Cheyanne1114
NevilleLongbutton

should it matter how old you are to leigally get maried

Cheyanne1114

Pro

in my opinion it shouldnt matter nor should your parents get involvedd and if there is a certian age i think it should be lowered times are changing no one wants to wait it should be there decision not there parents who think they "know best".......
NevilleLongbutton

Con

I agree with you, but I believe you're forgetting the reasons one wouldn't marry at an early age.
To put this as bluntly and simply as possible, kids are not physically, mentally, or financially ready for marriage. Seriously, it's a flipping drag. Parents may not "Know best,", but they certainly have experience in the turmoil of these legal bindings, so do you honestly think brushing off their advice is going to be helpful? People have managed to find many flimsy reasons to tie the knot, jump the broom, whatever. Now, let's assume you were talking about, say, a fourteen year old. Not only how, but where in the youpleshes are they going to get the money to pay for a wedding? More than two thirds of the world is in middle class and lower-- That's just enough to pay for some mediocre and ridiculous process known as a wedding, and that expenses thousands from you. And, once married, your banks are tied together, or at least your values. Some of these theoretical people don't even have jobs!
So, let's move to the mental stage of this. To be rather rude, I'm going to use your earlier statement as an example. Look at it. No punctuation, capitalization, a full run on sentence with pockets of grammatically incorrect words. I use this because, if you're still having difficulties constructing a few sentences, then wrapping your brain around the concept of being modestly tied to someone else is exponentially more difficult. At such an early stage of life, comprehending the many, many troubles of marriage and trying to muddle through that is more or less like learning seven languages- You probably won't even have the motivation to keep up with it.
And, physically wise, that should be pretty obvious: Some young females haven't even started their period, and they're expected to have a wedding night? And if they do happen to be past that stage, young pregnancy is a potentially huge issue. That, and hormones. They can make you drop the marriage by batting an eyelash, which is coincidentally pointed toward a significant other who you were oggling at after a make out session.
Though I am fully for those marrying whenever they want, at whatever age, admittedly, it's evidently idiotic to do so in years consisting only a few experiences. If they don't want to wait, and they would rather spend money on weddings, divorces, and more of the such, then let them! But then again, you have to encounter the reasons why they shouldn't.
Cheyanne1114

Pro

Ok 1. I can constructs proper sentence. I choose no too. Because I just don't want to. I have better things to do with my time them make sure the sentence is perfect for you
2. I don't mean a 12 or 14 year old. IM refuting to maybe 16 year olds and up. And if I can pay Taxs, bills and basically live on my own take care of myself. Purchase food for myself with my own money that I earned mind you. I think I'm fully capable to handle a marriage.
NevilleLongbutton

Con

Ah, so I am in the fault. Earlier I should have stated I did not mean literally you, but teenagers* in general. And again, I only used your sentences as an example. You don't need to justify you can make full sentences to marry, I could care less who wishes to get married at what age. Those are merely all the facts why marrying as a teenager makes for a difficult scenario. You earlier said "I think I'm fully capable to handle a marriage.", this is an opinion. You really won't know until you put it to the test, so by all means, do if you so wish to! However, marriage it difficult, and the consequences to a divorce added with hormones can stir for a disaster, the likes of which include drug or alcohol withdrawal, teenage pregnancies, or even higher crime rates. If they want to try, of course they shouldn't be stopped, but from marriage they might gather many more experiences they didn't expect. So I partly disagree with you that marriage at a young age is ok because it can be hurtful, but if others are willing to risk it, then I wouldn't try to stop them.
Cheyanne1114

Pro

If you don't care what age people get married why did you join my debate? And just because some people get hurt by marriage doesn't wman everyone will.
NevilleLongbutton

Con

Firstly, I wouldn't assume everyone would, but the majority is very likely to have at least some small mishaps in their bound relationship. And secondly, people should be able to love whoever or whatever they want to. It's their own chemical responses, and that is something that I can't change, nor would I want to. But there are many reasons why and how making that connection would make for a field worth of mental, physical, and financial turmoil, I was only pointing out the reasons why you shouldn't marry so young.
Cheyanne1114

Pro

Cheyanne1114 forfeited this round.
NevilleLongbutton

Con

NevilleLongbutton forfeited this round.
Cheyanne1114

Pro

Cheyanne1114 forfeited this round.
NevilleLongbutton

Con

NevilleLongbutton forfeited this round.