will9925452
David_Debates

should i let these children out of my basement?

Started: 5/23/2016 Category: Cars

will9925452

Con

i dont want to but im open to suggestions
David_Debates

Pro

First, we should begin with definitions.

Should: having moral incentive.
I: me, myself, and I.
Let out: to allow to go free.
Children: humanoids that are less than the age of 13.
My Basement (not mine, but yours. I don't have children in my basement): a scary place filled with tears and suffering.

Now that we've defined our terms, let's begin with the debate.

Let them go.
I know it may be hard for you to let these children out of your basement, but it is necessary. To keep them in there is to rob their only freedom: happiness. Studies indicate that children kept against their will in a basement makes them less happy than children that are not in a basement in the first place (1). Not only that, but the tooth fairy, Santa, and the Easter bunny can't get to them to give them toys, presents, and quarters that they spend in a few seconds. Instead, the evil Pootis bird will come and give them the spooks (2). Finally, you should let them go because of the danger of developing the medical disorder known as "halpmeplzia (3)." This disorder is extremely dangerous, as it makes the children ask for help all the time, and they are no longer able to accomplish anything on their own.

For these three reasons, I strongly recommend you to "let these children out of my basement (but once again, not my basement, but yours)."

(1) getmeoutofthebasement.pls
(2) 3spooky5me.boo/POOTIS/
(3) realdoctor.shmup
will9925452

Con

The children are all school shooters so they don't deserve happiness. Also your sources seem to be invalid
David_Debates

Pro

Hmm, you seem to have brought a new term. I'll define.

School Shooter: someone who 1) goes to school, and 2) has shot a gun in his/her life before, in real life or in a video game.

As we can see, school shooters aren't dangerous at all. I am a school shooter (I attend high school + I play COD), and I have never killed anyone. Thus, your "argument" doesn't make them not deserve happiness.

Second, you brought up that my sources seem to be invalid. Your computer must simply not be working, as these links are quite valid indeed. I'm sure that the author of the word famous blog, "Get Me Out of the Basement," would love to have a chat on how you declared his site "invalid." How are you an expert to declare the sciences of POOTIS invalid? Also, Dr. Shmup would have a word with you on how you dismissed his well thought out, meticulously researched article on "halpmeplzia," a dangerous medical disorder.

Because of all this compelling and irrefutable evidence (see sources), you should let the children out of your basement.

(1) getmeoutofthebasement.pls
(2) 3spooky5me.boo/POOTIS/
(3) realdoctor.shmup
will9925452

Con

ok can we not be stupid here. School Shooter in the context i was using it in means someone who shoots up a school(in real life not a video game) which makes your argument that they deserve happiness invalid. And im just going to disregard the rest of your debate because i dont want to lose any more iq points.
David_Debates

Pro

I don't mean to be rude, but it seems you were unable to define a new term you brought in and, according to proper debate protocol, Pro has authority to define a term if undefined by Con (1). I hope you can access the link I will place at the bottom of my argument. But then again, you weren't able to open my other sources, so I don't know if you can see this one either, so I'll copy paste it into the debate.
"1) Definitions
a) Defining the resolution is the responsibility of the Affirmative team. The first speaker must reasonably define key words
in the resolution.
c) If the first Affirmative speaker fails to define the resolution he or she must accept any reasonable definitions proposed by the first Negative speaker. If the first and second speakers fail to define the terms, the right to define falls to the
remaining speakers in turn (1)."

Also, it's quite unfortunate that you are loosing IQ points. Perhaps the Pootis bird has visited you and given you the spooks.

(1) http://www.saskdebate.com...
will9925452

Con

My bad, but last time i checked school shooter was a pretty universal term. and yes that link worked since it is an actual website.
David_Debates

Pro

Last time I checked, you have to make sure to define your terms. Glad that the link worked. It's quite strange that the other ones didn't work for you. You should update to at least Windows 2.11, that might help you open the links I've attached.

Extend my arguments.

Windows:
http://windows.microsoft.com...
will9925452

Con

well if we are using that logic, you didnt define what "real life or in a video game." means, which means i can define it. i define it as a school. so a school shooter means School Shooter: someone who 1) goes to school, and 2) has shot a gun in his/her life before, in a school. in which case they shot up a school which means they dont deserve happiness
David_Debates

Pro

So let me get this straight: you defined real life as school. So then everyone who is not in school is not real. Only students are real. There are no teachers, no President, no one who works at Taco Bell. Your definition is clearly faulty, and proven to be. See the site I referenced to know what logic I used.

Vote Pro.
Posted by SoulTechNameIII 6 months ago
SoulTechNameIII
O' how thine mighty have fallen.
Posted by best_debator 9 months ago
best_debator
You are a bad person. You don't even have a life. How do I know? I know because only stupid and lifeless people do that to little kids. And as far as I am concerned, you are a criminal, and should be punished for your actions. Wait until cops catch you. Who knows the punishment, so I would if I were you, stop it my friend. You have no decency whatsoever.
Posted by will9925452 1 year ago
will9925452
so you are going to say will9925452 said he is kidnapping children to the police. Can't wait to hear about they hung up on you
Posted by coooovl312 1 year ago
coooovl312
are you a kiddnaper and let those kids out or i will call the cops
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Update:
Here's a link showing the Pootis birds spooking people. Adult supervision is advised if you are under 13 years of age. There are some graphic parts.
https://www.youtube.com...
Posted by will9925452 1 year ago
will9925452
the second i asked should i let these children out of my basement, it was a non serious debate
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
I just felt like the resolution was so outlandish, I decided to add some humor, so that anyone who sees this isn't immediately thinking, "oh no, not another troll debate!" I don't know if it worked, but whatever. It was fun for me to have a not so serious debate.
Posted by will9925452 1 year ago
will9925452
well since i was just trying to see if anyone had a good reason for me to realase them and they are still in my basement i think i won
Posted by Forthelulz 1 year ago
Forthelulz
I agreed with Pro before and after the debate, Pro had marginally better conduct because he had definitions and whatnot ready to go whilst Con had zero definitions or reasons that had to be asked about in comments even though Pro left joke links in the first couple arguments, Pro had better spelling, grammar, and punctuation than con by a wide margin, Pro actually put forth arguments that made sense whilst dispelling Con's, and only Pro provided sources.
All 7 to Pro.
Posted by SoulTechNameIII 1 year ago
SoulTechNameIII
School shooter otherwise known as a shooter who attends school. Checkmate atheists.
Vote Placed by jacklykestacows 8 months ago
jacklykestacows
will9925452David_DebatesTied
Reasons for voting decision: he deserves the children
Vote Placed by Kreakin 12 months ago
Kreakin
will9925452David_DebatesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con really said nothing that formed any valid arguments, even in a hopefully "joke " debate.
Vote Placed by ballpit 1 year ago
ballpit
will9925452David_DebatesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con states that he still has the kids in his basement so he wins. Disregard this vote as this debate is a non-serious debate.
Vote Placed by SoulTechNameIII 1 year ago
SoulTechNameIII
will9925452David_DebatesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro wreaked house boyie waddup