JL10536
BackCommander

should kids be abble to bring religion in school?

BackCommander

JL10536

Pro

it are rights we should be able to bring are religion to school
BackCommander

Con

Ignoring your spelling (I am aware you meant"our") I will still require elaboration in round two.
Though you did not state as much, I assume this round is just for accepting. I ask that you explain whether you mean that you should be allowed to expression your religion openly in school by bringing certain papers or articles, or if you mean your religion itself. I look forward to having a peaceful debate.
JL10536

Pro

My first conclusion is that some religion require you to act a certain way. Some kids loss touch of their religion do to not practicing it. The teachers are taking away the freedom of speech. If we cant do it at school they can go ahead and take it away from our house. Why should they have to suffer because of the teacher are offended.
BackCommander

Con

I'll start this first rebuttal by pointing out that it is in no way the teachers' fault. Separation of Church and State exists for a reason. You started by pointing out that many religions require a certain amount of "practice" like prayer a certain amount each day or spreading the word, this isn't a very strong argument though. You'd first have to prove that religion is beneficial to society (One could argue that it is counter productive to our fight for basic human rights) and that it is benificial to the student (which is the stronger argument, but still not necessarily a good one) before you could claim that losing it would be bad. You're second point has to do with your first amendment right and by extension your rights as a whole. Not letting you practice your religion doesn't violate your rights because your rights, as a minor, are suspended the second you step foot onto a government owned vehicle or the grounds of a government facility. That's why no one gets in any legal trouble for punishing you for simply talking during class, you don't have any rights there. No one can legally stop a student from reading their holy book or praying to themselves in class as long as they aren't distracting other students, teachers just can't legally ask students to pray. That, however, isn't what this argument is about. "Should" was the word used so this is an opinion, or morality, based debate. I say no student should be allowed to bring their religion to school because my stance is that it is against the very reason school exists in the first place, legitimate education. Religion doesn't teach, it indoctrinates and convinces. It isn't fact, and has no reason to be in a place of learning.
JL10536

Pro

JL10536 forfeited this round.
BackCommander

Con

My opponent forfeited the last round, therefore I see no reason to further my argument here. I await your responses in the next round.
JL10536

Pro

JL10536 forfeited this round.
BackCommander

Con

Well, okay then.
Posted by BackCommander 1 year ago
BackCommander
Yeah, I went into this pretty confident in my ability to win. Though when people use the word "should" it tends to muddle the debates a bit.
Posted by ThisIsMyUsername333 1 year ago
ThisIsMyUsername333
Yeah, that Round 2 argument of yours pretty much defeated every point he could have made, to be honest.
Posted by BackCommander 1 year ago
BackCommander
I have no idea, I assume they simply understood how misplaced they were in this debate.
ThisIsMyUsername333
Why did pro forfeit that much?
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: ZachZimmey// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments), 1 point to Con (S&G). Reasons for voting decision: YAY

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD, just a statement of approval.
************************************************************************
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
Yeah it really depends on what Pro is saying here. If it is saying kids should be allowed to pray in school then thats good. I mean it is our right to practice beliefs. However if your saying a kid should be able to "kill the infidels" (just an example honestly not supposed to be directed at anyone) then obvious that would be wrong, because our rights end where another's begin. So yeah really it just comes down to what you mean and the rights humans have.
Posted by sapere_aude 1 year ago
sapere_aude
could you clarify more what the sides of the deabte are. is it prayers in school or do you mean prostaltizing. thank you. depending on answer i would like to accept the debate. thank you for posting the debate and thank you for your time.
Vote Placed by Shrekoning 1 year ago
Shrekoning
JL10536BackCommanderTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is either very young, barley literate, or cannot speak/write fluent English. Children are allowed to pray, wear religious clothing, and read holy books in schools. A school can't FORCE prayer on the student however. I go to High School. It isn't that we CAN'T pray, its just that nobody really WANTS to pray. Most people label themselves christian, but I never see them really pray or do anything religiously. A lot of people these days are simply religious in self-identification only. BTW, Whoever votes for Pro when he forfeited, had barely any argument, and a plethora of bad grammar and spelling mistakes, is a biased evangelical most likely.