his other revenue streams).http://en.wikipedia.org... _the__2004_indian_ocean_earthquake.
JuicyBabe13

Pro

Thank you for not forfeiting this round. You stated that David Beckham gets paid 15.8 million pounds. That's great, but he isn't a football player. He's a soccer player. This debate is about NFL football players.

"..Simply because there are professional singers,actors and actresses that work at the top level of commanding wages."
-Are NFL football players not professional? Do they not work at their top level? Do you have any idea how hard they work, every day for hours physically? Most actors and actresses get plastic surgery to be as successful as they are. What image are they projecting to young children? Hence the rise in anorexic and bulimic teenagers.

Take a look at the workouts, these are for the recruiting process to see you have what it takes to be on the NFL football team: http://www.nfl.com...

"a single actor is an artist and like any artist,they paint their own unique pictures.Nobody can be another Robert Mitchum or Jack benny,each actor or actress is unique and different."

-I'm guessing you have no idea who Walter Payton, Dick Butkus, Mike Ditka, or Barry Sanders are. They are one of the may football legends. And definitely, not generic.

"if a single movie like AVATAR can cost 200m and generate 2billion in revenue,10million dollars is a cheap price to pay an actor who made it all happen."

-....and what good does movies do for the world? You were stating before that people should "judge their sense of humanity" and use money on schooling and hospitals instead of football players. People can live without football? People can live without movies, then. You're contradicting yourself.

"in this life there are three things: life,tax nd death.football is not one of them......."

-I don't see movies or actors/actresses stated in there. Contradiction again?

"Who cares who hit a ball into the 18th hole on a pitch for 40years,sport figures add nothing to intelligent or cultural level,movies done by Richard button and many others are constantly enriching and lives on forever."

-Personally, I've never heard of Richard Button. Therefore, it's not enriching my life. How can you say sports does not affect anyone culturally? Heard of the gladiators before in ancient times? They killed each other and the audience found that entertaining. That can tell you ALOT about their cultures and morals at the time. Sports figure can be role models for young athletes, aspiring to be just like them one day. What's wrong with that? Being "smart" isn't for everyone. No one wants to just study, study, and study all time. Sports can be entertaining too, but it teaches you life lessons such as playing as a team and winning all the time isn't necessary. It's healthy emotionally and mentally.

By the way, the NFL actively donates to Breast Cancer Research.
www.NFL.com/pink

For future references, Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anyone can edit it.
Posted by JuicyBabe13 6 years ago
JuicyBabe13
You really think she speaks 5 languages, at the age of 17? I'll be impressed if she does, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're wrong.
Posted by Lisa2011 6 years ago
Lisa2011
Actually I typed in all caps to stress my point. I don't want you to be scared you live in Japan and I in the US so obviously we are never going to bump into each other, My point is that your rude and just because your online line doesn't make it an exceptable behavior.
As I said she probably speaks 5.
Posted by JuicyBabe13 6 years ago
JuicyBabe13
Lisa2011;

You're right. In many countries "soccer" is called "football."

However, I clearly stated we were debating about NFL Football players. If I was wrong, she could have corrected me.

Oh and I never stated that she wasn't a challenge. Why would you think that? The fact she has incoherent sentences is a fact; go back and look. I never said I was "smarter." If I did, please quote me. She was the one that invited me to this debate. It would've been rude to assume I was of a superior being and denied her invitation.

And another thing, she stated she was using her phone. Any idea how hard it is typing up a decent debate on a phone? Yeah. Next time, she can use a computer if she wants a neater debate.

Seriously. Like you're so bad 'cuz you typed in all caps, I'm so scared.

Lol and I speak three languages by the way.
Posted by Lisa2011 6 years ago
Lisa2011
Gōman'na on'na
Posted by Lisa2011 6 years ago
Lisa2011
Depending on what country your in football is SOCCER as WELL as FOOTBALL AMERICANO

JUICYBABE.......... YOU HAVE THE WORST ATTITUDE DON'T DEBATE HER IF YOU DON'T FEEL ITS A CHALLENGE OR IF HER SENTENCES ARE TO INCOHERENT. OBVIOUSLY HER FIRST LANGUAGE IS NOT ENGLISH. I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT AFIRCA BUT WITH THE INFO I DO HAVE SHE PROBABLY SPEAKS 5 LANGUAGES COMPARED TO YOUR 2. MANY PEOPLE IN AFRICA DO NOT HAVE THE PRIVILEGES OF MIDDLE SCHOOL HIGH SCHOOL OR EVEN A ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EDUCATION. SO YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T FEEL IN ANY WAY SUPERIOR OR AS IF YOU ARE OF ANY HIGHER INTELLECTUAL STATUS. YOU REALLY COME OFF AS AN Gōman'na on'na
Posted by anitajasmine 6 years ago
anitajasmine
*sobs* u just broke my heart by saying that.i tot u were special :-*
Posted by JuicyBabe13 6 years ago
JuicyBabe13
Lolololololol
I don't come online for you, like other people talk to me through this site (: Duhh. You're nothing special.
Posted by anitajasmine 6 years ago
anitajasmine
funny how you always have to come online to reply me.i'm really getting your attention,nice one.m f
Posted by JuicyBabe13 6 years ago
JuicyBabe13
Facepalm @ anitajasmine
Posted by anitajasmine 6 years ago
anitajasmine
my dear, we are not fighting it is only a debate.i do not have strenght for this :),take a CHILL PILL.
Vote Placed by annhasle 6 years ago
annhasle
anitajasmineJuicyBabe13Tied
Vote Placed by WhiteWolf 6 years ago
WhiteWolf
anitajasmineJuicyBabe13Tied
Vote Placed by KevinW 6 years ago
KevinW
anitajasmineJuicyBabe13Tied
Vote Placed by Lisa2011 6 years ago
Lisa2011
anitajasmineJuicyBabe13Tied