heartblue102
Bogcha

should kids be able to drive at 13 years old

Bogcha

heartblue102

Con

I believe that kids should not be able to drive as a teenager because they can have extreme road rage they will be on their phones the whole time also they will be more likely to crash.
Bogcha

Pro

I will gladly accept this debate, and i will argue that pre-teens (usually ages 9 to 12 but we will cover all the way to toddler/infant) should drive. Please i will also indicate that you should take into consideration the reasoning and the arguments of this debate not the morality (after all that is what a debate is).

First of all i would like to indicate that a "kid" is an individual until the age of 18. The law allows the minimum age of driving to be between 16-17. These are also seen as teens. You will have to prove to the authorities also your arguments. Nonetheless...
Here are some facts: (F=fact; D=deducted)

F: "33% of deaths among 13 to 19-year-olds in 2010 occurred in motor vehicle crashes"
D: The fact does not indicate or mention pre-teens. You would argue, yes they don't because they don't have an driving license. But look at the numbers 13-15 is against the law to drive. Therefore preteens are allowed to drive since the % of deaths or crashes is not indicated.

F: "56% of teens said they talk on the phone while driving"
D: If you take into consideration a toddler or a individual who has not yet reached the capability to talk then this "fact" will not be applied.

F: "Teens may not get behind the wheel and drive intoxicated the way an adult would"
D: Self-explanatory

F: "Six out of 10 drivers ages 16 to 20 who were killed in crashes were unrestrained"
D: A toddler will be restrained in his/her/it's carseat. Therefore this will protect a toddler and will keep him restrained.

Now you will argue that preteen does not posses the mental capacity to drive/operate a motorized automobile. Consider this:
Driving requires a certain amount of hand-eye coordination, intuition and and a sense of the car's position (spacial geometry).

The child is learning/improving his walking abilities which require some hand-eye-foot coordination, if it were to be introduced to a car situation, adaptation will take place. Intuition and mental capacity (i mean the ability to rationalize) is developing at an accelerated speed, the more reason to introduce a child at this age to driving.

Bottom line is that all the facts prove that a child/preteen/toddler should be encouraged and allowed to drive.

https://www.sps186.org...
heartblue102

Con

I am going to start off the second portion of the debate with saying this.You will never know what kids are doing out here now a days.Its so many dangerous things going on out here in the world and so much negativity happening before our eyes. So I believe if a kid was to drive at 13 years old that child might not no what to do.I believe with all this technology and different things kids might actually get in to so many accidents.Skip school because they can drive at such a young age nd go places that they owant to go.Now dont get me wrong I am not saying this about all kids but most kids yes.They dont have no reguard or no respect for authority now a days. So how are they going to have respect while they are on the rode with people. Also even if these kids go to driving school and everything you still dont think they arent going to break the rules? To be honest with you im not going to sugar code nothing 50% of kids at schools break the rules everyday so imagine how they would be on the rode.I dont think that is such a great idea to have teenagers on the rode because half of the time they wont even be paying attention.
Bogcha

Pro

Please read what i have to say carefully...

"You will never know what kids are doing out here now a days"
This is the second sentence from your paragraph looking response. You have given all your arguments that contradict this sentence. Here are the sentences that are contradicting:

"I believe if a kid was to drive at 13 years old that child might not no what to do"
"Skip school because they can drive at such a young age nd go places that they owant to go"
"They dont have no reguard or no respect for authority now a days."
" To be honest with you im not going to sugar code nothing 50% of kids at schools break the rules everyday so imagine how they would be on the rode.I dont think that is such a great idea to have teenagers on the rode because half of the time they wont even be paying attention." (maybe give a reference as to where you got that percentage from)

Bottom line is that the con is taking morality and a "what feels good" type of approach to this debate and has completely ignored the points i have made in the previous round. In order for this debate to continue you have to disprove what i have indicated in round 1.
heartblue102

Con

heartblue102 forfeited this round.
Bogcha

Pro

Con was unable to contradict my rebuttals. VOTE PRO!! :)
Posted by heartblue102 2 years ago
heartblue102
this debate is my first so take it easy
Vote Placed by CommunistDog 2 years ago
CommunistDog
heartblue102BogchaTied
Reasons for voting decision: While I still don't trust that 13 year olds should be behind the wheel, Pro does have convincing arguments. I thought pro would lose, seeing how Con made a debate which is almost impossible for Pro to win at.