Palidenseye
HRSuperior

should kids go to school

HRSuperior

Palidenseye

Pro

I think they should go to school so we can get a education
HRSuperior

Con

I believe that education is necessary, but we do not need "schools" for it. It is important that children understand the world around them, but why waste government money on expensive schooling when parents could easily educate their children themselves? Hence I accept your debate.
Palidenseye

Pro

I disagree because then how else would we get our education because home schooling would not be an option for every one
HRSuperior

Con

Kids these days do not want to learn. They hate school. The unnecessary subjects, the constant competition, the social issues with classmates. What if we take away all of this? We can have children specialize in a particular subject instead of studying them all. We could assign children with future jobs. We could have singular, hour long classes once a week which kids are not forced to go to. Some say this is soul crushing, but I say this is efficiency at its best. Its the perfect world.
Posted by HRSuperior 10 months ago
HRSuperior
Makes sense.
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
The standards are available for anyone to read.
Posted by HRSuperior 10 months ago
HRSuperior
voting is harsh
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: snkcake666// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Con presented an argument which was slightly more fine-tuned. The argument was essentially more thorough.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter needs to directly analyze specific arguments given by both debaters in order to award source points.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: harrytruman// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Homeschool is best

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD. Just a statement of the voter's opinion.
Posted by HRSuperior 10 months ago
HRSuperior
tbh I only agreed to go con because I knew nobody else would
Posted by BenJWasson 10 months ago
BenJWasson
I think pro should win, not because of the argument provided, but because of the topic. Banning school would be ridiculous. If parents all had to teach their children, the economy would plummet because parents wouldn't do their jobs. The world would greatly change, and not for the better. There would be no experts in the fields of anything, because people need teachers to, well, teach them. Also, as a student at the "top" of my school (in terms of intelligence), I can proudly say that I love school, and many others do. The people that don't like school don't like education, period. I however won't be voting because the pro was pretty much garbage.
Posted by freedomenthusiast 10 months ago
freedomenthusiast
I hope con wins, because school is nothing but an illusion for success in life.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
PalidenseyeHRSuperiorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments all amounted to assertions without warrants. While he's right that not all kids would have access to home schooling, that doesn't do anything to explain why a school is beneficial. Saying that getting an education is a good start, but you need to explain why that education is uniquely beneficial. Con may not be giving me much in the way of warrants either, but he's giving me alternatives. Admittedly, some of those alternatives sound a little... child labor-ish... but I'm given no reason to believe that schools offer a uniquely beneficial education that cannot be obtained otherwise. As such, while Con hasn't justified that these other options are better, Pro has failed to uphold his burden to show that kids should go to school, and as such he loses the debate.