debatemaster87
JeebusReebus

should kids have American rights

debatemaster87

Pro

as a kid I really don't see any reason why American kids shouldn't have any freedom. I mainly started this so not only me but every American kid ages 5 and up should have what freedoms there parents do.
JeebusReebus

Con

I suppose before getting into this argument one would need to know what rights you are specifically talking about. If the rights were to be the right to bear arms then it would be completely unreasonable to even suggest that kids ages five and up should have that right. Imagining a world where five year old children could go to the nearest gun store and legally purchase a fire arm makes me shutter. In fact I can't think of any laws that infringe on the rights of children that aren't for the child's safety or for the safety of people around said child. So before going any further I ask you to provide examples of rights you believe children should have.
debatemaster87

Pro

i know about the gun law but kids wouldn't use guns and teen would use something non-lethal like tranquilizer darts. also i am being treated like a slave at my own home and i doubt anyone would like a world like that. also if kids had their own rights then real-world crime would decrease do to less neglectful parents.
JeebusReebus

Con

First of all teens should not get anything close to a sleeping dart. That is a completely ludicrous notion. Secondly it sounds to me you are talking more on how parents should treat there children, and for the most part, some parents could allow their children more freedom. But going to the extreme and saying that all the rights adults have children should have as well is unreasonable at best. And if you want to take it that far have fun making children pay taxes, vote for issues they don't understand (and I want to stress this one completely because 5 year olds voting for the president is crazy), fill out complicated paperwork, drink alcohol, join the military, and of course trying to figure out there lives without the help of their parents. If a change needs to be done to have parents treat their children with respect and allow for greater freedoms then so be it, let that be case by case. But saying the solution for this problem is allowing children to legally have all the freedoms is crazy and a representation that children don't understand what they are getting themselves into.
debatemaster87

Pro

debatemaster87 forfeited this round.
JeebusReebus

Con

JeebusReebus forfeited this round.
debatemaster87

Pro

debatemaster87 forfeited this round.
JeebusReebus

Con

JeebusReebus forfeited this round.
debatemaster87

Pro

debatemaster87 forfeited this round.
JeebusReebus

Con

JeebusReebus forfeited this round.