guyawesome1
ADigitalArtist

should governments pay for the sports teams

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

guyawesome1

Pro

I believe governments should pay for the sport teams because
Many people care about their sports teams as said by the high kings in their song "fields of glory"
"I was born in a country where people admire
Their great sporting heroes and how they aspire
To stand upon mountains and always be winners
And never give less than their all...
An anthem of hope is the song they are singing
The whistle, it sounds and the game, it begins
And the roar of the crowd echoes up to the heavens
It sends out a clarion call"
New Zealand is so proud of the all blacks the national rugby team that they have put their flags at half mast just because the all blacks lost a match.

It also gives citizens hope for a better future for example in WWII Thanks to the fact that all the men were at war their was not enough pro baseball players to play the sport in america a small league of women played which helped raise hope for both the players and the fans.
ADigitalArtist

Con

Hey Guyawesome1! Thanks for the debate, good luck and have fun. :)

My sports tastes are pretty eclectic, being mostly hockey and competitive pc games. I am easily outside the norm of popularity in my country of origin. Most people wouldn't want their taxes income to go to video game teams. Similarly, I don't want my money to go to football or baseball. Instead, I like the Greenbay Packers style community ownership (https://en.wikipedia.org...) where the teams are being funded by stakeholding fans, people who really enjoy the sport as opposed to just any average tax payer. And the people doing the regulation of the team are the fans, not just a government or corporate body which might only care about the bottom line.
guyawesome1

Pro

Do you know how i can buy stock in the green bay packers I haven't been able to and ive been trying for a few months

First off if only fans of the teams were to donate the sports teams they would have to donate too much money because most people don't donate to the teams I know I wouldn't but i am willing to pay a small amount of money if i know everyone else is to because that small amount will add up to be enough to fund the team.
ADigitalArtist

Con

ADigitalArtist forfeited this round.
guyawesome1

Pro

guyawesome1 forfeited this round.
ADigitalArtist

Con

ADigitalArtist forfeited this round.
guyawesome1

Pro

guyawesome1 forfeited this round.
ADigitalArtist

Con

ADigitalArtist forfeited this round.
guyawesome1

Pro

guyawesome1 forfeited this round.
ADigitalArtist

Con

ADigitalArtist forfeited this round.